Detroit Locker KJ for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Little flashy for my taste,do think it is a cool Libby. Wonder if it all functions properly? 15K sounds fairly low for parts,whatall.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the build................

http://www.sn-fab.com/projects/tractech/index.html

With 35" tires and only 4.56 gears expect way less then 10 mpg's as the norm and gotta think about tire cost also so be prepared to dish out almost $1000 or more every 20k miles for new tires,more maintenance also involved.Don't forget insurance,it will cost more $$$ to insure that and Gieco or Progressive(and such other types of insurance companies) will not cover it.

Not scaring you but you gotta think past the "cool factor" and get back into operating costs.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

(rotflmao)

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the build................

http://www.sn-fab.com/projects/tractech/index.html

With 35" tires and only 4.56 gears expect way less then 10 mpg's as the norm and gotta think about tire cost also so be prepared to dish out almost $1000 or more every 20k miles for new tires,more maintenance also involved.Don't forget insurance,it will cost more $$$ to insure that and Gieco or Progressive(and such other types of insurance companies) will not cover it.

Not scaring you but you gotta think past the "cool factor" and get back into operating costs.

yeah that's what I was hoping to find out from you guys.. he told me there's 33s on it now.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 14" of lift and only running 33" tires,kinda goofy looking and tippy.

Make him put the original TR beadlocks back on with Krawlers and it may be worth while.

The beadlocks are still on according to him. And I might have to. but in the practical world would it give me problems or be dangerous to be a daily? I feel like yours is safer looking to be driven at speeds

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beadlocks are still on according to him. And I might have to. but in the practical world would it give me problems or be dangerous to be a daily? I feel like yours is safer looking to be driven at speeds
There are/can be issues with beadlocks and daily driving,lots of extra work with beadlocks and constant checking the bolts and air pressure.

I'm sitting 4" lower then that KJ,same width.

Another ? that should be asked is what maintenance has/has not been done.That t-case requires specific fluid and those diffs can not have synthetic gear oil in them.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are/can be issues with beadlocks and daily driving,lots of extra work with beadlocks and constant checking the bolts and air pressure.

I'm sitting 4" lower then that KJ,same width.

Another ? that should be asked is what maintenance has/has not been done.That t-case requires specific fluid and those diffs can not have synthetic gear oil in them.

yeah, he stated that the beadlocks are not DOT approved. and ok I'll contact him again and ask him. Thanks troy.