LTT's KJ Up For Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after owning this one on and off since new, I'm selling the KJ for parts or project car. I've owned it since new, sold to a buddy for his daughter for a couple years, then got it back about a year ago. Come to find out, she never changed oil, and ran it way low at some point. Used a little oil when I got it back, then all of the sudden over a week, it went dry and seized on the highway... So, engine is toast. Here's the details on the rest of it.

It is a 2007 2WD Sport
- 47RLE Trans is good.
- Has Regegade Hood, grill and light bar installed
- Set of 5 TJ Rubicon Moab wheels
- Frankenlift in the front - Bilstein, OME 927 Springs, Clevis spacer, 3/8 steel top plate spacer
- JBA Extended front control arms
- rear Skyjacker springs with spacers to level out with front lift
- Extended brake line bracket to not stretch rear brake line.
- front bumper lower is trimmed as seen in pics
- rear hitch installed, with 4 way flat wiring
- The very first, original LTT cold air intake installed. Still 100% functional.
- LTT trans diptick adapter with dipstick installed (2007 deleted the dipstick from the factory)
- washer Reservoir relocated with to allow for 265/75-16 tires to not rub OEM washer tank.
-interior is average, no rips, but seats could use a good cleaning.
170-ish k-miles on the Jeep.

So who wants it? @tommud need another one? Great project Jeep. Great candidate for an SFA and LS Swap, or just throw another 3.7 in it and go. Has lived its whole life in the DFW area, so it is a rust free body and chassis.

Title is a salvage title. My son rear-ended someone a couple years ago, and the impact cut the main wire harness across the front behind the bumper. Insurance was going to require a complete new harness, so that totalled it out. "Frame" is straight, wires were repaired, and it's been on the road ever since.

So, I'm thinking $1200 is a good price, just for the lift, UCAs, Moabs, and Renegade conversion parts. Sold as a complete vehicle, not parting out. Grab a Uhaul flatbed trader for $20 and come and get it. Located in beautiful Van Alstyne, TX 75495.

Album of lots of pics here:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• 20211030_164002~2.jpg
    20211030_164002~2.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 13

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So sad
Man if there was anyway I could get it to OHIO ( cheap LOL ) I would get it in a heartbeat
Have been looking for a good 2 wheel drive for years now
and I know this one well :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have figured every way possible to come and get your KJ
Would love it have it , nice rust free model
But cost is too much in the end to get it here : (

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll drive you down there, Tom. We can split the gas. Then you can tell me all the stuff I need to do to my Jeep along the way and I'll come down some weekend and get it all done. You can sit in a lawn chair and holler at me while I do it.

(I am not kidding - this is a serious offer.)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now,............................................
would I ever be happy with a darn flat hood
and
profdlp, you're making it awful hard LOL
back to looking at uhaul trucks, trailers
Maybe I can get a load of furniture or some Harleys someone wants hauled back to help pay for fuel

quote ; And your choice of Steak, BBQ or REAL Mexican food! unquote

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

10' Truck:$915.00Auto Transport:$226.00Subtotal:$1141.00

darn

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trailer is not a bad price for what you get. Now to borrow a buddy’s full size pickup to pull it with.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trailer is not a bad price for what you get. Now to borrow a buddy’s full size pickup to pull it with.
Technically, a KJ or a KK could tow that car hauler trailer, with my KJ loaded on it. Especially if you have already swapped to 4.10 gears.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh...
low low LOW probablity... but I wonder if Dr. Mudd has a front and rear 4.10 geared diff set from an 06 (need 4-wheel abs), possibly with DTTs already in them :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
heh...
low low LOW probablity... but I wonder if Dr. Mudd has a front and rear 4.10 geared diff set from an 06 (need 4-wheel abs), possibly with DTTs already in them :D
Sadly no 06-07 diffs with 4.10s sitting in the shop

Latest posts