Autel MaxiTrip™ TP100 4-in-1 Auto Computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT use a Scangauge II on a CRD - unless you want to end up rebuilding your ******!!!

I tried using one on a trip between NC and TX 3 or 4 years ago. Five or six times during that trip, I'd be cruising along at 70 mph, and all of a sudden there would be a huge WHAMMM that shook the whole vehicle and the ****** would just drop into neutral, then after a few seconds it would shift itself back up thru the gears until engine speed and road speed were matched again.

Needless to say, I had to launder quite a few sets of underpants that trip.

When I had my ****** guy hook up his high-end code scanner to the beast, he found some hidden trouble codes in the TCM, saying basically that the TCM had lost it's data signal, and rebooted itself and the ****** at 70 mph multiple times.

Turns out the Scangauge was partly to blame, also the odd way DC had the ECM and TCM taking turns sharing the same data bus, such that the Scangauge was putting out enough noise on the bus to cause the TCM to lose signal when it was it's turn to play.

I disconnected the Scangauge and put it away in a closet, and the problem never reoccurred. But it had already damaged my torque converter enough it had to be replaced a few thousand miles later.:favorites68:

Members online

No members online now.