I HATE the Liberty!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
The solution for rust is to do antirust treatments every year...
What do you have done to it for that?

For the record, the worst rust I ever had was in Florida. I was in the Navy and parked my old Buick on the wharf right on the Gulf of Mexico in Pensacola. Talk about salt... :Violin:

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up here we have shops that specialize in rust proofing. That's all they do year round... it's basically oil that is sprayed anywhere water can get. They drill holes, fill em up, and plug em up afterwards. It's not really just oil, it's a thick goop that does not drip and you basically do touch-ups every year. Washing off the crud and keeping it dry helps as well... some say parking in the garage in winter is actually worse because it gets hot and cold, and sits in the damp where the cold is dry...

Larmar

Reaction score
I agree POS.
The last Chrysler product I owned was new in 1976.
I swore I would never own another Chrysler product. Bought the liberty last year and all the nightmares about Chrysler electrical problems returned.
I would have thought that Chrysler would have hired a Design team that could work with Engineering. NOPE!

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree POS.
The last Chrysler product I owned was new in 1976.
I swore I would never own another Chrysler product. Bought the liberty last year and all the nightmares about Chrysler electrical problems returned.
I would have thought that Chrysler would have hired a Design team that could work with Engineering. NOPE!

You joined the forum just to tell us this?

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so there i was....thinking that ford took care of the problem with their cars catching on fire.. the last ford i had was a pinto that i got rearened in and it caught fire...then i bought an f150....****** caught on fire...so i guess i will go back to ******** about gm and every other company that builds vehicles.

for f's sake every vehicle now a days has issues, if you find one that doesnt break down or have problems let me know.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...cars catching on fire.. the last ford i had was a pinto that i got rearened in and it caught fire...then i bought an f150....****** caught on fire...

You may want to consider not driving around with open containers of gasoline in the car while smoking. :)

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my alternator on my Pontiac Grand Am catch fire once. Was stupid to replace too.

Must have been a 2.2 those sucked. 3.4 wasn't that bad.

You may want to consider not driving around with open containers of gasoline in the car while smoking. :)

Well here in the boondocks it's a requirement haha
But really I know a guy who had a brand new 2011 f150 an it caught on fire on him, he chalked it up to just getting a bad truck and moved on.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have been a 2.2 those sucked. 3.4 wasn't that bad.

IIRC, the 3.4 DOHC in the Grand Prix was a ******. Had to pull an axle or some stupid thing like that... buddy at work had one way back.

Anyone who thinks the Chrysler of 10 years ago or today has anything to do with Chrysler corp from 1976 has no idea what they're babbling on about. The designers, engineers, electricians and board members from 1976 are all likely DEAD now, or close to it. Dang company has been bought and sold, models replaced, platforms imported and changed so much, nevermind the fact that the actual method of building a vehicle and the technology that MUST be involved is light years ahead of 1976.

As much as I tend not to believe in it, some things are just coincidence.

Here's an idea, anyone who has a forum login account for this site that hates their KJ/KK and only wants to complain and whine like a little child should SELL THE G-D THING AND BUY WHAT YOU REALLY WANT, THEN DELETE YOUR LOGIN ACCOUNT FOR Jeep Liberty Forums / Jeep KJ Forums / JeepKJ.com / Jeep KJ Country.

This type of talk and this thread are useless and add nothing to the body of knowledge or the camaraderie we as mutual owners tend to enjoy.

If you WANT to like your Liberty/Cherokee, but are having problems and would like help, that is one thing; to create an account and post just as a *****-fest needs to stop.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But.... but... where is the bacon? There was talks of bacon and jeeps. I like my jeep liberty and I like bacon too.

Wait so mechanical things break??? I mean in all my years of working in cars and working with automated conveyor equipment I have always just replaced things cause I was bored and it seemed super fun. Never once has anything ever broken, not never! You should ask all my friends here in fantasy land, they will agree too!

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the person didn't even try to like it. Get something else. I don't like my parents Honda civic & odyssey. I don't go over to Honda forum and complain.

One time i was very close to disliking mine when i had 32" tires with stock gears and no transmission flush over 100k miles clogged up like crap. So i spent $600 parts, $750 labor, and another $300 on flush. I just spent another $300 on tune up.

Why? Because I like mine.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait so mechanical things break??? I mean in all my years of working in cars and working with automated conveyor equipment I have always just replaced things cause I was bored and it seemed super fun. Never once has anything ever broken, not never! You should ask all my friends here in fantasy land, they will agree too!

Agreed...and besides...my OCD would NEVER let me live in a world where things break.

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so there i was....thinking that ford took care of the problem with their cars catching on fire.. the last ford i had was a pinto that i got rearened in and it caught fire...then i bought an f150....****** caught on fire...so i guess i will go back to ******** about gm and every other company that builds vehicles.

for f's sake every vehicle now a days has issues, if you find one that doesnt break down or have problems let me know.

You know we had a Ford sedan...forget the name it was the one before the Taurus came out I think. Anyways my mom was driving it and parked it at our house and it caught on fire right in the driveway. Of course it had just been worked on, and of course the shop that worked on it swore they didn't do anything that would cause it to catch on fire but we literally had it an hour after picking it up and it burned to the ground seconds after parking it.

Edit: Oh it was a Ford Tempo...

Last edited:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the person didn't even try to like it. Get something else. I don't like my parents Honda civic & odyssey. I don't go over to Honda forum and complain.

One time i was very close to disliking mine when i had 32" tires with stock gears and no transmission flush over 100k miles clogged up like crap. So i spent $600 parts, $750 labor, and another $300 on flush. I just spent another $300 on tune up.

Why? Because I like mine.

In about a year I ended up spending around $10K on my Renegade. It needed work and I liked the machine. My wife jokes that I secretly like when there is work to be done so I can work on it.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like complaining about your job you chose it . If you dont like it change it or in this case sell it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk