New '03 Sport 3.7L Owner with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, a little update

I end up choosing the BFGoodrich A/T KO2 as I was able to find a great deal on 'em going through my employer's account (we have a truck fleet) and they were only able to get the Grabber AT2 and the BFG's so I went with the BFG as the price was close with the Grabber and did not like the Grabber's review I read here and the fact my dad's seems like they're melting at sunlight :shrug:

I also ordered the Android headunit I was lookin at since the seller replied to my message with the depth and it's 150mm depth (just under 6.5") and an ELM327 v.2.1 ODB-II Bluetooth device that I'm planning to use with Torque or similar Android software :emotions34::hmm:

I finally set my choice on the Metra dash trim which I ordered at Crutchfield, along with the harness and antenna wires. As my future headunit is offering back USB ports only, I also ordered a dual flushmount USB ports that I will as neatly as possible install at the opposite side of the cigarette 12v connector. Should look almost factory in the end.

I'll also need a CB radio next Spring/Summer since wood log trucks will start working again and it's then advise to call the kilometers so I ordered a Cobra 19DXIV which was the smallest unit I could find (1.75"x4") and this will be connected through the fuse box as I do not want it to interfere with headunit radio ;)

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received the Metra and harness/antenna wires, color of the Metra seems to match factory.

Can't wait to receive the HU :) !!