Autel MaxiTrip™ TP100 4-in-1 Auto Computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone is familiar with this, it looks like it does a lot of the same stuff as the ScanGuage II. Nice looking unit too!

You must be registered for see images

http://www.auteltech.com/4in1.htm

It is on sale for about $80 CDN up here at Princess Auto... seriously thinking of picking one up unless anyone has anything negative to say.

Thanks,

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hmmm .. half price is nice! If you take the leap be sure to file a report :D

I would like something like that, easier than finding the right (censored) EVIC

Cheers Bud,

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice !!!

Very nice, small foot print, and rounded top to edge STYLING!
Does 90 percent of the more expensive Scanguage II.
Only OTIS/ Evic's able to read out side temps and tire monitor?
Thanks for the link!:):)

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought One !

Just got back from Princess Auto In Langley B.C.
I now own one at $88 Tax incl.:)
First impressions out of the box ..nice, compact and comes with upgradeable software probably though mini usb.nana.gif
I asked it was self battery powered, but it looks like it powers itself though the OBD II connector.
Will know more as I sit with included book, and eventually hook it up to Kj.
I guess this being portable between vehicles will be handy. It does not have a mounting bracket, so double sided tape probably for temp mount. It does have a rear and side connector, made to sit at drivers side with cable coming out right side, which is good. Having the wire then down into the OBDII port under steering wheel, will see how that goes...Later then..more update Sat/Sun=D>

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, no fair! ;)

I almost stopped tonight but didn't quite have time, I'm hoping to get there tomorrow. I did do some reading on the web - there is a pretty long thread on a forum, here:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/maxitrip-100-a-9377.html

Sounds like it's quite similar functionally to the ScanGauge II, although some have questioned it's reliability, and have had issues with it being flaky in high temperatures. We northerners won't know about that for a while!

I plan to try one anyways, can always return it if it comes to it.

Oh, and I have a transponder for Hwy 407 out here, a toll highway - it comes with some heavy-duty plastic velcro type stuff which might be a good choice for temp mounting, especially if switching between vehicles!

LibertyTC, keep us posted!

Dave

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Scangauge II and it cost twice as much.

Anyway, that one seems VERY similar and I am interested in how it works out.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
In the box discovered the cable also for the USB.
Quick read through manual sounds like it is backlit and also powered solely by the OBDII connector. 5.51 inches long and 1.72 inches tall. Dont leave it in Jeep if it's freezing,Operating temp is 0 to 60C (32F to 140F) Storage temp is -20 C to +70 C
It does have black box type recordings of max speed and time overspeeds, hard acceleration and hard braking etc as well!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the box discovered the cable also for the USB.
Quick read through manual sounds like it is backlit and also powered solely by the OBDII connector. 5.51 inches long and 1.72 inches tall. Dont leave it in Jeep if it's freezing,Operating temp is 0 to 60C (32F to 140F) Storage temp is -20 C to +70 C
It does have black box type recordings of max speed and time overspeeds, hard acceleration and hard braking etc as well!

My Scangauge stays in the jeep all the time and it has been below 0 here a few times with no drama for whatever that is worth.

I like the usb cable idea if it would download all data over a trip or something......

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've read the USB is only for software updates to the unit.

One person in my reading reported issues getting warranty satisfaction from the company when his unit died after 2 months.

On a side-note, anyone with an I-Phone or I-Pod Touch might be interested in this, looks cool...

You must be registered for see images

http://devtoaster.com/products/rev/index.html

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Should I take a trip to Princess Auto as well? :p

Hold on, wait a minute... does that have the capability of outdated US measurements?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
First impression hooked up and working..

Ok so I hooked it up into OBDII port after starting KJ, and it took a few seconds then display came on, nice contrast and well lit but not overly bright, kinda soothing to look at....here is first impression working..
You have to go though a set up menu for-gas-then-English (meaning Imperial) why they did not use the word Imperial? / then I selected Metric, set in your engine to 3.7 and then came the part of metric..how many litres is 19.5 US gallon tank?
Ah was not prepared to answer that so I guessed at 80...It is actually rounded at 74 Litres, so will have to re-program in 74 next time. The rpm registered correctly, I was pleased so far with this unit, what happens when u turn the kj off, it stays on for about 15 seconds then it turns off. When restarted, you come back to the main munu, which is easy to get back to gauges etc, it seemed to remember my last settings once there, but did not have it off long enough to really see what it does as far as memory to last settings. It does have flash memory for recording etc. Mounting, said on package should have some with a sticky but not incl in box. The only real place to mount it that is out of the way and on a level horizontal surface would be in front of the top heater vents just back from the main windshield. Wonder if heat would cause problems mounted there though. Going to be trial and error on this I think. Overall for $80 bucks it works, can be set to read gobs of data and having a code clearer, and scanner is a bonus, as you can move this around between vehicles...more later then....:)

Last edited:

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update LibertyTC! One of the complaints I read about was that the "Driving Distance" reading was way off for some people, as much as 30% - I'm curious to see your results in that department.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I take a trip to Princess Auto as well? :p

Hold on, wait a minute... does that have the capability of outdated US measurements?

Hey Marlon - if you mean does it work with miles, gallons, MPG etc, yes I believe it is switchable between metric and imperial/US units.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update LibertyTC! One of the complaints I read about was that the "Driving Distance" reading was way off for some people, as much as 30% - I'm curious to see your results in that department.
Also on that site with reviews it mentioned a correction factor 1.32 i believe.
I think that there will be a way if it is out a bit, as far as distance goes, that you can get the corrections input to the unit.
It does have English setting which is US gallons I believe, and has Metric which is Litres.
It only saves 24 hours of trip data and 300 hours in black box, so if you want to check up how the kj is being driven by someone else you can.
It does take a bit of inputting for mileage and after each fill you must tell it you filled up and how much fuel was taking on according to the pump. That will eventually get those numbers pretty much dead on I am sure.
I am not going to get the moving data for a while yet as Kj is in storage mode for a few more weeks.
Overall so far for the price this unit dispaly is good and I feel over time, once the learning curve is done, and the settings / the data input, this is a sweet deal. I personally am not that worried about distance and trips as much as I wanted to see the extra gauges, oh it did read 14.7 charge volts. Too bad no oil pressure ..that I can see so far.
When I did initially started the unit it stated software "Version 1.1"
They included a small disc and a usb cable wonder what version is on the disc...hmm..no info in manual about disc or upgrading firmware or software. I have to guess here.. I just take down the notebook get the notebook running with disc in it /find location of disc info, plug in usb/ then get the OBDII unit running, and hope for an automatic prompt on the AUtel OBD screen?? will see..

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Aww, no oil pressure? :( Does the ScanGauge II measure oil pressure?

And yes that's what I meant by "Outdated US Measurements" :p

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww, no oil pressure? :( Does the ScanGauge II measure oil pressure?

And yes that's what I meant by "Outdated US Measurements" :p

No, mine doesn't anyway.

Oil pressure and ****** temp would be awesome. But I think the pcm would have to support it ...or something....for it to happen. Not sure.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So I guess most of us Canuks here bought one of those Eh?

These are the four gauges that it will monitor.

KPH (MPH): Vehicle speed
CWT (FWT): Engine coolant temperature
RPM: Engine RPM
CIA (FIA): Intake air temperature
MAP: Intake manifol absolute pressure
LOD: Calculated LOD Value
TPS: Absolute Throttle Position
FPR: Fuel Rail pressure
IGN: Ignition timing spark for #1 cyclinder
VLT: Voltage of battery
LP: Fuel system 1 status

So no temperature readout for transmission, engine oil,
and no oil pressure!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess most of us Canuks here bought one of those Eh?

These are the four gauges that it will monitor.

KPH (MPH): Vehicle speed
CWT (FWT): Engine coolant temperature
RPM: Engine RPM
CIA (FIA): Intake air temperature
MAP: Intake manifol absolute pressure
LOD: Calculated LOD Value
TPS: Absolute Throttle Position
FPR: Fuel Rail pressure
IGN: Ignition timing spark for #1 cyclinder
VLT: Voltage of battery
LP: Fuel system 1 status

So no temperature readout for transmission, engine oil,
and no oil pressure!

You got one too Ryan? Also I think Marlon is going across the river for one too.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online