Your audio setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even I got a few boom boom on my stereo. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can control the level of bass my sub produces at my amp. When I first got the amp/sub, my brother made fun of my setup b/c it kept cutting out. I had JUST gotten it hooked up and I hadn't had time to adjust it at the amp before he came out and put one of his cd's in there to try it out. After I got it all adjusted it was fine.

I also didnt want a HUGE system. I just wanted something that would give me some bass.. I have some potential though if I really want some bass. All Ive got to do is open my console and turn a knob to turn the bass on up.. :D

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what we did with his Tacoma and with mine too. I love those little knobs. he HU has a sub level control too, but it's easier with that knob. The system in that Tacoma was CHEAP too, I bought the box for him brand new for $35, the subs were $60 each at Wal-Mart, $200 for the amp, and $150 for the HU with adapter and harness from Crutchfield. So all together about $500.....right where you wanna be Marlon!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
We'll see what happens. I'll start ordering stuff as soon as this next check comes in. :)

I don't use credit anymore. If I don't have cash, I don't buy!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll see what happens. I'll start ordering stuff as soon as this next check comes in. :)

My crystal ball shows me this:
Marlon in couple of months once he starts modding the sound system:

You must be registered for see images

LINK

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty good! It's really not necessary to replace the stock speakers, they don't sound too bad. That's why I kinda wanna put factory back in mine and sell my Infinity's....but they're already installed so I guess I'll just keep em. That does sound really good though.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, just need a subwoofer. Kenwood did really good with the on-board sound options. Even bass is much better now. High volume is much clearer with this HU on same speakers.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Someone find me a head unit with the following:

Ability to plug in an iPod with an Aux cable
Whatever else I need to plug in the subwoofer(s?)

How about we just start there? :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon, just about any new HU will give you this option. Since i have kenwood, I can gladly recommend the newer Kenwood HUs with better button layout, more options, and USB, HD Radio, AUX, CD Changer, Sirius/XM input capabilities.

Check out my topic somewhere in Electronics "choosing a stereo".

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way to beat you guys is to get a 5 piece band to ride around in your back seat...

Dave

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone find me a head unit with the following:

Ability to plug in an iPod with an Aux cable
Whatever else I need to plug in the subwoofer(s?)

How about we just start there? :D

Yeah, like Hyedipin said, there are many new HU's that come with either a USB input or a "headphone style" plug in the faceplate. Mostly Pioneer and Sony have the "headphone style" plug, but there are others too. And almost ANY new HU will come with preamp outputs on the back for plugging in the RCA's that go to the amp.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well I don't like Alpine so that makes things so much easier, right? :D

What I'm looking is the "headphone style" AUX Input for my iPod.