Your audio setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, all these people with nice audio setups are making me extremely jealous here. Before I didn't care... now I do.

Post yours so I can drool. Pics too, if you can.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got nothing fancy just replaced door speakers with 2-way 6 1/2" lighting audio speakers,2-10" EarthQuake "Depth Charge" subs and a 750watt Lighting audio mono amp.Still running the factory deck since it still works good.Just wanted a little more bass to the already okay factory system.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock non-infinity speakers with RAH code cd/mp3 player

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldn't this topic be in Electronics section.
Got me self a Kenwood KDC-X590 with 2GB USB stick.
Stock speaker setup.

deja vu

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all stock in my renegade, but when I had my civic

2-15" Volfenhag subwoofers powered by a 1500 wt 4 channel amp

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got siruis satilitte radio with a kenwood 100 watt head and pinoeer 6 1/2's in the doors. Thinking about getting a small sub for some more boom but i haven't found one I like.

Anyone have a fav that fits under the rear seat?? I need all of my cargo room for tools and gear.

I don't have the organized tool crazies like tjkj2002!

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26907

Man that setup is tight!!

Got me drooling just lookin' at it but then my wallet started burning my butt and I calmed down. Plus I wouldn't have anywhere to put my kayaking equipment.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone has seem mine.. Ive not changed anything for some time..

Pioneer headunit. MTX speakers in the rear doors.. MTX 7500 12in sub in sledge hammer box with 400watt MTX amp.. Also have a cap for the amp although im not sure what size.

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a nice MOPAR Maximum Output Power Audio Reciver !!!!!

ok it's stock:(

but thanks to the help of modern Technology { and 2 cigarette lighter ports } i can plug up my 40gig creative zen and have 2300 songs at my finger tips !!!

(woot)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to make one of these systems for around $500? I have already started to save $$$.

I paid $500 for the MTX sub in the sledge hammer box and a 400watt refurbished MTX amp. If you dont want ALOT of bass, you can get setups for way under $500 if you shop around. You can start off by looking around on crutch field at the setups they have. I got mine from a local stereo shop.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to change your door speakers, the factory ones aren't bad (non-infinity ones). That'll save you about $150-$200. Here's what I've got invested in mine:

Alpine HU: $150
Infinity door speakers (F&R): $160
Infinity Basslink: $300

So, if you just get a decent headunit for about $150-$200, and something like a Basslink for around $300 then you're right where you wanna be.
Tip: You may already know this, but if you order from Crutchfield you'll get the wiring harness, antenna adapter, dash kit, shipping, and detailed instructions on how to install everything for FREE! That's about $50 worth of free stuff.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yes I want bass and lots of it. :) I previously had an Alpine HU and I didn't really like it. Good sound even from stock speakers, but the HU buttons / UI sucked.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other good brands than Alpine, I like the sound of mine just wish it had more power (16w rms per channel). If you want lots of bass, the basslink may be enough for you depending on what type of music you listen to. If you listen to certain kinds of rap that are meant to sound good on 2 15's, then the basslink might not be enough. I listen to all kinds of music....rock, rap, country, techno, jazz, literally ALL kinds and it fits my needs. If you mostly listen to rap, I'll go ahead and tell ya that it doesn't "hit" as hard as something like a good 12" sub or 2 10's, but it is real "boomy", which is good enough for me.

I'm actually toying with the idea of putting factory speakers back in mine. I wonder what the difference would be? My Infinity's are really good, but I never listened to it with the factory's in there....only problem is, I threw mine away when I got my new speakers. :mad:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Mostly listen to rap? Yuck. You haven't seen my iTunes Library. There's a little something of everything (ok well maybe not EVERYTHING) in there except country. I hate country. I wish it didn't exist.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then the Basslink would probably be perfect. I sound like I work for Infinity don't I? It's just the best for the money is all, built in 200 watt rms amp, a powered 10" speaker, and a non-powered 10" speaker, all in one little cabinet, and you don't have to have an aftermarket HU...you can hook it up with the speaker level inputs. :D