Your audio setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not talking about that. I did not have to cut anything either. That's why I got the harness. If you wanna sell it you will have to cut the cable since you cannot de-solder. If you sell it you wanna keep the harness. But of course if you dont care, you can shorten the cables (harness and adaptor harness both have pretty long cables!!!! ) you will be supprised how quickly you run outta space in there! :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
HEY I just remembered, I had my friend code, why didn't you say you were gonna buy.. $20 down the drain now... phew.

JMLoughrey

Reaction score
crimp caps in car audio are by far the worst thing to come to it. Falling just short of newer jensen car audio products.

Daily i see about 5 cars that have used crimp caps and the radio doesnt work. Wire management with crimp caps is nearly impossible, not to mention it really dont make all that great of connection.

Take the time to properly cut and splice, or just go to circuit city and buy the "smart harnesses" that require no cutting or anything.

*shameless plug for circuit city as that is where i work as an installer*

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, it's in and I followed the instructions but my Left front speaker isn't... working at all. When I plug the factory stereo in, it works. I'm not sure what's going on. I cut and resoldered the negative wire, since it looked like I screwed it up. I'll have to do the other (positive) tomorrow as I don't feel like tearing it apart anymore.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to cry.

Sounds great otherwise. I can't turn it up to full volume, it's too loud now with all the increased power. :)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it could be the little connector inside the adapter plug. one of the ones for that channel might not be connecting. that could be why it works with the factory because it's not going through that adapter plug

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this is why you use crimp caps. :(
Just call crutchfield, they will help you and walk through step by step to make sure you got the colorcoded cables correctly.

While you may be right that caps don't work good, I had no problem with mine. Was installed Thanksgiving of 06 and no problems til now, other than poor AM reception due to the weird placement of antenna adaptor..

Marlon, you don't have infinity speakers, right? If so it could be the amps?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I got the color coded cables correctly. If there's something I do NOT screw up, it's colors....

The only thing I can say is that THEY screwed up the color coded cables. :) Swapping positive with negative on the adapter.

Demasrv

Reaction score
I just put a line in port into my factory stereo, ran the wire so that it comes out of the middle storage area. There is a lot of rattle with some of the bass coming from my driver side door and sometimes the right front passenger door speakers... it gets really annoying sometimes, does anyone know of a way to fix this? It isnt a blown speaker...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Geez..

I'm outside in the Jeep, I tweaked some settings, the headunit alone makes the rear two speakers into some darn good subwoofers. I think all I need is one sub.... may not even need that one, hehe.

This ugly green backlighting *****, but the nice blue screen and knob sort of make up for it. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used gum to splice all my wires together.. :)

picking noses, gummy harneses, what's next?
DUST ON YOUR PAINT!!!?? It is the end of the world...

I just put a line in port into my factory stereo, ran the wire so that it comes out of the middle storage area. There is a lot of rattle with some of the bass coming from my driver side door and sometimes the right front passenger door speakers... it gets really annoying sometimes, does anyone know of a way to fix this? It isnt a blown speaker...

Demasrv, your solution is a simple one.. I also ran TWO sets of long cables, and additonal USB cable in the glovebox. Just put a towel around the cables, or use something to wrap the cables. or go DYNAMAT/

Marlon, I hate pioneer's backlit! way too bright. Fortunately, it can be turned off (high contrast) in the settings, and convert all lit to unlit, and unlit to lit.. :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
picking noses, gummy harneses, what's next?
DUST ON YOUR PAINT!!!?? It is the end of the world...

The day Blake gets dust on his Jeep is the day the entire universe comes to a screeching halt. :D

Just messin with ya buddy! ;)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Job! :) Post some pix.