What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you take care of that and keep it looking awesome?

Friend had his done about 8-10 years ago on his KJ and still looks that good. Of course he also got the extra UV protection but its held up great, just regular washing

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife wrecked it but all is good she and my son are fine along with the people she hit jus I wouldn't suggest parking your kj in a camery

Last edited by a moderator:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
After the driver's side steering rack bushing replaced, finally got the alignment done today.
I requested to get the steering wheel correct and for the lifted KJ, set caster at 2.5-3.0 degrees.
:Whoa: he got both to 2.75, nice! Does it ever drive great now, beautiful on hwy & thru turns! :driver:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the blower resistor. Lifetime warranty too. Only had problems twice which was odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used Eastwood Fast-Etch on the bottom of the doors where some rust has started showing up - also on some of the bolts and screws on the doors that had gotten rusty.

The stuff is AMAZING! Just like the product description says it completely dissolved the rust and left a zinc coating over top. The bolts & screws look brand new; I put black Chassis Saver (similar to POR15) on the bottom of the doors. Really pleased with the outcome.

Kind of a bummer though... The nubs that hold the rubber guards along the bottom of the doors have broken off completely on the back doors and a couple of them have broken on the strips for the front doors.

I put the ones for the front doors back on but the rears are toast. I've never understood what those strips are for anyway - anyone else just left them off? The fronts are still available but the rears are discontinued. Your thoughts are welcome and appreciated ;)

Bob

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Tonight is the inaugural night that I camp out in the MK. I spent the day volunteering at a conference downtown Chicago all day today, and need to be set up and ready to photograph a triathlon in SE Wisconsin by 6:00 am tomorrow morning. Love the mobile hotel room.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonight is the inaugural night that I camp out in the MK. I spent the day volunteering at a conference downtown Chicago all day today, and need to be set up and ready to photograph a triathlon in SE Wisconsin by 6:00 am tomorrow morning. Love the mobile hotel room.

Shoulda given me a heads up i spent all morning downtown today.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disassembled the front suspension. Was able to drop it without removing the upper ball joint. I totally removed the clevis fork and was able to wiggle it out.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Disassembled the front suspension. Was able to drop it without removing the upper ball joint. I totally removed the clevis fork and was able to wiggle it out.

Can do it that way , but for the 2 minutes it takes to remove the UBJ its way worth it
NOW have you tried reinstalling everything with it attached ?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can do it that way , but for the 2 minutes it takes to remove the UBJ its way worth it
NOW have you tried reinstalling everything with it attached ?

No sir gonna have my father in law get the struts assembled at work then i will try getting it back together