What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife had the front seats redone as the leather on the driver side was pretty cracked/worn.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did plugs on the motorcycle today then ordered plugs for the jeep. Will be doing a full service soon it needs it!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No sir gonna have my father in law get the struts assembled at work then i will try getting it back together

May I suggest then that you remove the UBJ nut and be ready
just being nice and helpful
I remove the UBJ, tie rod end, brake caliper, sway bar link etc
for what time it takes me to remove them I'm ahead of anyone trying to fight their way installing them with things attached

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yes to what tom said , you will kick yourself when you attempt to install

and today i drove the KJ around on one of the hottest days of the year.... been thinking hood louvers dont seem like such a bad idea

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do tome thanks. When he has them assembled how far do the top hat style spacers go on the bilstein from shocks all the way down i would guess?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thoroughly cleaned the garage yesterday. move a bunch of stuff into the storage tent to maximize my space. It's time; new brakes, all new bushings up front, new inner and outer tie rods, clean and paint everything. Tired of staring at the pile of parts on the shelf, calling my name. Plus I'm done (ab)using it with the plow to push and pile mulch.

Also got the car back on the road about a week ago. A day with the 5# sledge, a piece of 2x2 iron stock, lots of aggression mitigation :D, and about 50' of welder wire and everything lined back up where it should. It looks like a 90 year old ****** under the fender, but with the fender and grille on you don't notice a thing... well other than the fact the fender and grille are red and the rest of the car is blue. :D for $45 for the fender though I'm not going to complain, since I got paid $2040 for the accident.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow very nice how much did that set you back

It was $800 total for both front seats and we're very happy with the results. A little pricey maybe but we got such a good deal on the Jeep that we still have a lot less in it than the others that we looked at (most of which weren't Limited editions and had cloth seats and steel wheels) and the seat wear was really the only thing "wrong" with it.

Wish I had taken a before picture!

Scott

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks top notch. Very classy just asking cause my limited has the same problem.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Shoulda given me a heads up i spent all morning downtown today.

Unless you wanted to join in the fun on the photography conference I was attending, there wasn't much downtime.

Do you live near downtown? I get down there every now and then... mainly go out to do a little street/architecture photo'ing.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled it in, jacked it up, pulled the wheels off, pulled the driver's side apart. Control arm is out. replaced the inner and outer tie rods. I don't have that magic clamping tool to reattach the the boot to the rack so i'll see if I can con the alignment shop into doing it for me. :D tried to remove the bushings myself... yea that's a total fail. I'll pull the passenger side apart tomorrow and take the control arms and my bushings over to a local shop and have them do the deed.

On a sad note... I ****** up something. I raised the front AND the rear of the jeep with the garage door open. I completely forgot, I hadn't cut the drop bar flush like I did on the old garage doors and openers. I shoved the the roof right into it pretty good, and not knowing I had it dragged about 5" along the roof before the opener decided there was "excess tension." didn't puncture the roof thank god, but it scraped it down to bare metal and it's creased pretty good. guess I'll be trying the ol' heat gun and ice cube trick. Also started researching DIY bed liners to do the roof with. thinking of going with something called U-POL RAPTOR.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks top notch. Very classy just asking cause my limited has the same problem.

Oh they did reuse the back section with the pocket but there was nothing wrong with that part. Everything else was replaced with leather.

Hopefully you can find a good place as well.

Scott

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you wanted to join in the fun on the photography conference I was attending, there wasn't much downtime.

Do you live near downtown? I get down there every now and then... mainly go out to do a little street/architecture photo'ing.

I live close enough but i work downtown everyday river north area. I do dable in photography but i dont have a built system just a fuji x30 is plenty for me to have fun.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned 179k today :party36:

Had the AC on all day. Ice cold immediately even though I seldom use it. Humid and 92F after work. Noticed a bit of a clunk upon AC clutch engagement but only at idle and not everytime. Hopefully it was normal or just my imagination. :favorites68: