What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touched up the JBA arms a little, getting ready to install new ball joints.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it home from CT to MD.

Generally went between 80-85 mph for the full trip, except for the 3-4 trips in town while up there. Got 19.0, 18.1 (the hilly + local trip leg) and 19.1 for the trip. Not bad for three people, crap for a weekend and a heavy foot.

The Libby really did like about 2500 RPM, which was about 80 mph. She came alive...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it home from CT to MD.

Generally went between 80-85 mph for the full trip, except for the 3-4 trips in town while up there. Got 19.0, 18.1 (the hilly + local trip leg) and 19.1 for the trip. Not bad for three people, crap for a weekend and a heavy foot.

The Libby really did like about 2500 RPM, which was about 80 mph. She came alive...

See , they like to be out there running with the big dogs better than lugging down all of the time
Mine run best at 75-80 and get the best mileage
55-65 no way :emotions34::gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See , they like to be out there running with the big dogs better than lugging down all of the time
Mine run best at 75-80 and get the best mileage
55-65 no way :emotions34::gr_grin:

I couldn't keep it at 55 even if I wanted to. The Libby hates 55 with a passion...and yes, 55-65 is lugging thr poor thing. 70 is okay, 75 is much better, 82 was about perfect :gr_grin:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added some effects lighting. Debating is i like it or not.

You must be registered for see images attach

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Splurged on some Weathertech floor mats... it's nice having the factory nearby.

I also sourced a new bit of memory foam for the back - I used to have some for the KJ - I had to cut it up to fit correctly, but it got old and wrecked over time and trips...
This new bit is much better quality, and I don't think I'll have to cut it to fit.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touched up the JBA arms a little, getting ready to install new ball joints.

What paint brand and color did you use? I'm planning on doing the exact same thing - after installing the JBA coilovers the red springs make the UCA's look awful. They need repainted badly :emotions34:

TIA...

Bob

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still needs washed and waxed but got her back from line-x today. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking to do fender flares, bottom pinch weld(i dont have rocker panels on) and arb bumper. That cost...well i better come up with a good excuse.

"Wow somebody scratched my door. Better get my fender and bumper linexed!!"

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking to do fender flares, bottom pinch weld(i dont have rocker panels on) and arb bumper. That cost...well i better come up with a good excuse.

"Wow somebody scratched my door. Better get my fender and bumper linexed!!"

Haha I'm gonna get my rockers done and my roof rails too. It would set it off really nice. And that chrome tip on my exhaust that I had welded on for my "flow master" knock off looks great and sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't keep it at 55 even if I wanted to. The Libby hates 55 with a passion...and yes, 55-65 is lugging thr poor thing. 70 is okay, 75 is much better, 82 was about perfect :gr_grin:

Mine gets "in the groove" at 76-78mph. Stays around 2500rpm and no drive-line vibration (I have it at 55-65) and the rear diff whine goes away. Drove it 4 hours each way on the highway like this a few weeks ago.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not terribly exciting but went to the local Pull-A-Part today. Had 6 KJ's in various stages of cannibalism...

Found a rear cargo cover (have wanted one for a while - don't know why...) and a connector for the electric radiator fan in perfect condition. Mine has a little bit of arcing evidence so for $2 what the heck :waytogo:

Bob

CodeWarrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used my good Jeep Liberty (2003) along with a chain and some bolts to yank the front passenger side inner body panel straight on my fix-em-up Liberty (2004). A previous owner says that they slid down into a ditch on wet grass trying to avoid an oncoming car on a one-lane road and slid into an electric pole.

With the body panel yanked (and then hammered) back to where it should be (I would say we are about 98% back to where it should be; mostly cosmetic differences now) the bumper, grill, passenger headlight, and windshield washer reservoir now fit more correctly in the right place. I am replacing the plastic assembly that holds the headlights with one taken from a 2005 Liberty. It mostly fits and just needs some drilling to make the bumper and front fascia fit onto it.

Imgur Album

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite the collection of KJ's you have there!

He needs a few more I think
At least one more lol
So far.........
My collection
02 Renegade (non runni g at the moment)
03 Sport my new DD
My original 04 Kilimanjaro
The 05 Limited that my step fathers driving now