What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
battery and battery tray have to come out. PDC has to be moved out of the way. I needed a deep well socket and 2 long extensions to get enough clearance to the front of the engine to swing the wratchet. bashed my knuckles on the water pump a couple times. that's for the rear bolt. the front bolt is a cake walk comparatively. This is also one of the reasons to get JBA arms; they have replaceable ball joints.

Much appreciated! Sounds like a plan. I figured some extensions would definitely be in order for that back one. I'm well stocked with those. Can't even see the darn thing under there. I did check them out but unfortunately the JBAs aren't in the budget right now. I've had good luck with Moog in the past on other vehicles.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated! Sounds like a plan. I figured some extensions would definitely be in order for that back one. I'm well stocked with those. Can't even see the darn thing under there. I did check them out but unfortunately the JBAs aren't in the budget right now. I've had good luck with Moog in the past on other vehicles.

my only advice... eat ramen noodles for a month and save for the upper arms. buy once, cry once (when installing!) :D

oh and one other thing... I could be wrong bit I think I had to unbolt the steering arm bearing that's in that area to gain clearance. also one or more of the hard brake lines had to be unclipped from their supports. you'll see when you get in there.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my only advice... eat ramen noodles for a month and save for the upper arms. buy once, cry once (when installing!) :D

oh and one other thing... I could be wrong bit I think I had to unbolt the steering arm bearing that's in that area to gain clearance. also one or more of the hard brake lines had to be unclipped from their supports. you'll see when you get in there.
I didn't need to unbolt anything or move anything other than the battery and battery holder.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
my only advice... Eat ramen noodles for a month and save for the upper arms. buy once, cry once (when installing!) :d

oh and one other thing... I could be wrong bit i think i had to unbolt the steering arm bearing that's in that area to gain clearance. Also one or more of the hard brake lines had to be unclipped from their supports. You'll see when you get in there.

...lol..................

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't need to unbolt anything or move anything other than the battery and battery holder.

I'm actually going to "practice" tomorrow and see what it takes to get to it. I've got a few sturdy swivels too and I'm not afraid to use them.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember having to move those couple things I mentioned. the hard lines come right down in front of the front nut for the control arm, and I didn't want to risk damaging them by impact from the socket or other tools in that area.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember having to move those couple things I mentioned. the hard lines come right down in front of the front nut for the control arm, and I didn't want to risk damaging them by impact from the socket or other tools in that area.

I'll find out tomorrow and post back. Not sure if there are subtle differences in the brake line routing since I have an 02 with ABS. Thanks again!

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed GPS antenna and updated the maps on the RB1.
Programmed two spare keys and remote entry fobs.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walked past it over to the Italian Fest to get hot sausage with peppers & onions and Peroni...and to see this beauty:

You must be registered for see images attach

Not Concours quality but it's obviously a driver - and I like that more. Sounded awesome pulling in.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How appropriate to have Ferraris at an Italian fest. What was the event? Looks interesting. I always hear about car shows in my area after the fact. I love to just walk around and drool. Used to go to Hershey every year with my Dad like 35 years ago. Almost drove up to Harrisburg this weekend for the Mecum auction.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And speaking of awesome and rare Classics, spotted this out on Amazon Deliveries today, right next door to a house I had to deliver to. My eyes about popped out of their sockets when I saw it. This is an are I carry the mail around constantly and is littered with a lot of Vintage Iron of all makes and models, this one I had never seen before til today.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Busy couple of days for me, new steering rack, new tie rod ends, new lower ball joints, new front wheel hubs (timken), did the rear diff fluid (new gears from nitro look good, truetrac is working nicely), and added an arb diff cover and lube locker gasket to the rear axle. Into the shop tomorrow for an alignment and ****** flush the time for the new pml trans pan and lube locker gasket.

And after about 65,000 miles it may be time for a new set of brake pads (adaptive ones from napa have been great so far)

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a new background for my Alpine(late last night)

Preparing to put the 927/948's in, along with new upper strut mounts, new strut isolators, and I'm replacing one of my Moog LBJ's that has a torn boot. Either today or tomorrow I'm doing a new radiator, water pump, t-stat, and timing cover gaskets. One day this week I plan on ripping off all the raggedy loom and wire covering and covering everything with techflex. I went ahead and bought a couple injector plugs that weren't looking so good so I plan to fix that, along with fixing the drivers rear uca mount where the caged nut busted loose (doesnt look very fun).

BTW I'll have some 926/947's cheap if anyone is interested. $120+shipping for front and rear.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Last edited: