What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grocery shopping, and I got it washed.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours have a temp gauge? How hot'd she get?

Bob

Temp gauge didn't start to actually rise until I got pulled into the parking stall at the apartment. That was it, I smelled coolant when I got off the interstate and rolled the windows down but traffic was backed, so I thought it was one of the cars around me, there was a Cherokee Sport which looked like it had seen better days mechanically. I kept looking around following my instincts and didn't see any antifreeze trails and no steam from under the hood. I got into the stall, smelled coolant, popped the hood to a lovely surprise. All the entire time I WATCHED the temp gauge and it never moved from its usual spot when the engine is at running temp. (Which is why I thought I couldn't have been leaking antifreeze or I made the over flow vomit a little when I had to double downshift thanks a stupid out of state woman who forced me to slam my brakes when I was trying to merge on to the interstate so I could get back up to road speed before I got ran over.) I get back in and started to watch the temp gauge move then after all this time, it hit the ''halfway marker'' and I shut it off. Went back to the front of the Jeep, looked down in and watched coolant pour out from behind the water pump pulley. She held herself together long enough to make sure I got home. After that couldn't hold it anymore. First the A/C which of course I get notification after nearly a week from ordering, the parts are being shipped now this happens... I would do the pump myself but just no time at all, if I actually had tomorrow off like I thought I did I would have taken the wife to work, ran to the house picked up tools, snagged a pump at the parts store, coolant and do it myself. Save myself a huge chunk of change.

You must be registered for see images attach

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temp gauge didn't start to actually rise until I got pulled into the parking stall at the apartment. That was it, I smelled coolant when I got off the interstate and rolled the windows down but traffic was backed, so I thought it was one of the cars around me, there was a Cherokee Sport which looked like it had seen better days mechanically. I kept looking around following my instincts and didn't see any antifreeze trails and no steam from under the hood. I got into the stall, smelled coolant, popped the hood to a lovely surprise. All the entire time I WATCHED the temp gauge and it never moved from its usual spot when the engine is at running temp. (Which is why I thought I couldn't have been leaking antifreeze or I made the over flow vomit a little when I had to double downshift thanks a stupid out of state woman who forced me to slam my brakes when I was trying to merge on to the interstate so I could get back up to road speed before I got ran over.) I get back in and started to watch the temp gauge move then after all this time, it hit the ''halfway marker'' and I shut it off. Went back to the front of the Jeep, looked down in and watched coolant pour out from behind the water pump pulley. She held herself together long enough to make sure I got home. After that couldn't hold it anymore. First the A/C which of course I get notification after nearly a week from ordering, the parts are being shipped now this happens... I would do the pump myself but just no time at all, if I actually had tomorrow off like I thought I did I would have taken the wife to work, ran to the house picked up tools, snagged a pump at the parts store, coolant and do it myself. Save myself a huge chunk of change.

Is that a tear I see trickling down from that left-hand bug eye? :gr_grin:

Bob

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing major. Just checked the brakes and rotated the tires.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, its called my wife's dirty as hell windshield because she doesn't take care of her car unless I physically scream at her. And that is no laughing joke.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a piece of wood between body and spare tire bracket to space out spare tire from rear window. Works perfectly. I might have to loctite those nuts on bracket though.

Edit: photo included

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled the trailer with the lawnmower on it then washed both at the car wash

Should have gotten some pictures. That sounds great. Kill two birds with one stone. Just dont go killing a lion if your a dentist.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have gotten some pictures. That sounds great. Kill two birds with one stone. Just dont go killing a lion if your a dentist.

You're. :D

and the jury should still be out on the dentist thing, as all the facts aren't in. Was he duped? Was he shady as ****? Let's get all the facts before getting the pitchforks and torches. We're better than the low info voting crowd.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're. :D

and the jury should still be out on the dentist thing, as all the facts aren't in. Was he duped? Was he shady as ****? Let's get all the facts before getting the pitchforks and torches. We're better than the low info voting crowd.

I personally find it funny. People are dying everyday in chicago. People not animals. But a lion gets killed and this guys life goes down the drain. What about the hundreds of murders that go unsolved.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a meme for that someplace...

eta:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally find it funny. People are dying everyday in chicago. People not animals. But a lion gets killed and this guys life goes down the drain. What about the hundreds of murders that go unsolved.

Little difference
IMO I think he should be taken back, and then hunted down and killed
I'm sure another rich ******* somewhere would pay to hunt him down just like he did the Lion
Sorry but I'll stand up for the Lion more than that rich jerk

But then most have never had the opportunity to sit on top of a Land Rover and watch a Lion in its natural habitat
with so few left in the world and people making jokes:favorites68:

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little difference
I'm sure another rich ******* somewhere would pay to hunt him down just like he did the Lion

But then most have never had the opportunity to sit on top of a Land Rover and watch a Lion in its natural habitat

while you may find trophy hunting to be disgusting...rest assured knowing that people like that "rich jerk" do way more to help with conservation efforts than people who wish death on hunters. i am not a trophy hunter, but what people don't know is that usually tags for lions are auctioned off (usually for well over $250,000) and not only does that auction price go towards conservation efforts but the hunt itself is used to eliminate an invasive lion that is threatening a pride that is actively breeding or an older lion who is no longer breeding but still trying to kill other alphas and cubs. the invasive lion would kill all the cubs and the alpha and then try to mate with the lioness. in this instance, yes a lot of shady stuff seems to have gone down, (land owner was not permitted to sell a lion tag).

i always find it funny that people seem to care more about what social media tells them to then things that actually affect them.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cpl has a good point. this dentist/lion hunt was a major fsck up with i'm betting large corruption overtones. the vast majority of "hunts" in those nations are as cpl said legit and serve a greater purpose to keep the remainder of some threatened or endangered species heathly and thriving.

even in this country generic hunting licenses and bag fees contribute the majority of funds to conservation efforts.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
" what people don't know is that usually tags for lions are auctioned off (usually for well over $250,000) and not only does that auction price go towards conservation efforts but the hunt itself is used to eliminate an invasive lion that is threatening a pride "

I wonder how much of Tom's Land Rover excursion went to conservation? Probably about as much as the PETA type groups donate to wildlife.

Bob

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then there was my Great Uncle. Had the heart of a Lion.

>

><<
<<

<

And a lifetime bann from the Little Rock Zoo!:happy175:

Bo

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little difference

I never said he shouldn't be held responsible for his actions. He is already. I am saying social media is all over this everyday i have seen a story on this lion. I am in no way condoning what he did. I am not standing up for him he is a rich prick as you said. I just think if all the actual human deaths made the news like this lion. Something might actually get done. I have been in Chicago my whole life. I know people that have died in the violence. You never hear about it. You get to see what they want you to. One kid here a woman there. Not the dozens that die every week.

Latest posts

Members online