What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Big brown truck just stopped and made a delivery
Now I have to go to work
After installing a bunch of 5100s , a set is finally going on the rear of the 03 to replace the Bilstein adjustable ones ,
we'll see if my butt can tell the difference or not
I've ran Rancho RSX's, OME's , Monroe load levelers, Ironman , the Bilstein adjustable ones, on mine but never the 5100s

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it aligned.
need to get an idea on how to fix the rear thrust angle

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to help capture a fugitive.

Was driving home and on my backroad I see an f-250 partially off the road w/no lights. I bang a quick U, and light it up with my highs and my light bar and notice it hit a tree and the windows are fogged. I call local PD dispatch and try to see if there is anyone inside. I finally get to the drivers side through thorn bushes and there is no one. While waiting for the cops, a JCP&L(local power company with a depot on the same road) truck drives up, checks that the police were called, and then drives off, but turns around and comes back to let me know he sees someone in the bushes down by his depot driveway. I call dispatch back and let them know, and they send 6 cars, including K9, to find the guy. I guess he saw my lights and assumed I was the police, and since it's a straight road, my lights lit it up enough he didn't want to be seen, so he tried to hide.

You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Work ! You weren't going to let em escape Justice! You sure there was not a bag of cash inside the truck?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I could tell you some great stories about my trip to the title office and BMV, but it may not be in my best interests to do so. :cool:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to do rack bushings.
Is 274-9236 same as MOOG K7388?
From what I can see online ..the Moog K7388 looks same as the Napa 274-9236.
I have compared the dealer part to Napa's, & I could not tell the difference.
Moog site does mentionK7388 is the correct part for the KJ.
Moog calls it a steering gear mounting bushing.

BassMunn

Reaction score
Busy weekend so far, replaced faulty brake master cylinder, back brake pads and parking brake shoes and then did a full bleed on the system.
Replaced diff oils front and back, transfer case oil and then a filter and oil service on the ******, shifts so much nicer now. Based on the filter and oil I would say it has never been done in it's life.
And then did a coolant flush and refill.
Just the PCV valve left to change and then it's off to get some new springs and shocks to firm it up and get a bit of a lift.
The only other thing left to sort out is a small amount of rust occurring around my high level brake light, after that it's just the fun stuff :)

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered some Dorman upper A-arms, really wanted the JBA's but can't seem to come up with the funds. Something always seems to comes up.
Just had to pay $650 to have a dead pin oak dropped in my yard. Now I will be cleaning that up for the next week or two.

artfull dodger

Reaction score
Our local Jeep club lifting guru is going to do the lift on both Jeeps for us. Mine will get all new OME HD springs, OME struts and so forth. None of that Daystar garbage on my KJ. Hers has decent springs for now, so just lift spacers from Teraflex for now, new proper lift coils in the next couple years. She wants to see how well she can get in and out of her TJ with just a 2" lift for now. Just putting miles on mine right now, family Easter thing today. Happy Easter Mike and Michele T

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the jeep but...
wife's car got new:
lower control arms (4)
upper control arms (2)
trailing arms (2)
dropped the crossmember out and the mounting pockets for the trailing arms, cleaned them up and painted them.
basically the only thing I didn't replace were the struts... yet.
I'll give the hub a thorough cleaning and painting when I do the brakes near the end of the year.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy drove over an hour to come take a look at the Jeep and test drive it
Loved the way it looked and rode; will be picking it up early this next week
Farewell KJ!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered some Dorman upper A-arms, really wanted the JBA's but can't seem to come up with the funds. Something always seems to comes up.
Just had to pay $650 to have a dead pin oak dropped in my yard. Now I will be cleaning that up for the next week or two.
I took down a big blue spruce in front of my house a couple years ago. Advertised "free wood" on Craigslist, oi was gone on just a couple of hours.

artfull dodger

Reaction score
Need to do brakes on mine, trying to find someone in the local Jeep group to come help out. Have to replace both front calipers, rotors and pads all the way around. Tired of the peddle travel and warped front rotors, along with lack of stopping power. Parts on hand already. Mike the Aspie

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the tire pressure, all 4 at 48 psi? I inflated them to 35 psi back when it was below 0 to keep the TPMS light off

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds plausible, depending on the actual starting and current temperatures.
roughly 1 psi for every 10* temperature change, but that's more for localized temperature changes. you get into the 40 or 50+ temp change and the difference is larger.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday: swapped out driver's side front UBJ
Today: touched up rock rails and bedlined the winch mount, broke a winch bolt.

Latest posts

Members online