What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out why coolant was leaking past the gasket.
I have a few pin head size holes on the mating surface. Bad casting of engine block?
Hopefully, JB weld will work.
Waiting for it to fully cure then sanding it flat to the surface.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peeled off the dealership ''decal'' which was on the back, looked up as the lift gate was going up noticed it wasn't on there all the way one corner sticking up, when the gate was lowering I was able to peel it right off.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MOOG upper A-arms I ordered arrived today. One step closer to installing the lift and LBJ's sitting on the work bench.

I ordered the Moog RK3198 Control Arms and they do have a grease fitting.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what he hell happened to the DARK theme?!?!?!

Agreed.. I get light grey windows surrounding by black swaths of nothingness.. the forum layout looks like garbage from Geocities back in the 90s.

EDIT: The light theme is more preferred at this point.. at least it offers some semblance of unity throughout the webpage now and doesn't look "broken".

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent back my Moog RK3198 Control Arms. I don't think they were MOOG's. They were in MOOG boxes, but the control arms were slightly different than the description on the MOOG web sight.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh the online joys of ordering ..eek!
Hope you can get the right ones soon, check to make sure they are for KJ year/Liberty?? ..Good luck!

artfull dodger

Reaction score
Rotated the tires, gave it a full bath/interior clean up after a long winter. Now if we would stop having down weeks at work, I might be able to get it lifted yet this year(something I have to pay someone to do, its beyond my ablities). Mike

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires, gave it a full bath/interior clean up after a long winter. Now if we would stop having down weeks at work, I might be able to get it lifted yet this year(something I have to pay someone to do, its beyond my ablities). Mike
Installing the lift is pretty easy, I read a couple threads and watched a you tube video or two then did it. Wish you were closer, I'm about an hour west of Indy.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed replacement driver front ABS sensor. lights when off after I drove up and down the driveway a couple times.
reworked my USB charging cables for a cleaner look.
mount for the plow controller is un-gluing itself; will have to sort that out in a little while.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*censored*

didn't get 100' from the house when all the lights came back on.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to my mechanic for the stuff the quick oil place "found". Said my pan was a little rusty, but not enough for replacement. Also pulled the rear u joints and couldn't figure out why they said they were shot and might cause the rear drive shaft to fall out while driving.

Cost me $20. I feel like I owe him at least lunch.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*censored*

didn't get 100' from the house when all the lights came back on.

Check the wiring loom that's on the passenger side in the engine bay, I had an issue similar to that which of course set off the ABS and shut down my cruise driving down to Orlando. Come to find out the loom came undone from it's latch to keep it away from the engine, so it was getting hot and causing the everything to fail. I pulled over at a Gas Station because I needed fuel anyways popped the hood just out of a hunch and found the loom close to the engine and not where it should have been which was on the inner fender well. Problem solved after I did that.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look, but i'm pretty sure it's still related to the driver's side that I broke while doing the ball joints. I also noticed a lot of "stuff" that wasn't grease down the hole for the sender. I tried to clean it out the best I can, but i'm willing to bet it's got stuff stuck in the tone ring, which is messing up the signal. probably just going to replace the hub (which has a new sensor already attached) when I have to do the brakes in a couple months.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new wheel hubs and front brakes. Stops a whole lot better now. Have a good list of spring repairs to do. The salt was not kind to the ol' Jeep this winter.