What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone talking about radios etc and what they are doing to them, and here I am sitting here wondering even when mine was turned on last LOL
Think it may of been back in December or so , I know before Christmas sometime since they were still playing Christmas music

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

so the K6292 joints I just got appear to be different from the ones that were on my JBA arms. that boot will fall down and expose the joint as well. can I just add/find another washer to stick in there to hold the boot in place? or do I need another set of joints. the stem is all the way in the knuckle.

eta: also now i'm seeing there's a recall on the joints i'm removing/replacing?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

so the K6292 joints I just got appear to be different from the ones that were on my JBA arms. that boot will fall down and expose the joint as well. can I just add/find another washer to stick in there to hold the boot in place? or do I need another set of joints. the stem is all the way in the knuckle.

eta: also now i'm seeing there's a recall on the joints i'm removing/replacing?
Add more washers to hold the boot up

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just broke the driver's front wheel speed sensor.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rotated the tires on the wifes 02. Checked every thing on the suspension, first time since the lift was installed in January. Every thing still looks good.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard anything on them, I have the first set sent out ( pre-release ones ) of the rebuildables on the 03 and they are fine
I'll ask Marlin later today to see what was going on

appreciate it. if there is a recall/exchange, I'd like to get these sent in, since they're out of the jeep now. :D

passenger side came apart so much more quickly, due to my having done it once already on the driver's side. everything's back on except the brakes, which based on their condition will be due for replacement later this year.

eta: also remembered just as I was about to put it down, that the passenger front likes to randomly leak out to dead flat. finally looked the tire over and found a small piece of metal sticking in one tread block. so, off came the wheel and tossed it in the trunk of the hot rod. looks like i'm going to the tire shop, the range, then the tire shop again, in that order, tomorrow. :D

Last edited:

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best rule of thumb was that even though some horizontal cracking is ok, too many per inch of belt is not.. I was taught that more than 4 cracks per inch, replace it. Also consider it's age. I was still on my factory serp belt until about 2 years ago. Only changed it because I needed to bypass my ac compressor.

As for brands, well the Mopar belts and hoses are top quality. For retail stuff, Kelly, Gates, Goodyear, NAPA belts are good... just don't buy no-name or bottom of the price barrel and you should do ok.

Can't seem to find a mopar one at any of the spots I checked, but did find AC Delco at RockAuto. I found a NAPA one for ~$30 less than quoted on my estimate sheet, so I'll drive over when I get a chance and get one. Assuming it's like my Dodge, all I'll need is a socket wrench in the tensioner to change it.

Took it to my mechanic today, and I'll be damned if he didn't walk with me out to the parking lot and crawl underneath to take a look after I told him what the quick change place said. He warned me that if the pan is bad, it'll be a pain to replace it, but we made an appointment to put it on a lift and look at it and the Ujoints on the rear next week. Maybe all it needs is a brass brush and some rust reformer.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they could cheat a bit of the labor for the pan if they could lower the front K bolts and squeeze it out:in

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if they could cheat a bit of the labor for the pan if they could lower the front K bolts and squeeze it out:in
Same amount of work really, front diff is not that hard to drop out, in and out in a couple of hours or less if you do it yourself

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying a refurbished OEM radio with built in Aux Jack for the KJ which made things more easy.

Debatable depending on skill with a soldering iron. The mod took literally all of 15 mins to do. The pre-modded ones simply do what I did, but they did it for you.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
greased the joints. took wheel to shop. found that it was leaking at the rim. learned that if you leave the ignition in the ON position for 2 days it kills the battery. :D

randymorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my truck from the shop and spent way too much money. The other day I pulled out of a hardware store and heard a significant popping sound. On driving it to my mechanic it started grinding really bad as I pulled up to the shop. Turns out one of the caliper bolts on the drivers side came out completely while driving. Had them replace the front brakes and get a new bolt for the caliper. The bolts are now in with loctite. They also replaced the o-rings on my steering rack, apparently they got damaged on installation of the rack.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the link for the orange jeep that was for sale after it was totaled ?

I have a weird update