What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Secretly thats really what he stopped to see , the KJ just happened to be there
That is how I got my KJ. Stopped to look at a Chevy s10 blazer and saw the liberty. Chevy was rusting out and had wrong transfer case. KJ came home with me

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plow is fixed and on the jeep.
bring on the snow storms!!! :D

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plow is fixed and on the jeep.
bring on the snow storms!!! :D

Never had a plow on my KJ, but I absolutely LOVED driving it in the snow. The heater always kept me warm and toasty, the 4WD caused the snow to kick up around all 4 wheels showing the world I had 4WD, and other drivers were always jealous of me. :gr_grin:

The XK is equally as good in the snow - actually probably better thanks to the electronic lockers - but there is just something about a KJ in nasty weather. Know what I mean...?

Damn I miss the black beast :emotions34: :icon_sad:

Bob

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lowest mile pic I have of mine, June 2009.
You must be registered for see images attach

When I got it in January of 07 it had 37k on it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I took a pic last December when I got it with 42k.

Forgot about this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the earliest one I can find...

You must be registered for see images

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The secret is whispering sweet things to it as you and her are going down the road together. No sweet talking, she'll hate ya! You know, typical woman, they like those things

Dang I scream all sorts of colorful profanities,sometimes kick,and most definitely give some nasty looking stares till she starts acting right.

Mostly though a fresh tank of premium does the job.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been getting out much lately, so I drove to town to run a couple errands. I pulled up to a mailbox, flipped the switch to roll my window down so I could drop my Netflix envelope in and realized I hit the wrong switch. My rear, driverside window goes down. I immediately push the switch the other direction to roll it back up and... nothing. Well, some weird noise, but the window stayed down. Played with the switch and it makes a little noise, but the window sits stationary with a 2" gap at the top.

I drove to my mechanic to ask for help getting the window up - it was raining and I wasn't sure I would be able to do it myself. I did manage to lift the window to the top and it stayed there. Good thing; the shop closed early today.

Now I'm gonna try to find a thread here that tells me the best rear window regulators to get. I hate spending money to fix stuff. I'd rather spend it to make my KJ better than stock.

Muddedprairie

Reaction score
Well last week my alt took a shit found one out of a 03 Durango with a 4.7 in it for 20 buck's at a local junk yard... fast forward to this week.. ac compressor.. same thing.. same Durango.. I take the ac compresser I match it to mine.. the only difference was the back of it where the ac lines connect to it.. I pulled the back off stk compresser put it on Durango compresser.. charge system.. back in business..

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a 4wd now

2004 3.7 limited

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jim:
https://www.everydayautoparts.com/0...-rear-power-window-lift-regulator-repair-kits
https://www.everydayautoparts.com/0...t-and-rear-power-window-regulator-repair-kits

I bought the second kit (since i'm an 07) when I had a lift break on mine. Figured for the price I'll either have the parts needed when the rest break, or they never will since I now have the parts to fix it in stock. :D

You're PROBABLY the top link, but as they suggest it's always a good idea to visually inspect the window regulators first just to make sure.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been getting out much lately, so I drove to town to run a couple errands. I pulled up to a mailbox, flipped the switch to roll my window down so I could drop my Netflix envelope in and realized I hit the wrong switch. My rear, driverside window goes down. I immediately push the switch the other direction to roll it back up and... nothing. Well, some weird noise, but the window stayed down. Played with the switch and it makes a little noise, but the window sits stationary with a 2" gap at the top.

I drove to my mechanic to ask for help getting the window up - it was raining and I wasn't sure I would be able to do it myself. I did manage to lift the window to the top and it stayed there. Good thing; the shop closed early today.

Now I'm gonna try to find a thread here that tells me the best rear window regulators to get. I hate spending money to fix stuff. I'd rather spend it to make my KJ better than stock.
There's a part available on Amazon that replaces the plastic with metal. Did my front passenger window last winter, worked great. Looks same as above post links, don't remember price

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

One thing I read on here that was supposed to help is if you don't use the rear windows much, make it a point to roll them down once or twice a week, it seems like a lot of failures happen from lack of use.

I would much rather spend money on "fun" stuff...but it's enough of an effort to keep it at original running condition :gr_grin:
It looks like a 4wd now

2004 3.7 limited

Looks awesome!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I read on here that was supposed to help is if you don't use the rear windows much, make it a point to roll them down once or twice a week, it seems like a lot of failures happen from lack of use.
I also run mine up and down a few times a month.
I also at least monthly, clean the window channels and spray some silicone or other dry lube spray in there. My thinking, dust / dirt/ etc gets in there making the window not go up and down smoothly. Have never had one of mine go bad

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oil change time...
60576[/ATTACH]"]

Was below freezing, so charged the battery up for a few hours too.
60578[/ATTACH]"]

Battery really liked that! Quick key turn and instantly fired up! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• cOeFxc8.jpg
    cOeFxc8.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 0
  • IqunjBC.jpg
    IqunjBC.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driver's window is rocking out of position on the way up. betting that regulator is about to puke. good thing I have the parts! :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oil change time...
60598[/ATTACH]"]

Was below freezing, so charged the battery up for a few hours too.
60600[/ATTACH]"]

Battery really liked that! Quick key turn and instantly fired up! :gr_grin:

Double check down the center tube of that M1 filter to make sure all the louvers are opened up!

Attachments

• cOeFxc8.jpg
    cOeFxc8.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 0
  • IqunjBC.jpg
    IqunjBC.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. My KJ came with a pretty detailed folder of all the work the original owner did and none of it included window regulators. So, that link (the top one you posted) is what I will order.

There's a part available on Amazon that replaces the plastic with metal. Did my front passenger window last winter, worked great. Looks same as above post links, don't remember price
The part you are referring to is a hunert bucks. That's just for one window. It might be the best part available, but if my parts lasted 12 years and the new parts Sota linked me to only last half that, I'm still way ahead financially. Since I already got 1 foot in the grave, I think I'm making a wise decision.

Great tip, thank you.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Double check down the center tube of that M1 filter to make sure all the louvers are opened up!
Louvers..ah all I see inside is a heavy duty metal screen...
60602[/ATTACH]"]

Dang thing is built like a tank! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• 04VZXIV.jpg
    04VZXIV.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 0