What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My record is 8 states in 3 days. LOL It was when I moved up here. FL, GA, TN, KY, IN, IL, WI, MN (to go to the airport in Minneapolis) and then back to WI.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I get about 280-300 in town and on trips I can usually hit 310ish.
Ordered a new Mopar PS pump and a Dorman cooler/return line assembly. Maybe do it this weekend. Idk.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds just like my 02. My 05 is running about 320-330 per fill up with the slightly larger fuel tank and 60/40 city/highway.

Wow. I would be extremely happy to see my trip odo reach 300

I get about 280-300 in town and on trips I can usually hit 310ish.
Ordered a new Mopar PS pump and a Dorman cooler/return line assembly. Maybe do it this weekend. Idk.

Got you all beat..........................

I see on average 50 on my trip counter for half a tank,100% city driving at 6200'+.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn. so I guess seeing 370 and needing 19 to fill isn't doing too bad?

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha I would think so. When the light comes on - I fill up till the pump kicks off somewhere at 16.xx gallons.

I was looking forward to seeing what my ny-pa-oh trip would net me , but with a min speed limit of 70 and most doing 80-90, well I guess that's where I lost my efficiency.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after finding the hidden vin number under the rear passenger door step plate , I noticed 2 more things.
The 03 has no fabric on the door panels.
The 03 has orange defrost lines on the rear window.
The 02 rear window you can't see them. It's all black.
Just little things I've haven't noticed

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to the shop to do the rear control arms and front pinion seal. They just called me and said rockauto have sent me the wrong seal; they sent the rear seal not the front seal. I guess I should have triple checked that it fits. So now its gonna have to sit there until the right one arrives (at great cost).

They also discovered the rear upper tri link ball joint is stuffed too.

:(

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took it to the shop to do the rear control arms and front pinion seal. They just called me and said rockauto have sent me the wrong seal; they sent the rear seal not the front seal.

Geez I hope they send me the right one. I just ordered the Omix one from them along with a crush sleeve and a couple nuts. :emotions34:

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez I hope they send me the right one. I just ordered the Omix one from them along with a crush sleeve and a couple nuts. :emotions34:

I bought the Mopar 52070339AC seal. It doesn't specify on the rockauto site that it is for the rear. I did a google search of that part number and went to the mopar website. Its not until then that it says its for the rear.

Should of just bought the Timkin front seal like I was going to. :(

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I already have a couple of nuts :happy175:

I bought the Mopar 52070339AC seal. It doesn't specify on the rockauto site that it is for the rear. I did a google search of that part number and went to the mopar website. Its not until then that it says its for the rear.

That *****, but it's good to know for others I guess.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

I knew it was the one with the weird cone shaped sleeve (technical term :gr_grin:) and I think the Omix is identical to an OE version. I heard bad things about the Timkin version. Not sure they are all that great anymore. Seems like they just repackage alot of stuff.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew it was the one with the weird cone shaped sleeve (technical term :gr_grin:) and I think the Omix is identical to an OE version. I heard bad things about the Timkin version. Not sure they are all that great anymore. Seems like they just repackage alot of stuff.

The worst part is I need my vehicle this weekend to drive to the airport (4 hours away) to get to a mates wedding. Looks like im gonna have to beg, borrow or steal something to get there!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Readjusted clevis spacers, ended up with 7/16 driver's side and 3/8 passenger. Also charged ac although I still can't find any evidence of a leak, and found and fixed a possible loose connection on abs plug, we'll see if the light goes out.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Readjusted clevis spacers, ended up with 7/16 driver's side and 3/8 passenger. Also charged ac although I still can't find any evidence of a leak, and found and fixed a possible loose connection on abs plug, we'll see if the light goes out.

:emotions34:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my nuts today... along with front pinion seal and crush sleeve. Looks to be the correct stuff. Now if I can get my truck back together so I have something to drive I can tackle the KJ.