What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just shocked at how simple it was to do. More shocking than that was how easily the front diff drain plug came out.... Eek. Barely any effort required at all.

My 05's came out pretty easy too. I was surprised there was an O-ring on it since I don't remember one on my 02.

I did all the fluids on the 05 within about 5k of getting it but went about 40k when I bought the 02. :gr_grin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wish my trans didn't take some obnoxiously expensive and semi-difficult to find fluid.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pardon me while I go to Walmart and get my $4.50/qt ATF+4 :D

Have you tried a junk yard? Ask what they'd charge for some good used trans fluid. I save a bunch on oil and oil filters that way.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the rare fluid? I been using dex6 full syn in my other cars when I built them and only valvoline makes full syn and it's not really that cheap either

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any and all auto parts stores in the US sell ATF+4. It's not obscure at all. The worst I've seen it was about $7/qt ... I recently paid about $6. So a pan drop and filter change costs about $25 in fluid... that ain't that bad really.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Former KJ owner I knew well was a Jeep Dealership Tech
got me 5 gallons of ATF +4 for 8 bucks a gallon ( MOPAR brand of course ) a couple of years back. Figured it would come in handy :happy175:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to cleaning the underside of the Jeep, also did a few things to my Challenger, but I guess I'll keep those pics for my other forums :gr_grin:

Oh, and don't mind the ugly PlastiDip on the bumper I'm peeling off currently:
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks nice and clean!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wish my trans didn't take some obnoxiously expensive and semi-difficult to find fluid.

Everyplace around here has it, even walmart and I don't think it is expensive. (ATF+4) Where are you getting/paying for it?

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any and all auto parts stores in the US sell ATF+4. It's not obscure at all. The worst I've seen it was about $7/qt ... I recently paid about $6. So a pan drop and filter change costs about $25 in fluid... that ain't that bad really.
Sota has a stick. No ATF+4 for that.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon me while I go to Walmart and get my $4.50/qt ATF+4 :D

Have you tried a junk yard? Ask what they'd charge for some good used trans fluid. I save a bunch on oil and oil filters that way.

Shush, you. :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Loading the KJ tonight to head down to the Iowa All Breeds Jeep show tomorrow. :D

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went a-huntin for parts at the junk yard...

• Found an HD fan and clutch(just sitting on top of a torn apart motor - didnt even have to unbolt it!)
  • Found wiring harness and plug for the trailer hitch
  • Found wiring harness for CD changer in back (someone had already removed the changer, but left all the mounting hardware and the harness)
  • Found mudflaps (only the rear, the front was missing one and I wanted pairs)
  • Found front air/bug deflector
  • Found rear brake light chrome bezels (I will paint either grey or black)

The only thing I was looking for but didn't find was tow hooks.

I had been working on my XJ all week so I hadn't had a chance to do anything for the wife's KJ. Hopefully tomorrow I can, or at least before it snows on Sunday afternoon!

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those the stock sized airlift 1000 bags in OME 948 rear coils. Fitment looks good, what PSI approx is that photo.

Nope when you lift with 948s you have to have bigger ones because stock ones are too small
These are the "drag bag" kit used for older muscle cars and they fit perfectly with the provided red puck
Haven't had to air up/down in a while since getting my car (only drive my Jeep in the winter now usually), but I believe these are set at approx 12-15psi, rated for over 30 I believe
They work great for towing/leveling uneven suspension, also help with not allowing the springs to sag
They raise the rear over an inch when fully aired
Just wish we could put them in the front!

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday cleaning the KJ for once- focused on engine bay this time, mainly so it can be nice and clean before winter comes (I'll be deep cleaning the outside/underside before then, though). Fixed the exhaust rattling noise I was having, and changed around my tires.

Went to Wally World after and found a little KJ to pose next to.. nice to see the difference customizing does after you've gotten used to it!

Nice stance, light bar is so cool. I need to work on my ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Have you tried a junk yard? Ask what they'd charge for some good used trans fluid. I save a bunch on oil and oil filters that way.

You can use that for all sorts of things:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice stance, light bar is so cool. I need to work on my ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I appreciate it! I don't have the most expensive parts/upgrades but I made it how I wanted it to look