What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me I know lmao. I'm just saying I've done HIDs in standard housings that would look like the cross hair of a rifle scope on the road or wall.
At the moment I just don't have the patience to attempt a retrofit. if I do source the materials and I can get them done in a realistic time frame maybe I'll make a few extra sets. It's been a couple years but I might be up for it again. Looking at the retrofitsource site, it's gonna be tricky to find a shallow projector and shroud to fit these housings. I don't want to use a a fog light sized projector / bulb and sacrifice output

Last edited:

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't need unless you are adding to the lift and then use only uppers

the only additional piece i got was the front strut spacer from jba. my last lifted suv was a 08 pathfinder and it was a bit different then the kj.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
the only additional piece i got was the front strut spacer from jba. my last lifted suv was a 08 pathfinder and it was a bit different then the kj.

Worlds apart for sure have lifted a few Pathfinders for customers
What all do you have right now?
May be able to give you some more pointers
What size spacer did you get ?

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worlds apart for sure have lifted a few Pathfinders for customers
What all do you have right now?
May be able to give you some more pointers
What size spacer did you get ?

so far i ordered for the front
ome 2927 coil
rancho rs5000
teraflex bump stops
jba 1/4" strut spacer plate
kyb strut mounts

for the rear
ome 2947 coils
rancho rs9000xl adjustable

still need to pick up the hockey pucks for the rear

okiestate_gal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To my Jeep today... drove it to work, paid to have the window regulator looked at AGAIN... :/

Couple weeks ago, though, I installed the JBA front bumper and LOVE IT!! Thanks, tommudd for the suggestion!

Fixin' her up, one piece at a time.

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so far i ordered for the front
ome 2927 coil
rancho rs5000
teraflex bump stops
jba 1/4" strut spacer plate
kyb strut mounts

for the rear
ome 2947 coils
rancho rs9000xl adjustable

still need to pick up the hockey pucks for the rear

Would really still rethink the front shocks , those
are light weight for a KJ really.
The rears will work ok , ..........

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it to go to lowes with the trailer for 14 sheets of 4x8 OSB. yea, never again. **** lowes and their crappy ass customer service. oh and the OSB sheets are FAR from flat.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
used it to go to lowes with the trailer for 14 sheets of 4x8 OSB. yea, never again. **** lowes and their crappy ass customer service. oh and the OSB sheets are FAR from flat.

Lowes has went down hill over the years I think, used to be pretty good, anymore......:emotions34:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights work fine off road / on road.
Cv shafts done
Intermediate shaft done.
Neither of them appeared bad at all and everything came apart easily
Removed all the mud from inside my rotor vents and behind knuckles
Don't think I'll be doing any more mud bogs any time soon. There's still mud I places I can't reach...

I don't have as many little clunks going on over road ripples or uneven roads like gravel but I still have a clunk / pop sometimes.
I guess the hunt isn't over yet ....

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lowes has went down hill over the years I think, used to be pretty good, anymore......:emotions34:

Same here :favorites68:

Lowes is more convenient to me but I usually go to Home Depot anymore. There's never anyone to ask a question at Lowes and the last few times I went, what I wanted was out of stock. I even ordered a big old box of cedar shingles from HD and had it delivered for almost nothing. :gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Menards is my favorite...although Home Depot usually has a better garden center. Everything else for the house usually comes from Menards. Love the rebates!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Home Depots within 3 miles - 1 small one a mile away and a huge one 3 miles away. If neither has what I need, I have to go about 10 miles to a huge HD or a huge Lowe’s. All of them around me are disorganized (people who can’t put something back in the bin they just pulled it from SUCK) and it’s hard to find help, but they have what you need if you know what to get.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Menards is my favorite...although Home Depot usually has a better garden center. Everything else for the house usually comes from Menards. Love the rebates!

No Menards around here. Southern States and Tractor Supply are pretty good and helpful. I used to like 84 Lumber but none around me here. A couple of good Ace and True Value stores around. Back in the day I could get everything at Grossman's or the corner hardware store... :Bye:

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Home Depot is 100 yards from my doorstep, plus they still give military discounts. I rarely need any customer service, so they're my go-to.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i'm not going to disagree. the OSB even feels like it's lower quality. I like the 20% off I can get with careful planning of coupon codes, but I'm going to have to reject getting lumber from them from now on I guess. Boxed things are just boxed things.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the front differential and transfer case fluids this afternoon. I had done the rear differential about 60k ago, doing that perhaps this weekend. I had never done the front in the time ice owned the jeep... Nor the t-case.

I feel ashamed and guilty for having ever drove this this the last 70,000 miles ice owned it. The t-case fluid came out like dirty water. The front diff was like dirty motor oil. Not at all like what those fluids should be.

ATF+4 in the t-case and Valvoline synthetic 75w90 gear oil in the diff. Beautiful.

Anyone who hasn't done theirs, get off your butt. It was easier than an oil change. But save yourself the mess and buy the $9.99 quart pump with hoses.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^^After I did my T-Case it was noticeably smoother shifting in and out of 4WD. When the snow hits you will be even more glad you did it.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^After I did my T-Case it was noticeably smoother shifting in and out of 4WD. When the snow hits you will be even more glad you did it.

That was my thinking... Before good ol Michigan winters get here.. I still need to do the rear differential and Transmission fluid and filter too. After that, I should be good to go!

I was just shocked at how simple it was to do. More shocking than that was how easily the front diff drain plug came out.... Eek. Barely any effort required at all.