What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW
about 5 years ago or whenever it was they discontinued them, I searched everywhere for them, had two new ones but thought I could score a few more. Found three and that was it supposedly in the US. Wonder how many this person has ?

i found somewhere else that also has a pair of them, im going to call and confirm that it isnt a fluke. If i dont buy them ill post that link also

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have about 6000 miles on the JBA 2.5 inch Full Control Lift now. After this last weeks road trip thought I would " fine tune " the fronts just a bit more.
Pulled the Bumpstops out and after adjustments were done thought I should clean them up a bit.
JAX WAX to the rescue , spray on the Super Citrus cleaner, waited about two minutes, hosed that off and sprayed on the Shine All.
Almost looks brand new ! ( need to touch up some rusty looking bolts I see and a brake line) :emotions34:

Great idea - that stuff is amazing. I washed the KJ today and was wondering how to get the coilovers looking good again. I'm gonna steal your idea ;)

I'm a committed JAX WAX fan now. All their products work just like they describe.

Bob

Last edited:

d3m0nss

Reaction score
attemped to wire in some halo only to blow the driver side headlight fuse in my haste & in my stupidity i instead spent the last 2 1/2 hours patiently taking the wires outta the loom and tracing them back to the source looking for a break or a loose connection instead of just checking the fuse from the get go like a smart person :doh2:

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep is finally ready for OBX! Here is the final tally of what has been done:

1) New passenger lower ball joint
2) Crank Seal
3) Water Pump
4) Tensioner assembly
5) Belt
6) Lower rad hose
7) IRO Rear Upper Control Arm for a WJ with custom bracket
8) New rear axle bearings and seals both sides
9) New e-brake shoes (and now the ebrake DOESN'T work? Post-obx problems...)
10) Freed up e-brake cable hardware (the pivot at the end of the e-brake cable)
11) Solid Diff cover with new 85w140 dino gear oil
12) New rear springs
13) New rear shocks
14) New rear lower control arms
15) New rad cap :)

I got all of that done in about 2 weeks! Not too shabby.

The post OBX-list:
1) Brakes and calipers all around
2) Get the e-brake working
3) PS rack
4) Trans...? :blah:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Jeep is finally ready for OBX! Here is the final tally of what has been done:

2) Crank Seal
3) Water Pump
4) Tensioner assembly
5) Belt
6) Lower rad hose
12) New rear springs
13) New rear shocks

The post OBX-list:
3) PS rack

Keep a close eye on Number 7 , seems there have been some issues with the bushings wearing out pretty fast . Been following on Fakebook

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2) Crank Seal
3) Water Pump
4) Tensioner assembly
5) Belt
6) Lower rad hose
12) New rear springs
13) New rear shocks

The post OBX-list:
3) PS rack

Would you happen to be goin to the Jeep Mutiny?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on Number 7 , seems there have been some issues with the bushings wearing out pretty fast . Been following on Fakebook

Oh trust me I am. I completely understand that everything I've done is COMPLETELY experimental at this point. But this thing is no longer my DD so it could be a while before even the crappiest bushings wear out.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have about 6000 miles on the JBA 2.5 inch Full Control Lift now. After this last weeks road trip thought I would " fine tune " the fronts just a bit more.
Pulled the Bumpstops out and after adjustments were done thought I should clean them up a bit.
JAX WAX to the rescue , spray on the Super Citrus cleaner, waited about two minutes, hosed that off and sprayed on the Shine All.
Almost looks brand new ! ( need to touch up some rusty looking bolts I see and a brake line) :emotions34:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

What kind of fine tuning? I'm asking because i have close to 6K on mine now too and have added an ARB bumper and winch (synthetic line) since they were installed. I have them set at 10 clicks rebound and 6 compression (they squeaked at 12 and 4 so Marlin suggested changing - still squeak a little) but honestly don't understand how up/down clicks effect the firmness of the ride. Seems a little mushy in front now but not too bad. Oh, and should i be able to click them by hand? Not sure if that's normal or they are loose.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of fine tuning? I'm asking because i have close to 6K on mine now too and have added an ARB bumper and winch (synthetic line) since they were installed. I have them set at 10 clicks rebound and 6 compression (they squeaked at 12 and 4 so Marlin suggested changing - still squeak a little) but honestly don't understand how up/down clicks effect the firmness of the ride. Seems a little mushy in front now but not too bad. Oh, and should i be able to click them by hand? Not sure if that's normal or they are loose.

I was just adjusting a bit on height, was meaning to do it at around 5000 and never got it down. Plus had set them a little softer for the trip back , front and rears just to see how it would do. So turned them back up to firm
Yes you should be able to adjust them by hand fairly easy, or at least all 4 of mine are that way .
I changed mine around several times during the first few weeks and finally got it where I like it

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I cleaned the cabin air intake behind the glove box. It needed it.

My A/C compressor was replaced last February. Of course, it's kind of hard to tell how good the A/C is working when it's already 25 degrees out. Even so, it never seemed as good as it was in summers before. Here's hoping this helps.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found 5 HD cooling shrouds, cheapest was 35 bucks....highest was 50. So i really didnt do anything to my KJ but i got something FOR it... that counts right

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've adjusted mine quite a bit - mostly on the compression side. I've got mine at 10 clicks on rebound and 2 clicks on compression. I wanted the shocks to 'absorb' the bumps a little more while allowing the springs to keep the tires on the road on rebound.

I've got the same bumper/winch/rope combination as you and as much highway driving as I do I wanted a little more "subtlety." When I go offroad I dial things back up to 12 on rebound and 5 on compression.

My 2 cents....

Bob

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found 5 HD cooling shrouds, cheapest was 35 bucks....highest was 50. So i really didnt do anything to my KJ but i got something FOR it... that counts right

Where at??? Ive been looking for one? Ship me one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Drove it to a garage sale that was all tools and scored $28 worth of vintage USA made tools :D