What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the rest of my parts together.

You must be registered for see images attach

....and looks like you got an install instructor too.......LOL

Dave

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like im not the only one planning for fun weekend project. Post pics afterward :)

You must be registered for see images

Got my fender clips in. No more floppy fronts.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know if it will be this weekend trying to recuit some help.

As long as you have an extra set of hands there and a good come-along strap the fronts aren't too bad. I learned the easier ways of doing the fronts after the fact. Like has been said already the rears are cake.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to have mechanic do your front and do rear yourself. Rear is so much easier. I'm mechanically challenged and i didnt do any of fronts but clevis lift myself.

Cant afford mechanics in chicago. I am not mechanically challenged just dont have experience.

As long as you have an extra set of hands there and a good come-along strap the fronts aren't too bad. I learned the easier ways of doing the fronts after the fact. Like has been said already the rears are cake.

What would be the easy way and hard way all looks like a long process.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got some new shoes finally and something new to go in them

Last edited by a moderator:

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the rear differential to RP 75w140. Also gave the cover a nice shiny new coat of paint. All the fluids are now changed out and new since I got her last winter ('cept the antifreeze). Now all I gotta do is figure out that damn pre-flight TPMS problem... :favorites68:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on kk clevis with clevis space. First side took me 2 hours and the other took me 30 min lol.

It was sitting at 23.5" and waiting to see how high after alignment. Hopefully it settles after that.

I forgot to take photo after i put these on oops

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on kk clevis with clevis space. First side took me 2 hours and the other took me 30 min lol.

It was sitting at 23.5" and waiting to see how high after alignment. Hopefully it settles after that.

I forgot to take photo after i put these on oops

Whats the pros to using the kk versions outside of it not being rusty as your originals.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the pros to using the kk versions outside of it not being rusty as your originals.

Well thats the advantage lol. Rly, i got it so i can do a bit more clevis lift. Mine had 1/2" clevis and i always was scared of it. Now i put 3/8" clevis space AND 3/8" longer clevis fork. Sure i could've done 6/8" clevis lift if the shocks weren't gonna fall off.

This, and fender clips together put me at 23.5" fender to hub (before alignment, will probably go down) from 22" i was sitting at. I'm just praying for my cv joints wellness.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats the advantage lol. Rly, i got it so i can do a bit more clevis lift. Mine had 1/2" clevis and i always was scared of it. Now i put 3/8" clevis space AND 3/8" longer clevis fork. Sure i could've done 6/8" clevis lift if the shocks weren't gonna fall off.

This, and fender clips together put me at 23.5" fender to hub (before alignment, will probably go down) from 22" i was sitting at. I'm just praying for my cv joints wellness.

Yea, that 1/2" of clevis lift is on the dangerous side. Too little shock in the clevis.

At 23.5" your CV's will prolly squeal like a stuck pig. When I did my coilovers recently I was at 23" before alignment and the drive to the alignment shop was 'interesting' with all the noises and unstable ride (also replaced the outer tie rods so the toe, camber, caster were all out of whack.)

Hopefully you settle back to just under 23" - your CV's will thank you :waytogo:

Bob

07JK

Reaction score
I mounted some KCs on the cowl of my libby the other day. ^^/

Last edited by a moderator:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that 1/2" of clevis lift is on the dangerous side. Too little shock in the clevis.

At 23.5" your CV's will prolly squeal like a stuck pig. When I did my coilovers recently I was at 23" before alignment and the drive to the alignment shop was 'interesting' with all the noises and unstable ride (also replaced the outer tie rods so the toe, camber, caster were all out of whack.)

Hopefully you settle back to just under 23" - your CV's will thank you :waytogo:

Bob

Alignment done. Sitting at 22.5". HOW DOES IT SETTLE AN INCH? Not that much gain after all :/

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alignment done. Sitting at 22.5". HOW DOES IT SETTLE AN INCH? Not that much gain after all :/

Doesn't " settle"
Its all in the alignment and how the tires are running at an extreme angle and then when its aligned properly its at the height you are , well height that you set it at
Thats why when doing them you know how to adjust for the difference when installing the lift
BUT you don't want anymore the way it is, just extra issues being higher