What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh its gonna happen i have the $$$ just need to figure out the install. I am going to do ome 927/948 and bilstein shocks.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why remove the skid plate?
I have ran stock Mopar and a Skid Row on mine and never had any issues with getting to the oil filter
BUT if just cleaning it up it 4 bolts is all that holds it on

No problem getting to the oil filter (did it from the top). I just wanted to drop it to clean up 14 years of oil dripping from prior oil changes before we bought it.

This is the stock skid plate. I started to undo the first bolt and thought wait this looks heavy, how am I going to get it back in place by myself and get the first couple bolts started. :)

Scott

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 Jeep liberty very reliable

wondering if I could make my purchase price back in parting it out, and keeping the bits I need for mine. parts I can think off off the top of my head I'd keep...
rear axle to swap in 4.10's and drop into my jeep
engine (keep it as a spare maybe)
wiring
interior trim bits
seats maybe (if they're in better shape than mine)
exterior trim bits (so I can do up a set in some kind of coating)
maybe the transfer case to do some experiments on

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 Jeep liberty very reliable

wondering if I could make my purchase price back in parting it out, and keeping the bits I need for mine. parts I can think off off the top of my head I'd keep...
rear axle to swap in 4.10's and drop into my jeep
engine (keep it as a spare maybe)
wiring
interior trim bits
seats maybe (if they're in better shape than mine)
exterior trim bits (so I can do up a set in some kind of coating)
maybe the transfer case to do some experiments on

That's a hoarder mentality in my opinion: "I might need this...I might need that..."

Don't get me wrong. I have it too. And so do most Jeep folks. So I would say pull the trigger if you have the space for it. I, however, do not.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are the right part numbers for the shocks.

Rear. Bilstein 24-185660

Front. Bilstein 24-13916

To work with ome 927/948. I just want to double check before i start ordering.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a hoarder mentality in my opinion: "I might need this...I might need that..."

Don't get me wrong. I have it too. And so do most Jeep folks. So I would say pull the trigger if you have the space for it. I, however, do not.

I think of it more like, I have changes I want to make, but I don't like modifying parts without having a stock replacement to swap back to if things go wrong.

Andyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift is done! OME 927/948 springs. Bilsteins, JBA UCAs, Teraflex bumps and 1/4 top plate, Extra Iso in rear, ProComp ES9000 Nitros and 2 hockey pucks per side. Tires and alignment done last night. GIANT THANK YOU! for all the advice and knowlege from JeepKJ. Hmm...What to do next?:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lift is done! OME 927/948 springs. Bilsteins, JBA UCAs, Teraflex bumps and 1/4 top plate, Extra Iso in rear, ProComp ES9000 Nitros and 2 hockey pucks per side. Tires and alignment done last night. GIANT THANK YOU! for all the advice and knowlege from JeepKJ. Hmm...What to do next?:headbang:

Great now for the next item................
:happy175:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive to check water levels on some of the lakes I like to fish and broke loose both rear backing plates on the 07.
One is rattling and the other is scraping on the rotor.
But I have referb'd ones off the 06 that were replaced with new last fall.
First big test for the new garage,can I get the Jeep in at an angle enough to pull both axles.
Might as well change the engine oil and filter and rotate the tires while I'm at it.

Gyro

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
State Farm is willing to pay a repair shop to fix my crashed car.
Or I can take the $2040 estimate as a payout.
Them fixing it would be a complete and utter lipstick on pig deal.
There's SO many other things wrong with it that it'd literally be throwing good money after bad.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NIIIICE!!!

Well done - and just a word to the wise: Once the Jeeper Disease gets started it's very difficult to control :help::happy175::happy175: :waytogo:

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grab that money and spend it on that libby

funny part is, I have all the pieces to fix it myself, minus the fender.
and as for the libby, I have a pile of parts to go in on it.
the neon needs a clutch.

seriously thinking of taking the cash. now if I could just find a fender...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed, waxed and generally pampered the old KJ.

By the way, loving the ride of the JBA coilovers. MUCH smoother yet more firm than the previous setup. Trying to decide if I want a set of Monroe Load Leveler shocks in the rear. I have 90,000 miles on the Bilsteins and they're about toast. Anyone want to convince me either way...?

I may have a set if JBA 1/4" top plates available - haven't made up my mind yet :emotions34:

You must be registered for see images

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a big bolt in the right front tire leaving work. Tire place at the top of the street is patching it now.

Looked like a 7/16" body bolt.

Latest posts

Members online