What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friday I decided to check the IAC and it was dirty so it got cleaned. Then broken the tip off my T20 bit into the last screw I was putting in. :winner_third_h4h: So that will be fun to take care of, but the jeep ran a bit smoother after cleaning the IAC.

Saturday she got a few hundred miles put on her and Sunday she was washed and detailed. Then the wife and I took her to the local drive in theater and enjoyed the beautiful weather we are having right now.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, only took it to work but yesterday

• Replaced brake pads all 4 corners
  • Change front speakers for Dual DLS654 (30 CAD at Wal-Mart)
  • Repaired 2 hoses (one Fuel Vapor and another Right Angle one right under the hood) using glue shrink tube over the existing hose and add hose clamps

That seems to clear P0442 and P0445 codes thrown, so far so good but been only two days and 60Km's

I also recently replaced spark plugs and Camshaft/Crankshaft sensors

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
265-70-16s mall crawling round rubber things installed on the Moabs today and then on the 03
Since no one bought them thought why not put them to use !
You must be registered for see images attach

4.10 front diff ready and waiting

Last edited:

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrr.... just installed new sway bar bushings to clear a squeak and now the passenger side strut is rattling. Also noticed its a sensa-trac shock, and the one on the drivers side is a reflex. Don't know what the previous owner was thinking, but I'M thinking it's time for new assys on both sides, even though hub-to-flare on both is a smidge over 18 inches. Both springs still have the Chrysler tag on 'em too.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrr.... just installed new sway bar bushings to clear a squeak and now the passenger side strut is rattling. Also noticed its a sensa-trac shock, and the one on the drivers side is a reflex. Don't know what the previous owner was thinking, but I'M thinking it's time for new assys on both sides, even though hub-to-flare on both is a smidge over 18 inches. Both springs still have the Chrysler tag on 'em too.

Sounds like lift city :hidesbehindsofa:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I'M thinking it's time for new assys on both sides, even though hub-to-flare on both is a smidge over 18 inches. Both springs still have the Chrysler tag on 'em too.
Seems like that tag is the last thing to wear out... :emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like that tag is the last thing to wear out... :emotions34:

I've removed stock KJ springs that were sagged almost two inches and had over 175,000 miles and the dang tag was still on them, they wear better than anything else

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install new wheel bearing hub

Last week I received by mail from rock auto my new Timken wheel bearing hub. Last weekend I was installing, It was my first time doing this kind of work. Before starting I search for information on this page that I read a few threads that help me to do it, and the most important is that save me money.

All I had to invest in addition to the hub and to begin this work. I bought 35 mm socket and external Torx E14 socket which did not have. I am pleased to have done this job and have done it well. No more roar on the front right passenger side. Yeah!

Keep on the Jeep Liberty.

:big_banana_Dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I received by mail from rock auto my new Timken wheel bearing hub. Last weekend I was installing, It was my first time doing this kind of work. Before starting I search for information on this page that I read a few threads that help me to do it, and the most important is that save me money.

All I had to invest in addition to the hub and to begin this work. I bought 35 mm socket and external Torx E14 socket which did not have. I am pleased to have done this job and have done it well. No more roar on the front right passenger side. Yeah!

Great job! Doing the work yourself brings satisfaction and saves a lot of money :waytogo:

One piece of advice: Rather than rely on your jack to hold up the Jeep, buy a set of jack stands. Much safer - and the jack is not designed to hold up the weight of the Jeep for long periods. ;)

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:big_banana_Dance:

Are you doing work on ceramic tile?!?

Great job! Doing the work yourself brings satisfaction and saves a lot of money :waytogo:

One piece of advice: Rather than rely on your jack to hold up the Jeep, buy a set of jack stands. Much safer - and the jack is not designed to hold up the weight of the Jeep for long periods. ;)

Bob

He's got a stand there. Doesn't hurt to use both :)

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First lunch trip with the new tires. Yeah... with 5 guys in the Jeep (4 of which are 250+), I get some serious wheel rub on corners now. :happy175:

What was funny is that it didn't rub going to lunch, but did on the way back.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moved the Jeep out of the way of the garage at 0700 (was at work until 2340 last night....) to do a front brake change on a toyota matrix. Then gave her one last look as I tore off on the motorcycle to work. Hi ho Hi ho!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I did a thing. 6 tandem dump loads of chippings.

Incline was 16* in the later pictures.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced battery and battery terminal in a Pita Pit parking.

I think I wrongfully called the Jeep my "car" and there were no more kittens to kill so God killed my battery instead :happy175:

I bought a discounted ratchet kit and another screwdriver discounted kit that I'll keep in the Jeep ICE.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First lunch trip with the new tires. Yeah... with 5 guys in the Jeep (4 of which are 250+), I get some serious wheel rub on corners now. :happy175:

What did you eat :evillol:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Got to worked and as soon as I hit the parking garage hit an even 75,000 miles. 44% of the miles on her are mine at this point.

What did you eat :evillol:
Sounds like the boys musta hit the all-you-can-eat buffet. :gr_grin: