What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I "liked" your post. Not because of what happened to you, but because you haven't murdered anyone over it. That is ridiculous... :emotions34:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted the plow back on it and used them to push around a truck load of tree chippings. hopefully I'll be doing that again tomorrow with another load.

I love free tree chippings to use to cover and clean up the ratty hill side.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 20 mpg consitantly for once
Drove up into my woods to the pond and around some trails
Ran a 3inch tube from airbox to grill

Last edited by a moderator:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Clothes Dryer hose? I like it..Lol..Just hope it's not going to be a bug vacuum..
Could cover end in w/ a fine screen.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^ :happy175:
What really "bugs" me is when you are sleeping nice & peacefully in the tent and suddenly...
You get that one loud, huge mosquito buzzing inside.
Fear not, I have the solution!
55943[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I wonder if you could mount a mini-zapper on the intake hose? :icon_razz:
If not, it sure would make good fun around the campsite, especially if ya got kids..:Big Laugh:

Attachments

• Zolt%20Bug%20Zapper.gif
    Zolt%20Bug%20Zapper.gif
    113.8 KB · Views: 0

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my PA speaker installed but I am still getting my CB tuned and well grounded. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it finished up and then get the new rear rotors I bought put on.

ozone000

Reaction score
Replaced PCV, turned out it was really bad and likely the cause of the occasional puff of blue smoke on startup, ran a can of SeaFoam through the engine while I had the PCV off, seems to have improved the catalytic efficiency a bit though could have been the PCV. Changed front axle fluid and transfer case fluid. Drained rear axle, waiting for gasket to cure overnight. Drained transmission...I'm either letting it drain overnight or I just got tired and quit for today....not entirely sure, but it will be ready to put back together tomorrow. Not sure if those fluids have ever been changed as the magnets had quite a bit of buildup.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clothes Dryer hose? I like it..Lol..Just hope it's not going to be a bug vacuum..
Could cover end in w/ a fine screen.

no its a bendable intake hose, same thing though. And yes there's a screen on the inside lip.

Hey it was my first day off in ages with no work, clinical or kids....i had to hack something up :superhack:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
no its a bendable intake hose, same thing though. And yes there's a screen on the inside lip.

Hey it was my first day off in ages with no work, clinical or kids....i had to hack something up :superhack:

Ran a hose up to the grill for over 8 years on the 04 and never saw more than 2 -3 bugs the whole time, no screen etc needed

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed both u-joints. Pretty sure an entire bottle of lock tite was used on each bolt from the factory.

PapaSmurf

Reaction score
Installed my VHF ham radio and antenna today. Temp install, need to get the microphone cord extended before final placement in cargo space to rear.

Tried to troubleshoot my fog lights. I hear a relay clicking when the switch is pulled out on the light control, but no joy. I'm starting to think the bulbs are burnt and need replacing.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled the Kili inside the garage today to remove some parts and add some more parts :gr_grin::gr_grin:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally went ahead and replaced the tires. I had hoped to hold off until after a lift, but the old Dunlop Signature CSs on there were getting... well... scary. Two of them were on or almost to the war bars, and the other two were badly worn as well. If the temperature dropped below 40 or the roads got damp, it was like driving on ball bearings.

I bought a set of Cooper Discoverer RTXs, which so far seem pretty nice for a cheaper tire. Decent ride on the road, although they do seem to transmit more bumps through (stiffer sidewall, I guess), much better traction. Night and day difference there, took it into some mud and soft sand and had no issues at all. There is only a slight amount of tire 'whine' around 45-50mph that really is only noticeable with the windows down, and they seem to ride just fine at 75mph on the highway. I'm sure there are much better options out there, but I can't complain at the price I spent. Overall seems to be a decent tire to last me until I can do the lift, which won't probably be until next year. I'm trying to pay some bills off and possibly move, which takes priority over the Jeep at the moment, sadly.

Folks at Tire Kingdom were pretty impressed with the Jeep, only thing they could find wrong with it was a bit of damage to the schrader valve on the spare tire. Apparently someone had pulled the needle at some point and damaged it when re-installing it, but since it held air they just wanted to point it out and told me to keep an eye on it.

Jeep looks much happier on an all-terrain style tire than it did on those old 'Crossover SUV' tires.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a good bit done today. I finally got my cb tuned up and now I all I am waiting for is my power mic. I also replaced my rear rotors. I think they were the originals rear rotors. I also had some fun the other day and decided to park on some ice when I went to have lunch with the wife.

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture6079-parked-ice-have-lunch-my-wife.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6080-new-old-rear-rotor.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture6081-new-cb-all-up-running.jpg

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced cylinder 2 injector. Kept getting an intermittent p0202. Hopefully this will remedy my issue

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.C.

Reaction score
Performed water leak detection

Removed most of the trims from around the roof and door openings. Taped up the sunroof and screw holes, then ran the hose over the various areas. Water is running down the inside of the covers on the A pillars, but I still have no idea how it is getting in there.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed my 260k mile 42rle is starting to slip pretty badly with 6psi of boost, and got a job working nights at Summit's distribution center. With the trans in its last leg and plans to start the SAS swap soon, the employee discounts would come on handy. I think I might be onto something here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Members online