What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out trail riding today in the snow because Colorado weather is bipolar. It was fun and a good experience. I will post pics tomorrow.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple days old now, but used it to pull a 5x8 trailer 400 miles back to Ohio. People who say that the Liberty is a poor tow vehicle are mistaken, in my opinion.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple days old now, but used it to pull a 5x8 trailer 400 miles back to Ohio. People who say that the Liberty is a poor tow vehicle are mistaken, in my opinion.

Welcome home, Prof! I'd love to go wheeling with the Jeeper of the Year :winner_third_h4h:

(And I agree with you on towing - the KJ is VERY capable! I moved my buddy's old camper to a new campground - he was stunned the Liberty could handle it ;) )
You must be registered for see images

Bob

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after a year of holding off getting my transmission fixed i finally brought it in and got it rebuilt. no more 1776, no more CEL, and i have overdrive again! turns out i needed more than a valve body and solenoid switch. the dang torque convertor crapped out. went with rebuilding since i already had a new valve body which they stripped down and made sure it was clean. to add insult to injury the crappy autozone alternator crapped out after 5 months. now i just need to fix the center brake light.

railink

Reaction score
I have had her a mere 3 days

Stock OTIS is gone, EVIC put in, found it on a 2003 renegade at the scrap yard.

Half our total tinkering, it even told me my back glass was open. I don't know about this, wife tells me more than enough of what to do. Now my KJ is doing the same :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. If you don't mind me asking, what did that cost?

if all went as planned the rebuild using the current valve body and solenoid pack would have been about $2000 with a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty. they did offer a 3 year warranty for an extra $300something but i was like meh.

other quotes from various:
- used transmission with 121k+ miles with no warranty: $1500
- reman transmission $3000 to $4000 with warranties ranging 1 to 3 years or x amount of miles.

i went with the rebuilt since my valve body has sonnax parts and was put in just weeks before the rebuild. used transmissions with less than 100k miles are hard to find here.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gyro got a new playhouse.
And my first playhouse warming gift.

Gyro

Last edited by a moderator:

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock OTIS is gone, EVIC put in, found it on a 2003 renegade at the scrap yard.

Half our total tinkering, it even told me my back glass was open. I don't know about this, wife tells me more than enough of what to do. Now my KJ is doing the same :)

Does your compass work ok? Mine doesn't seem to work correctly, won't point east really ever seems to point SW and W mostly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!

One day I will own land big enough for a pole-barn garage with a lift in it...

One day... :blah:

Had two over the years with lifts
But the lifts and huge garage wasn't enough to make me stay and put up with rest of the BS :Bye::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::happy175::happy175:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting it storage ready this week. I'll be deploying for the navy soon and I want her to be clean. Plan on jacking it up removing all wheels and cleaning the fender liners, deep clean the wheels, paint the undercarriage with Bedliner , gut the interior and clean everything. She's pretty clean now but I'm OCD. Also got new tail lights but I don't have a picture yet. Also plan to degrease the engine bay.
Picture below is for someone who's been messaging me, to show how well the seats are holding up. Still look the same after 3 months using griots

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting it storage ready this week. I'll be deploying for the navy soon and I want her to be clean...
Good luck with the USN.

By the way, when it comes to keeping your Jeep looking good, you make most of the rest of us look bad. :help:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the USN.

By the way, when it comes to keeping your Jeep looking good, you make most of the rest of us look bad. :help:

Thanks profdlp, and why do you say that? Haha

Forgot to mention. I'm taking her to linex in Monroe to do the fenders and bumpers. Can't wait!

Latest posts

Members online