What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pretty surprised also. One side actually was knocking, so they likely considered that as a defective part.

I made my complaint and they sent me the FedEx prepaid paperwork. I did not think they would refund the shipping, and they did wait 3 days after receiving the return to check it out before offering the refund.

As a result I ordered some other parts, so I guess it is win/win for them in this case.

Yeah that's probably it. I believe they give you the refund reason on the form they make you fill out for returned parts.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the update.
They discontinued the kit as of February. Maybe they got smart because the kit is way cheaper than buying each individual part.

The parts that the kit comprises are still all availabe.
53034065AA $13.00
68044349AA $51.64
53020891AE $31.74
4275086AC (you don’t need this, it’s just an update label to put under your hood)
5191775AA $0.92

This is about $60-70 more than the kit.

I think if I would make the changes to my PCV system. I would just plug the pcv port on the oil filler neck to save some money.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of the build up in the filler neck just remove the baffle in the filler neck and your problem should go away. That is what I did and it worked.

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife just called and said the Libby is stalling, said everything shut off on the dash too though? Not sure what's going on....gotta figure out a way to get over to her work now I guess.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd that you had such a great experience. I had to fight them to pay the shipping back because they sent me a part that didn't fit my Jeep. (Catalog error)

Your issue was a matter of opinion and they refunded your shipping anyway? Wonder what's up with the different responses...

You probably scared them so bad they figured they'd better go easy on the next guy. :icon_lol:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old CB fried itself when the cigarette plug shorted out the other day. It is probably at least a 30 year old CB. I bought a new one and it should arrive today. Hopefully I will have the time to install it when it comes in.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the IAC valve and throttle body man was she dirty. I always wondered why my gas mileage didn't change when I got a new engine. I easily got 24mpg on the highway doing 70
You must be registered for see images attach

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdale85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the battery and cable connections real carefully. A little corrosion or loose and weird stuff happens.

Yeah I'm going to check them out today or tomorrow, it's starting to rain right now so not sure I feel like standing out there lol.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ozone000

Reaction score
Replaced the tire that got destroyed by a bad alignment by the PO. Other tires are 80%, this one was 10%-0% depending on where you measure (toe issue). I'd rather not replace just one tire, but didn't want to throw out the other which is nearly brand new.

Got a new key cut, now have the normal number of keys!

Called Bilstein today also. Looks like another month until my shocks come in. Hrrumph.

Tomorrow I plan on changing all the transmission fluids. We'll see.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the tire that got destroyed by a bad alignment by the PO. Other tires are 80%, this one was 10%-0% depending on where you measure (toe issue). I'd rather not replace just one tire, but didn't want to throw out the other which is nearly brand new...
Better to have 100%-80%-80%-80% than 80-80-80-zilch. :waytogo:

Geof3

Reaction score
Replaced my rear bumper fascia Wed. Just wish I knew about plastic rivets before I dumped STUPID $ on the ones from the dealer. Live and learn... :party52:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced my rear bumper fascia Wed. Just wish I knew about plastic rivets before I dumped STUPID $ on the ones from the dealer. Live and learn... :party52:

How much did they gouge you for? :blah:

Geof3

Reaction score
How much did they gouge you for? :blah:

Freakin' $6.50 each! I'm very tempted to go in and give them a piece of my mind, considering I can by 100 of them for less than half what they charged me! But I know that would be a total waste of time!