What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked specifically for 2008 KK strut assemblies at the wrecker :shrug:

The KK clevis is very different according to this thread.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/4-ironman-lift-how-59151/

That being said...maybe there are different model clevis's for different KK's?

EDIT: Looking at a parts diagram, yours seems to be the "correct" one here. I guess the KK came with either a cast one or a pressed one? So there are 3 models of clevis? KJ, KK (cast) and KK (pressed)

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pics off KK forks I've seen were stamped steel. Maybe there is two versions?... or maybe they're Nitro forks? All I cared was what they gave me was longer than what I had.

I'll see if I can decipher some info from the tags on the rest of the strut they cam with.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, if you find out I could get them on mine when I pull the front end apart for its rebuild/refresh... which I desperately need to do soon.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, if you find out I could get them on mine when I pull the front end apart for its rebuild/refresh... which I desperately need to do soon.

Coil spring tag = 52109885AE
Partial VIN# from tag on strut = 8W201104
8 should be 2008
W should be Toledo production plant
201104 should be production number

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
2008 they had same style as the KJs then went to the pressed steel ones after that on the KKs
All Kjs and KKs were made in the Toledo plant
You can not buy the 02 springs any more, they stopped making them when they lowered the KJs April 12, 2002

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Jeep around last night and this morning chauffeuring the girl around. Her escape started making an awful grinding noise so I investigated it in the single digit temps and wind last night. Couldn't find the source but found a broken exhaust hanger. Got it back to my garage and started pulling the wheels off. Flippin rock stuck between the rotor and backing plate. Sounded like a dragging muffler.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went and picked up new rear u-joints for the 03
Came home measured the old ones, yep wrong ones
After a lot of investigating it must of been a mid year/ late in the year change or something
driveshaft and u-joints are original but different then what books call for
But NAPA is fixing me up with the right ones

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove the Jeep around last night and this morning chauffeuring the girl around. Her escape started making an awful grinding noise so I investigated it in the single digit temps and wind last night. Couldn't find the source but found a broken exhaust hanger. Got it back to my garage and started pulling the wheels off. Flippin rock stuck between the rotor and backing plate. Sounded like a dragging muffler.

Simple things like that can drive ya nuts:icon_lol:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a lot of investigating it must of been a mid year/ late in the year change or something

One thing I hated about Chrysler U-Joints. When I sold U-Joint Jobs I would have the Parts Stores bring down the U-Joints for that year and model, then see which ones matched.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I want to replace mine but can't come up with a source that will tell me exactly which ones to get. They keep telling me, "Well, there are two different sizes. Which ones do you have...?"

Dunno. Depends on where I measure. Ugh :favorites68:

Tom, which size is the correct one for your '03?

Bob

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed the oil, installed brake line relocation bracket, then drove her down to check out the derailed train wreck that happened last night

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the jeep back with fresh gears,locker, diff, cv axles, and compressor....and drove off into the sunset

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to replace mine but can't come up with a source that will tell me exactly which ones to get. They keep telling me, "Well, there are two different sizes. Which ones do you have...?"

Bob
I actually got fed up with trying to figure out sizes and paid a shop 40 bucks to do mine (I pulled the driveshaft and brought it to them)

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bob

I bought a set years ago and they're sitting on the KJ shelf in my garage. Being proactive, very proactive. Guess I should compare them to the ones on it before I actually do need them. Only remember one choice at Napa for the 02.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Bob

Bob I'll let you know tomorrow when I pick new ones up and make sure
I should of used my favorite old time u-joint measuring tool before I went but was too lazy to roll under the Jeep :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online