What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very slowly cleaning it, hoping possibly this Sunday or next Sunday off before Vacation so i can get it completely cleaned inside and out.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Jeep around last night and this morning chauffeuring the girl around. Her escape started making an awful grinding noise so I investigated it in the single digit temps and wind last night. Couldn't find the source but found a broken exhaust hanger. Got it back to my garage and started pulling the wheels off. Flippin rock stuck between the rotor and backing plate. Sounded like a dragging muffler.

I once has a small pebble get stuck between my rotor and pad. Made the worst screech you can imagine lol. It is funny how something so small and simple can sound like such a large issue.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought everything that I should need to do my head gaskets in the next week or so. While I am in there I am going to change the valve cover gaskets and any other small gaskets so I know they are all new. This should be a fun full weekend project.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought everything that I should need to do my head gaskets in the next week or so. While I am in there I am going to change the valve cover gaskets and any other small gaskets so I know they are all new. This should be a fun full weekend project.

Better look at the heads and make sure they're true

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Of course this is all in the hopes that there is nothing wrong with the heads and that my problem is only the head gasket. I will definitely be checking to make sure that they are not warped or cracked.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Remember the intake manifold gaskets - a full set will have 6 individual gaskets to go around each of the intake ports.

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Very slowly cleaning it, hoping possibly this Sunday or next Sunday off before Vacation so i can get it completely cleaned inside and out.
Ya something I need to do inside on my Jeep. I have not removed all the stuff and vacuumed it in a year!
I wonder what all I might find....??:gr_grin:
Waiting for a dry sunny day to get the shop vac happening.
Looks like it might be a week or more yet...Rain go away!:icon_lol:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

I warped mine when I overheated. Even I could tell. Took it to a machine shop and had them cleaned and resurfaced. They did a nice job and did both for about 100$.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score! You're gonna drop them off at my house, right. :gr_grin:

Im not coming that far South with them till they are bolted to the Jeep. And once they are bolted to the Jeep they stay with the Jeep.

But I can hook you up with some Moabs with nice Goodyear tires!

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not coming that far South with them till they are bolted to the Jeep. And once they are bolted to the Jeep they stay with the Jeep.

But I can hook you up with some Moabs with nice Goodyear tires!

If I had a lift and didn't just buy 4 new tires for my stock rims I'd take you up on that. Got way more money going out these days then coming in. :icon_lol:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some guys have all the luck....

Luck ? Nah , If you are looking for something and are ready to buy and are willng to travel or pay what it costs for shipping you might want to mention it to Tom. He keeps up on things!:gr_grin::gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online