What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sat in the garage for 2 weeks, while I was in Alaska!
Beautiful country, if you've never been, GO!!!
I will be uploading pics and posting a photobucket link, for anyone interested.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sat in the garage for 2 weeks, while I was in Alaska!
Beautiful country, if you've never been, GO!!!
I will be uploading pics and posting a photobucket link, for anyone interested.

I'm interested!

Have a niece in Ketchikan who wants us to visit next summer - I'd love to take her up on the offer :waytogo:

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing. I spent the day prepping this...started on the rotisserie, finished on the grates:

You must be registered for see images attach

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent an hour and a half washing and waxin today went smooth gotta love getting a clean jeep dirty or vice versa.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got almost to Knoxville before I had to stop for the night. Actually, tried to stop earlier, but hotels are full up! Ended up at a rat hole 'America's Best Value' who charged way too much for their last room. It was either this or not sleep, and that's not an option.

Anyway, learned some things about my Jeep.

1) It's a really good highway cruiser. Mileage is OK, about 19mpg at 75mph.
2) My cruise control is an ass. It allows almost a 5mph drop below the set speed, then goes 5mph over to compensate.
3) Do not turn off OD if at 70mph. I thought it was shifting out of OD on some of the hills, but no, it was just the converter unlocking. Turning off OD resulted in 3400 RPMs.
4) My Cruise Control seems to downshift going DOWN hill?!

Seriously, is it supposed to do #4? Because it freaked me out.

So far everything is working fine. Was really surprised to see how much moisture forms on the AC lines under the hood.

Not really sure what you are complaining about or if you aren't why make a big deal. Pretty much the way they work.
#4 yes they seem to be holding you back, just like it should
#3 3400 RPMs won't hurt them at all if thats what you are worried about
#1 mine runs best at 75, best mileage is about that at 21.5-22 most times, sometimes average more

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested!

Have a niece in Ketchikan who wants us to visit next summer - I'd love to take her up on the offer :waytogo:

Bob

Got tickets via Orbitz, just under $600ea round trip to Erie to Anchorage. Select your date and then select dates near your selected. For about 2 weeks either way from when you want to go, they have lots of options. Don't grab first one, they change.
We rented the RV from A&M rentals, $150/day, they had no bad reviews, and we had a great experience with them, just waiting on deposit/insurance refund to be sure they don't charge us any extra.
August 20 is the end of tourist season, rental rates drop 50%, and souvenirs are 50% off, did I mention I'm cheap?
Food is about 1/3 more, but no taxes. Gas was about the same near Anchorage, $.30 more in Fairbanks. People are VERY friendly.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheeled the b***h!

Everything has been working really good with the new suspension setup and regeared/Arb'd axles, so we headed up to Beasley's knob. First real wheeling trip I've done in the Kj, so I was pretty anxious. That Hill is way steeper than it looks, and you go thru a small Creek right at the bottom. It's slick, and your rear drivers tire drops down in a rut, and my front tire was said to be "about a foot off the ground." My rig definitely surprised me, loving the 4.10's, ARB's, & OBA. Aired down to 15psi, and aired back up pretty quickly considering the size of my tank.

Rig did great, no funny noises, and it still drives straight so I'm happy. Wheeled with a TJ on 31's, TJ on 33's, an Xj on 31's, all locked f&r. Took it kinda easy until I get some sliders, but I could still see some jaws dropping in the rear view mirror. Didn't get many pics due to my phone dying, but we all had a blast. Easily taking a line where both of the TJ's pulled cable in my "Mall Rig" with 2 kids watching Bob the Builder in luxury(compared to a TJ lol) was priceless.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 3,000 mile tattoo. When the cat/con can audibly sizzle, the oil is warm enough to swap. Note to self- use new gauging technique in 3k miles...[emoji12]

5 fresh quarts and filter- Mobil1 thanks to the latest special from the parts house.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scbenoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
load my son's stuff in and on it

Loaded my son's stuff in and on it and took him back to university

good trip

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 3,000 mile tattoo. When the cat/con can audibly sizzle, the oil is warm enough to swap. Note to self- use new gauging technique in 3k miles...[emoji12]

5 fresh quarts and filter- Mobil1 thanks to the latest special from the parts house.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Good one! I usually try to keep my body parts away from hot metal.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
slapped the 'plowing' magnetic signs on it. :D

also got stung like 6 times when I accidentally mowed over a bee's nest in the yard.
#)_$#)%#)$(#%)#*$)*%)$*#)#@)#!!!!!!

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
slapped the 'plowing' magnetic signs on it. :D

also got stung like 6 times when I accidentally mowed over a bee's nest in the yard.
#)_$#)%#)$(#%)#*$)*%)$*#)#@)#!!!!!!

I have had four wasp stings in four months carrying the mail. Thankfully have not had a bee attack yet, came close too close.

Members online

No members online now.