What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked out some back roads and a local park.

You must be registered for see images

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't suppose you can point me in the right direction?

Thought I had booked marked some of those pages but coming up empty.

Can start w/ torque app's forum.
Forums — Torque

I some how remember 2005 was the lower limit.
I could be imagining things.
Sorry if I got your hopes high.

Most of the info are for JKs but I would think they aren' that far apart.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some running before taking off on vacation...

Came out of the store and found someone had stolen my "Liberty" spare tire cover. WTF.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is this is the SECOND one that's disappeared! I mean seriously, what the hell?

WTF seriously...
those things are not cheap either.

I've just been buying the cheap Chinese ones off Amazon, they go for about $20 and fit halfway decently. :shrug:

Takes a while to get them though, estimated delivery is the 1st to the 20th... of October. :blah:

People are ****.

Agreed!

Anyway. Got the Jeep washed today. I'm a little concerned because a couple drops of water formed on my overhead console. :favorites68:

I'm guessing it came in around the sun roof? It doesn't seem to leak in the rain, so that's good, just under high pressure jets. Will have to keep an eye on it.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway. Got the Jeep washed today. I'm a little concerned because a couple drops of water formed on my overhead console. :favorites68:

I'm guessing it came in around the sun roof? It doesn't seem to leak in the rain, so that's good, just under high pressure jets. Will have to keep an eye on it.

You could use my strategy and just never wash it. :happy175:

I'm exaggerating but I could count the times I washed it this past year on one hand. Too much to do and too little time.

Did drive mine all week and to pick up a battery for my Subaru (catastrophic failure of a 10 year old Interstate) but no KJ play time. Good thing just driving it makes me happy. :gr_grin:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re; stolen spare cover, customer comes in. "My hubcaps missing, where can I get one"? "At WalMart". "Ya mean WalMart sells hubcaps"? " No, I mean you drive around in the parking lot till ya find one like ya need, then hop out and snatch it, just like the last S O B did".

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some running before taking off on vacation...

Came out of the store and found someone had stolen my "Liberty" spare tire cover. WTF.

Yup someone stole my original Gadsden when I was getting my hair cut. I locked my replacement so if they want it, they have to cut the band making it useless.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can relate...my wife's XJ had a very special "Camp Jeep 2002" spare tire cover when they held the event in rural Missouri...and wouldn't you know it we went to the county fair near Springfield, Missouri and some moron stole it in the parking lot...my wife still misses that...I hope one day it self-ignites and scares them spitless....

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re; stolen spare cover, customer comes in. "My hubcaps missing, where can I get one"? "At WalMart". "Ya mean WalMart sells hubcaps"? " No, I mean you drive around in the parking lot till ya find one like ya need, then hop out and snatch it, just like the last S O B did".

That's what's referred to as "midnight auto supply". ;)

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just been buying the cheap Chinese ones off Amazon, they go for about $20 and fit halfway decently. :shrug:

And the cheap half fitting covers can blow off going down the highway, I've had it happen and didn't see when it took sail.
Unless you specifically looked at yours when you parked to know it was there, Mr. windbag could have taken it away.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the cheap half fitting covers can blow off going down the highway, I've had it happen and didn't see when it took sail.
Unless you specifically looked at yours when you parked to know it was there, Mr. windbag could have taken it away.

It was on their when I parked it, and had been in there for 6 months almost. Of course, I hadn't had any serious highway trips, so there is a chance it would have come off anyway.

I has a sad. Tried to get my AppRadio to accept the Chromecast signal from my smart phone. AppRadio is working fine and shows the Chromecast screen, but the phone refuses to connect. After some further research, my phone is only listed as a 'maybe' for compatibility. :favorites68:

Might be time to upgrade it. It's a Galaxy SII, so it's a few years out of date. :icon_lol:

Hoping the new Nexus 5 comes out soon.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got brakes done today. Right front caliper was hanging up and squawking for the last month. Time to remedy before it decided to lock up.

-installed new complete front right caliper (rebuilt)
-cleaned, inspected and greased left front caliper
-Installed two new front rotors
-installed two new front brake hoses
-installed two speed bleeders in front calipers (bleeders w- check valves built in). Supply was out of rear SBs
-flushed brake fluid with fresh

-------------------------------------------------
(before/prep)

------------------------------------------------
(After)
Right Front:

Left Front:

Vacuum draining fluid (notice debri in tubing):

old fluid (7 years of breakdown, moisture absorption and contamination)

Old Fluid:

Now flushed:

Oil and filter picked up when returning my caliper core. Tomorrow? [emoji106]

-H4x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change had to save some $$$ autozone had a deal for castol high mileage and a bosch premium filter had to do it. I usually run castrol dino but not a bosch filter who knows 3k miles it will be out. Hope my funds are better off by then.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change had to save some $$$ autozone had a deal for castol high mileage and a bosch premium filter had to do it. I usually run castrol dino but not a bosch filter who knows 3k miles it will be out. Hope my funds are better off by then.

Ya the last bosch (pronouced bol-scht) I ran the oil came out with tons of dirt and other stuff in it. After 3K dump it!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the last bosch (pronouced bol-scht) I ran the oil came out with tons of dirt and other stuff in it. After 3K dump it!

I always do my changes at 3k sonetimes sooner. Only takes me about 2 months to get there.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I cant believe the oil grunge that came from my Kj at 2500 miles before.
Even with full synthetics, the oil works hard. 3500 miles is about as far as I will take the oil.
I have switched from the Napa gold oil filter to Mobil1, hoping the oil stays cleaner longer.
53398[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Also clean is my Jeep today. A good soap & sponge bath was required.
Had not washed KJ in a month. Had to really scrub to get the pronounced bird sheet off. :icon_lol:

Attachments

• Jeep%20M1%20209%20oil%20filter.jpg
    Jeep%20M1%20209%20oil%20filter.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got almost to Knoxville before I had to stop for the night. Actually, tried to stop earlier, but hotels are full up! Ended up at a rat hole 'America's Best Value' who charged way too much for their last room. It was either this or not sleep, and that's not an option.

Anyway, learned some things about my Jeep.

1) It's a really good highway cruiser. Mileage is OK, about 19mpg at 75mph.
2) My cruise control is an ass. It allows almost a 5mph drop below the set speed, then goes 5mph over to compensate.
3) Do not turn off OD if at 70mph. I thought it was shifting out of OD on some of the hills, but no, it was just the converter unlocking. Turning off OD resulted in 3400 RPMs.
4) My Cruise Control seems to downshift going DOWN hill?!

Seriously, is it supposed to do #4? Because it freaked me out.

So far everything is working fine. Was really surprised to see how much moisture forms on the AC lines under the hood.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
4) My Cruise Control seems to downshift going DOWN hill?!

Seriously, is it supposed to do #4? Because it freaked me out.

Never noticed the KJ doing that but I definitely have had other vehicles (at least two) do it when trying to maintain a speed on a steep decline. Surprised me too. I may just never have been in that situation in the KJ.

Yes on the don't shut the OD off while doing like 70. I did that once too for the same reason. At least now I know it wasn't downshifting. :icon_lol: