What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't find anything loose, so I decided to squirt some extra grease into the upper ball joints. passenger side took quite a few pumps before it started weeping from the pressure hole on the back. hope I didn't **** up the joint.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the back glass lift struts, adjusted the e-brake, replace the crappy license plate screws with stainless steel, and added an extra receiver hitch lock since I had to buy an 8" extention so the bike rack could clear the spare tire...and drank four craft beers while admiring it from the porch...

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didn't find anything loose, so I decided to squirt some extra grease into the upper ball joints. passenger side took quite a few pumps before it started weeping from the pressure hole on the back. hope I didn't **** up the joint.

As long as you didn't pop the the boot you should be fine.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm more worried I might have run the joint while dry and damaged it. the weep hole on the back of the boot is a nice touch though. never seen that before. (possibly shows how often I've had to deal with booted joints with zerk fittings in the past 20+ years.)

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is keep an eye on it for the time. Not much else you can do aside replacement but if anything it probably wasn't dry for long if the noise just started.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's what I'm hoping. I'm not even through a full tank of gas yet since the parts were installed.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 old worn out Infinity speakers with Alpine Type S 6.5" speakers, They were 60% off on boxing day, Topped up tire pressure, Checked all fluids and air filter then drove up to the mountains and enjoyed a cigar!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Seventeen - Eleven- Seventy One- good numbers..~!
Can you use include those numbers in a lottery ticket?
I know if I won, I could then have a whole fleet of Jeeps! :icon_lol:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bob, I noticed above your odometer it says "Type 35". When the sun hits mine just right it says "Type 43". Anyone know what the heck that means? :shrug:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bob, I noticed above your odometer it says "Type 35". When the sun hits mine just right it says "Type 43". Anyone know what the heck that means? :shrug:

Yep, it's just the model number of the dash & gauge system. Mine's an '03 and yours is an '05 so different model numbers. Kind of distracting but guess it's the best way Chrysler could figure out to place a model number on the gauge cluster :emotions34:

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how many different #/ Type dashes are through the KJ model years?
Mine is in KM/Export & reads # 33.
51339[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

What the F are Nib-Sh** catchers? Tom have you been drinking?

Attachments

• JeepDashType33.jpg
    JeepDashType33.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
More like Rolling, Wobbling, Rocky Mountain Edition.
I think one of my heavier balance weights went flying off on the way back on last highway trip.
A bit of 60 mph shimmy going on, from the rear. Time to get it back on a balancer again.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many different #/ Type dashes are through the KJ model years?
Mine is in KM/Export & reads # 33.

Type 33 is the KMH version 2002-04
Type 35 is the MPH version 2002-04
Type 43 is the MPH version 2005-07
I would presume there's a KPH one for 05-07 as well....#?
02-04 has white faced gauges, speedo on the right side, tach on left.
05-07 has black faced gauges, speedo on the left side, tach on right.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wife was in the jeep today. clunk was still there. both of us now think it might be coming from the back.

what are the normal symptoms of a failing/failed tri-link? especially post OME lift.