What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My day was even less exciting than that. Filled washer fluid with Rainx, which is alleged to be good to -25F, and put a pint of SeaFoam gas treatment in the tank along with a fill up.

I need to go somewhere fun. Maybe I'll hit the 7-11 for a Big Gulp tomorrow. (Yes, my life has come to that...) :blah:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it for the first time in a week. Finally decided to go out and brave being with humans again.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it. want to finish this tank then get the alignment checked again.

Noticed a characteristic that was happening before the lift... there's no "center" to the steering. wondering if there aren't other parts I should replace that have worn out.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it feel great to drive it again?
Felt real great,nice to have my a$$ off the ground again when driving.Poeple now get out of my way,they didn't when in the Town Car.

Glad to hear, My KJ was in the shop for 2 weeks and I went crazy without it, Couldn't imagine 9 months without it.
Yeah got the call at 3:30pm and at 3:31pm I was on my way to pick it up,left work 2.5 hours early.

thx. drive that beast with passion!
go out and take pix of it doing what it does best.
Sorry no wheeling,most of the trails are snow packed now and a few minor things need to be fixed like new brakes(super rusted why I don't know) and some other minor things from sitting for a long time.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it yesterday to the grocery store. Made sure to park next to a CRV so my KJ looked intimidating

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the parking spot where it normally sits. It went back to the shop again b/c gears on the drive side were abnormally wearing in the rear diff. Awaiting new parts. I can't wait to be back off the ground. Driving a compact car low to the ground is for the birds.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She developed a squeak on the drivers side (I know it's the sway bar bushings). I'll get to that when I start opening my window in the spring again. Also my fog lights stopped working. Luckily it will be warm and I can trace some wiring. I have a pretty good idea where the problem is.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got rid of the rattling noise, so simple cheap easy fix to your map light buttons on the basic map lights if you hear a rather annoying rattle from the top right, take two poster adhesive pads put them one on top of the other, place them under the crown of the map light button with it pushed in, do this for both buttons for uniformity make sure the map light unit is pulled back as far as it can go after placed back up (You do not need to take the lens off you can just lightly pull it down intact) and boom rattling noise gone!

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a Slip Grip holder for the iPhone 6 with Otterbox and a Ram short arm single base mount along with a Panavise mount for the 02-07 KJ's.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've debated doing something like that to mount a tablet in there. Haven't done it yet because I A) Need roaming access and B) Don't know how much I'd use it anyway.

I like the concept. :waytogo:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've debated doing something like that to mount a tablet in there. Haven't done it yet because I A) Need roaming access and B) Don't know how much I'd use it anyway.

Just picked up a tablet with GPS, I'll let you know how it fits:gr_grin:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's lots of dashboard real estate above the center vents.
Anything out there that is not a friction pad to utilize that space?

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm just going to go with a windshield mount, the cubby hole under the HVAC does its job since I don't travel far with the Jeep only to and from work or to the store. But I want to have full phone access when I travel in Feb.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to go with a windshield mount, the cubby hole under the HVAC does its job since I don't travel far with the Jeep only to and from work or to the store. But I want to have full phone access when I travel in Feb.

Check out the RAM windshield mount. Works awesome. Its metal, made in USA, and holds strong!

Members online