What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Awww... that *****. :( You didn't even have it broken in yet!

I look forward to the resurrection thread. :D

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished friends roof rack/cage for his TJ

Also, after much deliberation, youtube watching and discussions with those you have done it...I plasti-dipped my chrome clad (chrome on plastic) aluminum wheels. It was a concession with the wife (who likes the chrome look). For the $30 of plasti-dip (one can per wheel=7coats), if it didn't look good or we want to go back to the chrome, I can just peel it off and it was an alternate solution to buying new wheels. I have to say it turned out very nice and I will post some pics when the WX permits.

Monday I am starting my roof rails and my friends rock sliders.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to suggest to Chrysler owners who had chrome wheels since they peel horribly especially in the North and cause bead leaks terribly, to just get them powder coated.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Now for a moment of silence................................

It went out in a blaze of glory...

Still in limbo if it will get something special or another 3.7,we will see.

I send my condolences but like TheBlueKJ said, I look forward to some interesting updates.

Knowing him I'm sure we will be in for a treat!

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electrical problems play hide-and-seek and just say "I'm broke - now come and find me." :emotions33:

Yep when it's an intermittent short you get all kinds of lovely indications. Troubleshooting broken wires on jets is always a pain in the butt.:gunner:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I washed the KJ and found a new dent in the hood...must be from the hockey puck that hit it yesterday. Maybe I should park farther away for the rink.:think:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I washed the KJ and found a new dent in the hood...must be from the hockey puck that hit it yesterday. Maybe I should park farther away for the rink.:think:

I also decided that I need to powdercoat the wheels as the Duplicolor paint is really flaking and they are getting rusty. I'm also going to do the tow hooks and rear hitch at the same time.

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Well want to make the jeep louder.i have a flowmaster super44 on but need somethin a bit louder at idle. Any ideas

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Well want to make the jeep louder.i have a flowmaster super44 on but need somethin a bit louder at idle. Any ideas

I've got a Borla dual cat back. Not sure it'd be louder than what you have at idle but really roars when you get it up to about 4000 RPMs. :emotions33:

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score

Time to switch to badminton. Shuttlecocks leave no dents and the players have all their teeth.:roflbow:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed OEM behind-grille fog lights in my 07.
couple things regarding the directions...
  • the ground wire isn't where they think it is, and where it should go is impossible to access without taking the entire nose apart and pulling the power steering cooler lines.
  • the harness feed wire (light blue), why didn't they supply it with the correct pin and give instructions on how to take the body connector apart? the wire they want you to solder on to, the corresponding opening in the other plug is vacant. it could have been patched in that way with out cutting/soldering/wrapping.
  • the relay installation is wrong. the socket to put the relay in is one over. the instructed socket is already occupied.
if it weren't for all that I would have been done about 2 hours ago, instead of doing diagnostics thinking I had things incorrectly connected.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to switch to badminton. Shuttlecocks leave no dents and the players have all their teeth.:roflbow:

I tried beach volleyball, but getting those little pants on was tough. :shakehead:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove mine today for a change
answered questions again at the gas station as to the make and model, typical response " well never seen one lookin' like that " Not sure what they would say with one like, say Troys.......:Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove mine today for a change
answered questions again at the gas station as to the make and model, typical response " well never seen one lookin' like that " Not sure what they would say with one like, say Troys.......:Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Yeah most could not believe mine KJ is actually a Liberty,some refuse to believe it.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Electronic Technician CPO as an instructor in Nuke School who said the difference between a mechanical problem and an electrical problem is that the mechanical problem has the courtesy to smoke/grind/clank or otherwise tell you where it is. Electrical problems play hide-and-seek and just say "I'm broke - now come and find me." :emotions33:

Had an electrician tell me years ago that the best way to find a problem is to divide the circuit in half. If you find power at the half way point, divide in half again (3/4) toward the load and so on.... Don't find power at the half way mark divide in half again (1/4) toward the source. Makes electrical trouble shooting very quick and easy.

Alan