What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How often do you do that? Periodically, or just as needed?
All depends if they make noise wash them good and reinstall
too many throw out good bushings thinking they are solving the issue when they could save $$$ by cleaning their old ones
Mine have 190,000 on them, no noise ever, and still are good ( or were 3000 miles ago) I have three sets on the shelf but why install them?? :icon_smile:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just as needed. If you get a creaky noise when you hit bumps then it's time to replace them.

I'm assuming creaky noises from my knees and lower back don't count. eek2dance.gif

(Thanks for the quick answer, and all the others, too.) :)

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my first Steiger window regulator replacement on the 06 Reny(right rear).
Was a simple job,but at $150 ca delivered.($99-part,$28 shipping,$21 tax @ 15%) I hope the other 3 hold out.
Funny thing, my 07 has the 7yr extended warranty but the 06 does not and never did.
Is that something you pay for?

Gyro

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday I got stuck for the first time ever...

...And flooded the inside a bit for the first time ever as well.

1BADKJ should have a picture somewhere if he comes back on here!

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the engine oil, then cracked open the rear diff, cleaned it out and changed the oil back there. It was way overdue...

Adjusted the headlights on the wife's XJ too. They were basically pointing at the ground 5ft in front of the Jeep.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got finished installing a new right side CV axle...

I was going to recheck the torque on the JBA arms and when I moved over to the passenger side I saw blue/green grease flung all over the wheel well. Looked underneath and the inner CV boot ripped off the clamp on the outboard side and grease was flying everywhere. Thankfully a NAPA near me had one in stock so I grabbed it and threw it in. Lifetime warranty meant all I was out was my time and some aggravation at having to replace it after only 20,000 miles or so.

Good news - the splines on the intermediate shaft look perfect on both ends.

Bob

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered third set of wheels today getting them installed in a few hrs at Discount/America's tire. the aluminum MB Razors are rubbing the lower ball joint bolt end when turning. I had to get the Black steel Cragar 15x8 with 4" BS this the third set Im trying hope these work. I really liked the MB's to bad but im not grinding off a couple threads to make them fit

TheGateII

Reaction score
Got my check engine code doing the.... (back-forward, back-forward, back-forward) key trick.

I won a P0420 code. :winner_third_h4h:

Smells like O2 sensors or cat. converter job :mad3:

Latest posts

Members online