What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
canada yay!!!

Some great guy stopped me on the road and told me one of my brake light was down. So, came home and voila, new brake light fully functional :D

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to and from Harrisburg to drop off the red-headed stepchild at her mom's for the week :icon_razz:

Got 21.2 for the trip ;)

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was crawling around under when I changed the front diff fluid again and noticed that there was some oil on the bell housing. I wiped it off and checked again today. Whadya know it's back again. Any ideas where this could be coming from?
You must be registered for see images

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was crawling around under when I changed the front diff fluid again and noticed that there was some oil on the bell housing. I wiped it off and checked again today. Whadya know it's back again. Any ideas where this could be coming from?

Most of the time the first thought is the rear main seal is leaking. But the oil sending unit above the filter can have a slight leak that runs down the top edge of the oil pan, runs toward the rear and then drips off the bellhousing plate. Also check the valve cover gaskets back by the firewall.

Bob

TheGateII

Reaction score
Finaly replaced my sway bar bushings :party36:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

It was so easy it only took 1 beer :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGateII

Reaction score
Are those Moog bushings? Mine are blue...I've never seen the red ones.

No, they came in a box identified as TRW brand. It looks like an aftermarket parts distributor in Canada.

They were made by these RAMCOA guys located at Linden NJ; Ramcoa • Manufacturer of Suspension Parts • Home Page

I ordered these at my local Canadian Tire store and took what they use to call their "Nascar" series witch is their highest quality stuff. I believe they put the "Nascar" branding on anything 1 notch higher than the cheapest :shrug:

I don't know exactly of what material they're made of. I may look at it if I went into some trouble with it them but I’m not really expecting troubles, looks like it's the good stuff.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet they'll be just fine. Wouldn't worry about it! Just wondering, what did you pay? My Moog ones were $15 for the pair.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just as needed. If you get a creaky noise when you hit bumps then it's time to replace them.

TheGateII

Reaction score
How often do you do that? Periodically, or just as needed?

My KJ have some strange sway behavior on highway so, before to get it alligned with new tires, i replace as much (weird looking bushings) as i can. Those were prety easy to get and install. :33: