What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it and its even higher now
After removing the ARB the other day everytime I drive mine now it growing :wtf2:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I slammed my KJ on a stump and bent up the unibody in the front. Long story short I had to duck out into the woods on the side of the road to avoid an accident... :icon_cry:

Glad you are ok and I hope the damage is real minor.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:bawl:

That sux:icon_sad:

Oh no ... how bad?

Seemed a lot worse at the time than it does now. I don't think it's too bad.

Damn, sorry to hear that. :icon_frown:

Glad you are ok and I hope the damage is real minor.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Yeah I was just a bit shaken up but I'm definitely OK!

Luckily no body damage. I hit that front crossmember thing directly under the engine. Funny enough it seems to have corrected my steering wheel alignment. Drives straight as an arrow. That leads me to believe it might have pulled the lower control arms forward just a really small and unnoticeable amount. Can't seem to see any damage elsewhere. All bolts seem to be in place. The crossmember seems to have given enough to take all of the blow. Don't see any noticeable camber or toe either. Sway bar also looks like it got hit but seems straight. Although admittedly it looks a little bent in both of those pictures.

Pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

May or may not take a heat gun and a mallet to it this weekend.

Oh and I wheeled it some yesterday just because.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seemed a lot worse at the time than it does now. I don't think it's too bad... I hit that front crossmember thing directly under the engine.

May or may not take a heat gun and a mallet to it this weekend.

Oh and I wheeled it some yesterday just because.

You need skids!! Would have taken some of the hit on the crossmember and maybe helped you slide over the stump.

But hey, these Jeeps are pretty bulletproof - as you proved by going wheeling again. Nice! :driver:

Bob

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid in full. Even got a refund check back from the bank for paying it off early.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted my Roof Rack and made some stencils that say Jeep and KJ which I painted in yellow to match the front D-Rings. I think it gives it a nice custom touch instead of just plain black :happy107:
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
installed a new water pump, thermostat, serp belt, and belt tensioner, the ease of this made me love my jeep even more.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted my Roof Rack and made some stencils that say Jeep and KJ which I painted in yellow to match the front D-Rings. I think it gives it a nice custom touch instead of just plain black :happy107:

That's awesome! Nice work :waytogo:

Bob

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rear brakes. Too rusty to pass inspection…ugh. Same as the fronts; Power Stop Evolution ceramic pads, Bendix rotors.

Out with the old...

In with the new…

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rear brakes. Too rusty to pass inspection…ugh. Same as the fronts; Power Stop Evolution ceramic pads, Bendix rotors.

Out with the old...

In with the new…
Did all that work and didn't bother to change the brake hardware:slap:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't have it here. Have to do the parking brake shoes & hardware soon enough. The calipers have surface rust but otherwise are in really good shape (boots aren't torn and are still supple, pins are rust-free and have plenty of brake lube, etc). So my plan is to get the shoes & hardware kit and rust convert and paint the calipers when I deal with that in the near future.

Parking brake shoes aren't on the MD inpection list, though almost everything else is.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't have it here. Have to do the parking brake shoes & hardware soon enough. The calipers have surface rust but otherwise are in really good shape (boots aren't torn and are still supple, pins are rust-free and have plenty of brake lube, etc). So my plan is to get the shoes & hardware kit and rust convert and paint the calipers when I deal with that in the near future.

Parking brake shoes aren't on the MD inpection list, though almost everything else is.

Parking brake shoes might not be - you'll be ok as long as the parking brake functions

Latest posts

Members online