The Lady

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great!
I got to look into my driver side front brakes.
Started to make that screeching noise at the starting part of the braking.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0171. Cleared it and it came back. Looks like I have some cleaning to do.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body. Engine light went off on its own. Bonus:Removed a mouse nest from under my resonator box... since my Jeep gets driven every day I'm curious when they put that there haha

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the mice in Massachusetts don't fool around when it comes to construction projects. They could teach the highway road maintenance department in Cleveland a thing or two.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That code (P0171) indicates a lean condition on the left/driver's side bank. Check all your vacuum hoses, especially the ones back against the firewall. The largest one at the very back of the cylinder head typically splits right at the fitting on the cylinder head and creates a vacuum loss.

That code - and it's brother P0174 for the right bank - are a pain to track down and fix. It's possible it's an O2 sensor going bad but most likely a vacuum leak.

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That code (P0171) indicates a lean condition on the left/driver's side bank. Check all your vacuum hoses, especially the ones back against the firewall. The largest one at the very back of the cylinder head typically splits right at the fitting on the cylinder head and creates a vacuum loss.

That code - and it's brother P0174 for the right bank - are a pain to track down and fix. It's possible it's an O2 sensor going bad but most likely a vacuum leak.

Bob
Thanks for the info! I know I have a vacuum leak due to when I'm going uphill in a high gear my defrost kicks on. Time to really get looking and possibly smoking! I know what I am doing tomorrow....

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then....
You must be registered for see images attach

Going to clear the code and see what happens.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crankcase breather tube. Not my issue though. Went to clear the code and p0131 came up. Bank 1 sensor 1. Ran to napa and picked up the sensor, ntk of course. Now I'm taking my skids off and letting the exhaust cool down

Latest posts

Members online