The Lady

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

She's naked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave.

Plans for the future
-ALS a arms... Mine are maxed out at 21" in the front.
-Clevis lift and/or spacer in the front ISOs in the rear
-rock lizard tortoise skid and possibly skinks
-modify push bar to be front recovery point (in progress)
-recall for the gas tank being behind the axle so a hitch to be rear recovery point.
-fix the airbag light coming on intermittently (in progress) already had the recall for the Orv circuit done.

-GET DIRTY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I got a good one for you guys. I wish I had a good mechanic friend who can come hear what I hear. When I start driving and its cold there is like a crunchy sound. Almost like rusty metal on metal. I checked all front end components and their torques. Also have a shake in the steering wheel above 65. I'm thinking hub or the CV i replaced didn't get greased enough. When I get a chance I am going to remove the front drive shaft and go for a ride but until then... thoughts? Critiques? Scolding? I'll take what I can get.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I got a good one for you guys. I wish I had a good mechanic friend who can come hear what I hear. When I start driving and its cold there is like a crunchy sound. Almost like rusty metal on metal. I checked all front end components and their torques. Also have a shake in the steering wheel above 65. I'm thinking hub or the CV i replaced didn't get greased enough. When I get a chance I am going to remove the front drive shaft and go for a ride but until then... thoughts? Critiques? Scolding? I'll take what I can get.

Hmmm, a crunchy metal on metal sound. I've never heard that sound on mine before (and I've had some weird ones, lemme tell ya...) so I'm just gonna agree with you that it's probably in the front driveshaft...

Does the sound change with the increase in rotational sound? If so then it could be a hub or CV - but I think it's probably the usual suspect on the T-case end of the front driveshaft. That bloody thing has it's own mind and creates some really weird noises. Have you replaced it before?

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, a crunchy metal on metal sound. I've never heard that sound on mine before (and I've had some weird ones, lemme tell ya...) so I'm just gonna agree with you that it's probably in the front driveshaft...

Does the sound change with the increase in rotational sound? If so then it could be a hub or CV - but I think it's probably the usual suspect on the T-case end of the front driveshaft. That bloody thing has it's own mind and creates some really weird noises. Have you replaced it before?

Bob

Ya I replaced it this summer. Wonder if I didn't grease it enough. I put a ton in and pushed it in all around. I will find out probably Thursday. That bloody skid plate has to come off for me to look. Haha

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So took it all apart. Front driveshaft is now sitting on the workbench. Went for a ride and there is still a shake but not as bad. More than one problem? CV actually looks fine. I have no idea now and I am frustrated. Snow is coming as well....

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So took it all apart. Front driveshaft is now sitting on the workbench. Went for a ride and there is still a shake but not as bad. More than one problem? CV actually looks fine. I have no idea now and I am frustrated. Snow is coming as well....

Tcase?? :disgust:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to start cheap and easy. Going to get my tire balance checked tomorrow and going to do the rear u joint after. (It's the original and over 100k miles) I hope it's not the tcase. I haven't heard the crunch sound in a week drive shaft or not so whatever that was it is gone. Probably salt or just the jeep acclimating to the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to start cheap and easy. Going to get my tire balance checked tomorrow and going to do the rear u joint after. (It's the original and over 100k miles) I hope it's not the tcase. I haven't heard the crunch sound in a week drive shaft or not so whatever that was it is gone. Probably salt or just the jeep acclimating to the cold.

Solid. Glad to hear it! (biggthumpup)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another tire off balance! Got off cheap again.... I feel like my luck is going to run out eventually haha. I am still going to do the rear U-Joint when the weather warms up but until then I don't have to!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what I did today. I'll give you a hint.

czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4605-img-0926.jpg

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ha! Now I understand the reason for the PM I just answered. Looks great! :D

That seems to be the 4' antenna. I put mine on in place of the 3' one as soon as I didn't need to park downtown any more.

EDIT: Should have asked - how was the installation and how well does it work for you? :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The install was cake!! I actually routed the antenna cable through the hole in the top of the inside behind the brake light. No drilling needed for that. The bracket on the other hand seems to be in some light metal and bends slightly even with the spring attached. I am going to look into accessing the back of that in the spring. More pictures to come but my computer is being difficult.

Edit: Oh! and I am going to definitely dremel out part of the brake light to make it fit a little better. Plus I got one more surprise that I did not install yet. A PA speaker! This could be bad...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
PA speaker could be very cool. When I was a teenager in the 70s I had one and used to drive through the school parking lot making a nuisance of myself. I can see it being put to good purpose if you were in a remote area camping and wanted to call everyone in for dinner or something.

Like you, once spring gets here it will be dremel time and I'll get those other two screws installed. The holes are already there and tapped out, since I had all four screws in there before I noticed the ridge on the back of the taillight. I almost went for the hole under that square tape behind the taillight, which is what I assume you used. It would have made the part that turned out to take the longest a lot easier if I knew for sure it had a channel to the inside of the Jeep.

I think the mount could stand up to a pretty large amount of flexing before it had a problem. I figured if I whacked anything hard enough that close I would probably have bigger problems than the bracket. When I first installed the thing one of my goals was to make it easy to move it without having any visible holes in the body of the Jeep if it didn't work out.

You did a great job with it. I've been surprised how many compliments I have received about mine, so expect the same. :D

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes that square hole in the back leads to the inside. I was able to just pull the interior apart a little and put my hand in then push through the wire with the other. (Granted I got stuck once but that's besides the point)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Now THAT is a PA speaker! :waytogo:

How are you liking having the CB mounted there? Any complaints from passengers? I still have mine wedged between the passenger seat and the center console. It fits well there and is out of the way, but it's hard to see while driving. Yours looks good where it is. :favorites13:

How about the performance of the CB itself?