The Lady

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far no complaints. I don't have passengers often but there is plenty of leg room. I couldn't fit it in between the seats just not enough room. Can still reach it safely where it is. Haven't ran at night yet to see if its blaring in my face.

Good range on the CB so far. Weather band is awesome!! Haven't had a full highway test yet.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what I did today. I'll give you a hint.

czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4605-img-0926.jpg

Late to this conversation but your question and picture just struck me as funny.

My answer was going to be, "You bought a really strong antenna that can hold up your house's roof..." :laughing1:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's like Christmas! If it ever gets warmer I have stuff to do. The shovel, quick fists, torx fold, and the flares are all made in USA. The strap and sub isn't but they will do. And trying to find everything made here is hard!!

I am slowly building my recovery kit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound Ordnance isn't expensive but they're great for the money. Put a set of 6.5" in the front doors of my Astro and was blown away by the sound - at $50 for the pair!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound Ordnance isn't expensive but they're great for the money. Put a set of 6.5" in the front doors of my Astro and was blown away by the sound - at $50 for the pair!

Ya that's the 8" powered woofer. Too cold to wire though. Will see in a while.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
January 30th. Huddled for warmth inside. Kept the Jeep plugged in to ensure a easy start. February 2nd. Outside washing her in a t-shirt. Gotta love New England!

So here are the pictures as promised from my shovel mount on the shelf as well as the hidden sub woofer.

The full shovel fits perfect. Held in place with quick fists.
czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4710-img-0970-2.jpg

I made wooden spacers so that it wouldn't touch and rattle
czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4711-img-0972-2.jpg

czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4708-img-0971-2.jpg

The sub woofer is under the rear small seat drivers side. Pardon the wiring mess I haven't gotten under there to tame it yet after the install. One thing I did encounter is that you can't fully put that seat side down with that under there. No problem though I just pull out one seat bolt bend the seat up and I can remove the subwoofer.
czarkj-albums-my-jeep-picture4709-img-0973-2.jpg

I plan on bed-lining the shelf this summer so it doesn't get all marred up whenever I touch it.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess I wasn't done with the lift after all. Going to do top plate and Clevis in the front. One spacer in back. Should level her out a bit more. Once it stops snowing next august I should be able to get it done.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warm day got something done.

Going to pull it and paint it black eventually.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well my radiator crapped the bed on the top right at 120 something thousand (just about average for replacement I have seen). Instead of taking it to the dealer as I stated earlier and I am going to use this as a learning experience (and a chance to get intimate with my lady's parts). I will try to get all the parts tomorrow from the dealer until then I am Jeepless and at the mercy of co-workers to pick my butt up for work.

So Mopar radiator, upper and lower hoses + clamps(wow mine are rusty). A stop by the local napa for some zerex-g 05 (50/50 mix actually comes up a little cheaper for 4 gallons than the full stuff). Anything I am missing? I am not doing the waterpump or thermostat at this point in time.

P.S. (I like parenthesis today)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done. Almost 2 hours.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never done one myself, but two hours sounds pretty efficient. Nice job! :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and if anyone was wondering what color their coolant from the dealer should be... and yes I used to a cooler because it was the biggest thing I could find. The width for catching overspray is just a bonus haha

Attachments

• 13833794704_6985071ce8_o.jpg
    13833794704_6985071ce8_o.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 95

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A cooler catcher is a good idea. Does it have a spigot on the bottom for easy refilling of the cooling system? ;)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't but I didn't plan on reusing this coolant due to the fact when I drained it a bunch of other stuff got mixed in with it. Don't worry I will dispose of it properly :)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished messing with the front suspension I think. 21 in front and 22.25 in the rear. Got an alignment at the dealer (was sick of the mom and pop shops saying they "did the best they could"). Got an older Jeep tech who knew his stuff and took care of her. Feels real solid now.

Last edited: