Removed the valve cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah when it comes to registering on LOST it takes an act of god and help from admins... Anyone want to chime in and help the guy out with that? It took two LOST mods that were also on here to help me get signed up over there, and even then it was like three months wait.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has LOST, lost the luster they once had? [don't mean to derail the thread]

Love seeing a post where someone wants to tear into the KJ.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, but your Avenger was also a lot more EXPEN$IVE than that KJ, and not as cool

Really? Do you actually do any research before speaking?

So, how was the Avenger MORE? In any case, I paid just UNDER 20K, because I got the last one off the show-room floor. It was discontinued in 2000, I got it in August of 2000, the LAST one in the tri-county area.

It only cost ME more, because I bought it NEW. I got this KJ thing used, at 10.5 - Less because it was used. So, no, I payed less for the Lib.

The 06' Lib sticker BASE price was about 20k, the Avenger BASE was about the same. The Avenger ES was about 22K, so yeah, the BASE model for the Lib was just over 20k, that was without the Privacy glass, moon-roof, and other options you could get. A fully loaded LIB, was more than the fully loaded Avenger ES. Of course, I had the 2000 ES... Never had a problem with it, EVER.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

So, how was the Avenger MORE? In any case, I paid just UNDER 20K, because I got the last one off the show-room floor. It was discontinued in 2000, I got it in August of 2000, the LAST one in the tri-county area.

It only cost more, because I bought it NEW.

The 06' Lib sticker BASE price was about 20k, the Avenger BASE was about the same. The Avenger ES was about 22K, so yeah, the BASE model for the Lib was just over 20k, that was without the Privacy glass, moon-roof, and other options you could get. A fully loaded LIB, was more than the fully loaded Avenger ES. Of course, I had the 2000 ES... Never had a problem with it, EVER.
Uh, Powerslave... he was talking to me. :)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Uh, Powerslave... he was talking to me. :)

Did you own an Avenger too? If he was speaking to you, oh, he said YOUR avenger was more, you owned one?.

Well, anyway, STICKER WISE, he just made a small error on pricing, '00 the Avenger ES was not more than, say, an '06 Renegade, since that would be the top of the line Liberty. Put the top of the line Lib against the ES, the LIB is more.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Right, but he just made a small error on pricing, the Avenger ES was not more than, say, a Renegade, since that would be the top of the line Liberty. Put the top of the line Lib against the ES, the LIB is more.
No, No, No....

The BOTH of us have had Avengers, remember?

Yours was a '00, mine was an '08. AND IT WAS more expensive than the cost of Shadow's KJ!

Get it now? :)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

It only cost ME more, because I bought it NEW. I got this KJ thing used, at 10.5 - Less because it was used. So, no, I payed less for the Lib.

This is hilarious.
Was referring to Marlon's '08 Avenger. Why do you always jump on the defensive? Probably because

YOUR AVENGER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JEEP ANYTHING, aside from sharing engine architecture with a former Grand Cherokee competitor.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious.
Was referring to Marlon's '08 Avenger. Why do you always jump on the defensive? Probably because

YOUR AVENGER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JEEP ANYTHING, aside from sharing engine architecture with a former Grand Cherokee competitor.

(whistle)(popcorn)

lurk.gif

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...

How's the head coming along? (now we wait for tbj to jump in. haha)

That ***** about the transmission(s).

Has anyone PM'd the guy on LOST for shadow about the valvetrain parts he has for sale? He could really use them.

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...

How's the head coming along? (now we wait for tbj to jump in. haha)

That ***** about the transmission(s).

Has anyone PM'd the guy on LOST for shadow about the valvetrain parts he has for sale? He could really use them.

Still waiting on the specialty valve spring compressor... It should be on it's way... and the transmission... I guess that sorta stuff happens... Yeah if anybody on lost could PM the gentleman on LOST, give him my email ([email protected]) so I can try to negotiate something with him... Thanks guys!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he had posted stuff for sale over here as well before, maybe someone could check? Or I could be nice and call since he lives close

Also not hard to get on LOST at all, I've got 4 or 5 on in a day or so here lately. All you have to do is ask and be nice about it! ;)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
This is hilarious.

Neither does Marlon's, if it were Chargers we were talking, then yes...

It's all straightened out, thanks for the info Marlon...

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is an update... Removed the other rocker arms (look good)... the other lash adjusters look good (still stiff)... installed new lash adjuster, put everything back together, refilled the coolant (so far, doesn't seem to be leaking anywhere), drove it around for a few miles, no misses, no hesitations (actually notice NO difference not having the chip in). Let it sit for a little bit and started it back up... engine doesn't sound as smooth in idle when first started. Rev'd engine to 2000 rpms for a few seconds and idle smoothed out (this seems to be the same every time I start it). Dumped seafoam into the oil as suggested by tjkj, drained the oil and pulled the filter... and now it's dark so it has to wait til tomorrow... need to replace the oil sender pressure unit and add oil...

but... I think there is still a problem somewhere with the engine running rich...
my thoughts... O2 sensor before catalytic converter, IAC sensor, or fuel filter...

what do you guys think?

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I think I'm ruling out the fuel filter as that really doesn't make since as to why it would be running RICH... going to have my buddy check the oil pressure, coolant pressure, and do a vacuum check on it as well... try to rule out everything before throwing sensors at it... I'm leaning more towards the O2 sensor, since it is dedicated only to cylinders 2,4,and 6... whereas I think the IAC sensor covers all 6 cylinders... if the other diagnostics check good... I think that's what I am going to change out to see if it resolves my idle problem... unless of course someone else thinks it could be something else... thanks guys

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, good that got it done; and RASPBERRIES to the people who told you otherwise!

Thinking about it, I think I'm ruling out the fuel filter as that really doesn't make since as to why it would be running RICH... going to have my buddy check the oil pressure, coolant pressure, and do a vacuum checkl on it as wel... try to rule out everything before throwing sensors at it... I'm leaning more towards the O2 sensor, since it is dedicated only to cylinders 2,4,and 6... whereas I think the IAC sensor covers all 6 cylinders... if the other diagnostics check good... I think that's what I am going to change out to see if it resolves my idle problem... unless of course someone else thinks it could be something else... thanks guys

:rolleyes:lurk.gif

Last edited: