Looking for advice / parts list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful stance. I've always ran cooper on cars, wasn't sure how their SUV tires compared.

I cannot change the wheels so maybe bump them to 245s or even try a taller 75.

Also would 4ply be acceptable ? I'm not sure what the current stock tire rating is I will have to check

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other places sell them in Aus or used to anyways
I was just on OME website no other stockist listed apart from ARB. On the vehicle selector it only lists GC and wrangler.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just on OME website no other stockist listed apart from ARB. On the vehicle selector it only lists GC and wrangler.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats funny here they list the
Cherokee XJ
Commander XK
Grand Cherokee WK / WK2 / ZJ
Liberty KJ
Liberty KK
Patroit
Wrangler JK/ TJ / YJ

If I was in Aus only one place I'd deal with and thats with Stu. ( Murchison Products.com.au )

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this rating look acceptable?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311248645236

Those are pretty decent tires

If you are going to go with 245-70-16s I would really stay at 2.5 inches of lift

The white one has 3.5 inches of lift and 245-70-16 tires on stock wheels
You must be registered for see images attach

Maroon one on the right 3.5 inches of lift, 7 inch wide wheels with 4 inches of backspacing 245-75-16 tires ( my 04 on the left with over 4inches and 265-75-16s/4.10 gearing etc)

Just examples of what certain height lifts and different size tires look like

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. I think I'm in over my head at this point.
To address the lift - I'm really not sure where exactly I'll be at. I ordered based off researching from another members thread.
Back spacing - is that what makes the tires stand out / fill out the fenders more?

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/68792332.jpg these are my wheels currently I was avoiding the taller tires only due to the negative issues listed for example poor gas mileage , incorrect speedometer, transmission hunting for gears and having to change gear ratios

I'm looking for a bolder look , better stance but still retaining somewhat of the drive ability functions

Your pictures really do look nice. The white jeep has a skinny tire look while the others seems to really fill the spaces out well

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick google search and I would hate to post a competitor site for reference but it has pictures closest to my jeep. LOST JEEPS • View topic - Frankenlift with 235s and then with 245s

Not really a competitor site, a lot of us belong to both and I'm a moderator on here and LOST.
Backspacing is what makes the wheels out farther , stock is 5 inches , so the 4 inch backspacing moves the wheel out 1 inch to the outside .
As far as driveability like I stated I would do a 2.5 with 245-70-16s very little loss of power and mileage plus have the added benefit of some lift and looking better, riding and handling better as well.
My 04 started at 2.5, shortly went to 3, then 3.75 and then 4.5 . Each inch cost more one way or another no matter what anyone says .

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
3.5 inch with 235-70-16s
another that we lifted at my place

Started out like this that day

another couple of pics of the white one we did with 245-70-16s and 3.5 inches of lift

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - they do look beautiful.
Funny I joined here because I seemed to find all my questions via google going to this site and well, I bookmarked it. Been a month of reading so I figured I would join and maybe one day I can contribute and pay back to the community

So what you're saying is - since I have stock wheels, I would need to use a spacer to bring them out IF I wanted to

In order to stay at around 2.5" I shouldn't use those JBA plates or rings ?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just get OME 927s up front and 948s in the rear it gives you 2.5" of lift over stock
IMO 3" would be the lowest I'd go, looks like it's actually lifted somewhat, no worries about UCA/spring contact and for the cheap cost it'd be to go to 3" while you have everything apart anyway why not
OME is one of the best you'll get quality wise for a KJ unless you go spending crazy money for JBAs kits

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just get OME 927s up front and 948s in the rear it gives you 2.5" of lift over stock
IMO 3" would be the lowest I'd go, looks like it's actually lifted somewhat, no worries about UCA/spring contact and for the cheap cost it'd be to go to 3" while you have everything apart anyway why not
OME is one of the best you'll get quality wise for a KJ unless you go spending crazy money for JBAs kits

I have the 927,948 springs. I have the 90009 OME and the 132L , JBA UCA for lifted applications (which I assumed was the correct one)

I also grabbed the plates and rings just in case

Basically everything for a mini overhaul bushings wise

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow - they do look beautiful.
Funny I joined here because I seemed to find all my questions via google going to this site and well, I bookmarked it. Been a month of reading so I figured I would join and maybe one day I can contribute and pay back to the community

So what you're saying is - since I have stock wheels, I would need to use a spacer to bring them out IF I wanted to

In order to stay at around 2.5" I shouldn't use those JBA plates or rings ?

If you wanted your stock wheels to sit out, then yes have to use wheel spacers . I personally don't like them but some people run them.
Yes 927/948 springs give you 2.5 inches with nothing else added

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts are coming in. The rears are stamped n132L.
Hopefully the "L" helps ;)

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So pretty much everything is here. I wasn't sure about the rears. The front has 4 spring seats 2 per side same part number.
The rear gets 4 top seats and 2 lower correct ? Any brand to avoid ?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So pretty much everything is here. I wasn't sure about the rears. The front has 4 spring seats 2 per side same part number.
The rear gets 4 top seats and 2 lower correct ? Any brand to avoid ?

Correct on the front. You will also need a mounting plate if you are not reusing your stock one. Something like this:

2002-2007 Jeep Liberty Strut Mount - Suspension - KYB, Front Left 02-07 Liberty Strut Mount - 2292-05255348 - PartsGeek

Personally I would go Mopar if I did it again. I think I went with Monroe.

For the rear...if you are going with just the BASIC lift...you don't need any spring insulators...there is one top and one bottom per side when stock which stay in place when you pull the spring out. If you want extra lift, you can add extra top insulators for about .5" per extra insulator. You can have a maximum of 2 EXTRA insulators.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Mopar upper mounts for sure for the front, if your stock ones are bad. You'd have a horrible squeaking noise if they are bad. I'm the only person I know of that has a factory one go bad.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I'm using the 927:948 springs with the OME 90009 and n132l. I have new strut mounts for the front with JBA plates and rings in case I need them.

I was curious if I needed to stack the rear or mess with the brake lines.

I have to source out a bump stop which is commonly replaced with hockey pucks

I'd like to think I have everything but double guessing myself now.
I should update the first post to
Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on what height you are going , you keep mentioning a clevis / top plate, two extra uppers etc which is going to put it into the range needing JBA UCAs
Just don't want to see you throw all of that in there and then say you can't get the alignment right on.
2.5 inches nothing but springs
3 inches top plate and one extra upper per side in the rear
3.75 inches top plate / clevis and two extra uppers per side plus JBA UCAs
Brake lines depends on year
06-07 yes you have to extend the brake lines down, takes 5 minutes to make brackets or less to make
Do you have a source for hockey pucks ? Need 4

What size clevis spacers did you order?

Last edited: