Looking for advice / parts list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I recently read the sticky and followed a thread (http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/me-my-05-limited-riding-air-60826/)
Regarding a suspension overhaul.

I would like to believe I found the right parts but had some concerns
My list so far for a stock 03 limited
ARB 90009 front (every picture of these online do not look correct)
ARB 2927 front springs
Moog 3189 / 3190 mounts
Moog k3186 seats
JBA UCAs for lifted applications
JBA strut plates
JBA rings
Moog 200161 away bushings
Moog 7391 end links

Teraflex bump stops x2

Now the rears

OME 132l - does that sound right?
ARB 2948 springs

No idea what else is needed. 50k miles everything looks old and starting to dry rot
I would like an upgrade but also a slight lift without the agony of dealing with drivetrain vibrations and wonky alignment issues

Any pointers or suggestions ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're replacing the isolaters up front then all of that info is good as far as front shocks / springs iso's etc You will need teraflex front bumpstops of course and have them listed

For the rear 948 springs are correct but they no longer make the 132L shocks from OME, need to use the Bilstein . JBA have them listed depending on how high you are going
Just with the above you'll have 2.5 inches over new stock height
2 hockey pucks per side bolted down to the spring perch in the rear for bumpstops

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Looking around I see people talk about clevis plates and spacers etc. I am really not too sure what that means or where to buy them.

So next question , wouod those be the spacers aka plate and ring that go on the bottom of the front strut or the ones under the strut mount ?

I looked at JBA upper arms next. I saw two options stock or lifted. I think I shouod choose the lifted ? Stupid question I know - but wasn't sure if that was for the larger lift kits

About the rear struts I mentioned- I'm finding them on eBay ? No idea if I need those in "long" or something else.

My gut is telling me the picture of the front struts may be generic. It shows a eyelet at the bottom of the strut instead of a flat bottom

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt realise ARB built suspension here in OZ they only sell OME gear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Personally, I'd forgo the Moog strut mounts. Read some reviews on other forums, they get some bad reviews. Reuse your stock ones if the bushing sleeve isn't loose in them (you'd know, you'd get a horrendous noise) or get new Mopar ones. I just had to replace a factory one and went with Mopar. Up front, Mopar ones are $100 each, but better to spend that then $50 each on Moog ones and be paying someone $50 every few months to swap them out. Just my two pesos. :D

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd forgo the Moog strut mounts. Read some reviews on other forums, they get some bad reviews. Reuse your stock ones if the bushing sleeve isn't loose in them (you'd know, you'd get a horrendous noise) or get new Mopar ones. I just had to replace a factory one and went with Mopar. Up front, Mopar ones are $100 each, but better to spend that then $50 each on Moog ones and be paying someone $50 every few months to swap them out. Just my two pesos. :D

Thank you. It was my understanding moog was always a superior aftermarket product over oem. This bit of information is very helpful. I do not want to keep replacing parts if I don't need to.

On JBA site I see the .250 spacer rings and the plates. I added them to my cart just in case they are required.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Moog usually is good...but lately they've been going downhill. I never would've hesitated to get their strut mounts until I read the reviews. Generally, anything starting with K is good (well, except the strut mounts I guess) and RK is the budget line.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so these are Old Man Emu coils the seller is either an ARB outlet or sourced OME from ARB. Incidently in Australia as far as I know ARB is the only place you can buy OME

These are the rear struts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161820165776

These are the fronts. Picture doesn't look right ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131472676191

This is why I really appreciate all the help I can get. I can read for days but you guys know your stuff and keep up on it. Thank you

Also I added the plates and rings from JBA in case they are required

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog usually is good...but lately they've been going downhill. I never would've hesitated to get their strut mounts until I read the reviews. Generally, anything starting with K is good (well, except the strut mounts I guess) and RK is the budget line.

Well said and advice taken. Thanks!!

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rears look right and if you can get the OME132 go for it they are hard to get now. Those fronts are wrong or at least the pic is i would be asking the seller to clarify

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just emailed them. Hopefully it's just a picture error. I'm hoping I didn't copy the part number wrong but I think these are the new model number replacing the older one from the sticky page here

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can find 132 Ls buy them quick maybe a few left around yet , but they no longer make them. Still making the stock length but too short to use with the 948 springs
Not sure what picture you are looking at as far as front and rear shocks go but sometimes they will use any generic picture

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The rears look right and if you can get the OME132 go for it they are hard to get now. Those fronts are wrong or at least the pic is i would be asking the seller to clarify

132Ls, still can get the 132s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
These are the rear struts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161820165776

These are the fronts. Picture doesn't look right ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131472676191

This is why I really appreciate all the help I can get. I can read for days but you guys know your stuff and keep up on it. Thank you

Also I added the plates and rings from JBA in case they are required

No struts on a KJ or KK ....
If you add the top plate and clevis then you will need the JBA UCAs as well since you will be at 3,50 inches of lift ( with nothing added you would be at 2.5. Now also you will need to use two extra upper isolaters per side in the rear to level it out

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so these are Old Man Emu coils the seller is either an ARB outlet or sourced OME from ARB. Incidently in Australia as far as I know ARB is the only place you can buy OME

Other places sell them in Aus or used to anyways

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. So those spacers I purchased are just to give added lift ? Ok not bad. I'll probably end up using them.

Since I wasn't sure about the rears until now, I didn't place an order.
Looks like I'll need 4 uppers , 2 stacked together per side and then 2 lowers, 1 per side. Does that sound correct?

Then I read this wonderful write up http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-install-rear-coil-spring-isolators-43272/

Everything seems good so far. I only need to grab some pucks and look for tires

Since it's a 03 limited using the oem wheels http://www.autorimshop.com/jeep-liberty-2003-16-wheel-rim-9038.html?gclid=CNK16Oq94NECFdqCswod_scPMg
I was debating between cooper or bfg. I assume stock 235/70r16 is required for those rims - i just wanted to avoid the tiny passenger tire look
It sees mostly city driving with 5 months of snow. It does ride through fishing and game trails and does take the family camping quite often.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. So those spacers I purchased are just to give added lift ? Ok not bad. I'll probably end up using them.
The rear needs more isolaters ( I left this part out because I didn't know if it was the same part used for the front )

Then I read this wonderful write up http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-install-rear-coil-spring-isolators-43272/

Everything seems good so far. I only need to grab some pucks and look for tires

Since it's a 03 limited using the oem wheels Jeep Liberty 2003 16" Wheel Rim 9038
I was debating between cooper or bfg. I assume stock 235/70r16 is required for those rims - i just wanted to avoid the tiny passenger tire look
It sees mostly city driving with 5 months of snow. It does ride through fishing and game trails and does take the family camping quite often.

Cooper before BFG unless you like the BFG name
If you are going to 3.5 inches of lift ( with JBA UCAs ) then you can go 245-75-16s, will lose some power and mileage of course unless you regear.
Just for reference
here is my 03 with 2.5 inches of lift and 265-70-16s ( same height as 245-75-`16s ) on Moabs
You must be registered for see images attach

I'll find some with 3.5 and 245-70-16s in a bit