KJ Country Detailing Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
What did you use on the tires?

Edit: looks great!!! \:D/

i used up a can of meguiars hot shine. They look better in person, like i said before the site i used to upload the pics seems to be robbing the quality.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your paint seems to be in better shape than mine. I guess i could remove all the swirls and water spots on my hood, but Im not going to worry about it. It looks better than most cars on the road and ALOT better than any jeep so Im happy. I dont want to remove any clear anyway.. :-s

What site are you using to host? I never have any problems with photobucket.. O:)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my paint is in pretty good shape. There really arent any swirls at all. There are a couple low spots in my hood that drive me nuts. The hosting site that i am using is tagworld. thats only because i found a link to it from here. there doesnt seem to be any sort of limit to the amount of pictures that i can put on there so i have been using that in the past. might be time to change that.

2003KJ

Reaction score
especko said:
my paint is in pretty good shape. There really arent any swirls at all. There are a couple low spots in my hood that drive me nuts. The hosting site that i am using is tagworld. thats only because i found a link to it from here. there doesnt seem to be any sort of limit to the amount of pictures that i can put on there so i have been using that in the past. might be time to change that.

http://www.imageshack.us/ works great for me.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the same picture that i showed before, hosted with imageshack

You must be registered for see images

quality seems to be a little better. if someone wants to see the rest of the pictures that are posted above changed to imageshack hosting for better quality let me know

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can I say? Someone over at Meguairs saw where I said I couldnt afford a DVD showing you how to use different types of meguairs products and how to use the PC(Buffer).. He is sending me one free of charge! This is a $25 DVD that is around 3hours long! I was amazed! It feels so good to have people like this that are willing to do something like this! He didnt ask for anything but to send people to his website.. Anyone that is unsure about detailing a car, this DVD is a must!!

ShowCarGarage.com

\:D/

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude has prosthetic leg sad2.gif and he is moving as fast as he can to get it done before it is dark.
Wow mini is easy to wash!

I never thought it would work so well without all that bubbles.. but seems like it does the job well.
The city water is really bad, it smells like it hs %50 bleach! I damages the paint a lot.

Also, does anyone ever used pampers or any diapers to wash?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
dude has prosthetic leg sad2.gif and he is moving as fast as he can to get it done before it is dark.
Wow mini is easy to wash!

I never thought it would work so well without all that bubbles.. but seems like it does the job well.
The city water is really bad, it smells like it hs %50 bleach! I damages the paint a lot.

Also, does anyone ever used pampers or any diapers to wash?

Yea I know. He loves the work he does too. I would like to know what happened to him.. Thats the guy that sent me the DVD.. Really cool guy I think..

I dont like how he didnt spray water in the bucket after putting the soap in. Ive never have a problem with not getting enough water into the bucket before it over flows with suds. I just hold the water on the side of the bucket, works great..

Lol, Ive never used pampers before.. O:) My hand mitt feels just like one though. I have the same one he was using..

Riv's Papaw

Reaction score
Rubber bumper-stabilizer removal

Excuse me if this is the wrong thread. I removed the plastic bug shield from my hood and have not decided exactly how to remove those 4 rubber bumper nodules without damaging the finish. Anyone have ideas on this?

2003KJ

Reaction score
So anybody else here as obsessed as I and tire shine the wheel wells?

If you dont, you really should try it. Adds a very nice touch and really brings out the shine on the vehicle and in the tires.

I use the cheapest tire foam I can get for this part....lately it's been the "Son of a Gun" brand.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:

If you dont, you really should try it. Adds a very nice touch and really brings out the shine on the vehicle and in the tires.

I use the cheapest tire foam I can get for this part....lately it's been the "Son of a Gun" brand.

every time i wash the jeep

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Rubber bumper-stabilizer removal

Riv's Papaw said:
Excuse me if this is the wrong thread. I removed the plastic bug shield from my hood and have not decided exactly how to remove those 4 rubber bumper nodules without damaging the finish. Anyone have ideas on this?

Depends what kind they are. I believe they are just the stick on bumpstops correct? You could try heating them up and pulling a fishing string under them. They may just pull off after heating them up? You can use rubbing alcohol to get the stick stuff off or use something called Goo Gone. Ive seen it at walmart and alike places.. O:) Be sure to wax the area after words.. \:D/

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:

Ive been wanting to do that. Thats mostly why I bought the MEGS ASD.. It seems like Im always in a hurry when Im washing the jeep and I dont have the time. When I go home on the weekends from school, I like to spend time with the family and not detailing the jeep. When Im at school, I get weird looks for taking 1.5hours to wash my jeep in the wash bay. I even quik waxed it today. I just smile as people stare me down. 8-[ I would love to have an apartment to wash and wax my jeep here at school. Or have some friends that would let me use theirs. I miss detailing my jeep.. :-s

Riv's Papaw

Reaction score

jeepjeepster said:
Riv's Papaw said:

Depends what kind they are. I believe they are just the stick on bumpstops correct? You could try heating them up and pulling a fishing string under them. They may just pull off after heating them up? You can use rubbing alcohol to get the stick stuff off or use something called Goo Gone. Ive seen it at walmart and alike places.. O:) Be sure to wax the area after words.. \:D/

Yes Sir... they are the stick-on type. How does one go about heating them? I really don't have a clue. Thanks (Aeh)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Riv's Papaw said:
jeepjeepster said:
Riv's Papaw said:

Yes Sir... they are the stick-on type. How does one go about heating them? I really don't have a clue. Thanks (Aeh)

use a simple hair dryer to warm them up, dont get the paint to hot otherwise you could hurt the clear coat.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one....

I actually didn't start doing it until about a year ago....a little trick my neighbor, well he's now my late neighbor, gave me

Riv's Papaw

Reaction score

especko said:
Riv's Papaw said:
jeepjeepster said:
Riv's Papaw said:

use a simple hair dryer to warm them up, dont get the paint to hot otherwise you could hurt the clear coat.

Worked like charm... Thanks