KJ Country Detailing Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need a detailing section! Bennett!!!

Anway, got done putting the rustys front lift on, so I cleaned her up.. I even used some old car wash soap in the pressure washer and did the under body. \:D/ I could eat off the muffler now.. O:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Check out the fender wells. I put meguiars ASD on them. \:D/

The Hemi is getting done tomorrow. Pic will come. O:)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh, I washed and use ASD on the grand too.

Washed, before ASD:

After ASD:

The sun was going down, so I couldnt get a good pic since it was in the trees.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im killed. Its hard to wash 3 Jeeps. ](*,)

My brother has moved away, but here is a pic of his jeep:

Theres our little family of jeeps. O:)

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
2003KJ said:
show off!!!!

just kiddin...looks great!

What year is your bro's XJ?

99.. it only has around 55k on it. O:)

GREAT year for the XJ IMO. Neighbor's son has a 99 with just a hair over 90K on it. Aside from somewhat routine maint., it's pretty solid....and I do like that 4.0.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya those 4.0 motors go forever. my bro currently has 285k on his 99 cherokee with only routine maintance and one changed TPS sensor.

2003KJ

Reaction score
For those who own a sport with the grat plastic trim, what do yall use to bring the color back to them?

I was using Mothers Back to Black, and at first it was working pretty good, but now it seems like it's not lasting very long.....and my bumpers are pretty sorry for only 3.5 years.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i would recommend is some meguiars ASD (All-season dressing) applied with a body brush, this stuff has some good durability in my mind.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
What is the best, longest lasting tire shine in ya'lls opinion??

I have had good luck with the product i listed above meguiars ASD. It seems to last pretty good, and has a nice shine to it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
what i would recommend is some meguiars ASD (All-season dressing) applied with a body brush, this stuff has some good durability in my mind.

What kind of body brush do you use? I just used some clean rags that I keep around for that type of stuff and it took FOREVER! I would like to find something that works alittle better than that. :-s

And yes, Meguiars ASD seems to work out great. The only thing is that you cannot find it local. thats something you must order. It only comes in gallon size(i think) from meguiars, but you can buy samples that will last ALONG time from Autodetailingsolutions.com..

CLICKY

The only thing Ive seen so far with ASD, after it rains on it, it seems to run alittle. It looks awesome after you put it on though. I find it best to put it on really heavy, then go back over it after a few hours. Also, the first time you put it on, it make take two coats to make it uni-form.

I use it on door handles, mirrors, fender-wells, and on-top the rear bumper where its plastic. Ive never used it on the plastic cowl infront of the windshield, but I need to. I also have some scratches on the bottom of my front bumper, and even though its painted, it helps hide those really well. O:)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the body brush that i have used in the past is about a 4 inch square one with green bristles, i generally squirt about 6 shots of the ASD on a tire and rub it around the tire with the brush, this also works good for the running boards or whatever else need some dressing.

2003KJ

Reaction score
For the tires I use the Black Magic foam. Spray a light to moderate ammount on the tires, then take a damp sponge, spray some on to the sponge, and rub it in on all the tires. REALLY cuts back on the slinging. BM Foam does come off in the next drive in the rain, but the stuff is cheap enough and gives a great look IMO. I've tried the BM Gel and it lasted alot longer, but also picked EVERY bit of dirt and dust in the air. By the 2nd day, the tires looked dirty and slimy, rather than shiny.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I jus got home....I ended up getting the Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating.....I'll post how it looks tomorrow morning. First thing i'ma do when I get up is go outside and detail the Jeep. This stuff was expensive so I hope I get what I paid for lol

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
Ok I jus got home....I ended up getting the Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating.....I'll post how it looks tomorrow morning. First thing i'ma do when I get up is go outside and detail the Jeep. This stuff was expensive so I hope I get what I paid for lol

I loved that stuff! Very good IMHO. O:)

It is VERY shiny though. I found it best to put it on and let it sit for awhile then go back over it again. Dont use to much and use a tire applicator or a sponge like 2003kj did. It wont sling off as bad. O:)

Ohh, dont use the same sponge on the paint that you do to put the tire shine on. ](*,) O:)