KJ Country Detailing Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Questions

[quote="desertkj]
Oh, and a trick that seems to work pretty well, especially in warmer weather, is to get a spray bottle and spray the area you just waxed and then wipe it off to get rid of any excess. It depends on the wax on if youll need to do this.[/quote]

Is the spray bottle for water or for the wax liquid?

Any other tips...

just wash and apply liquid wax and buff by hand rite?

I gotta try this waxing thing given these pictures you all posted.... they look better than at the dealership.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I see a kittah!!!!!!!!!

You must be registered for see images

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
You must be registered for see images attach

Great photo Jeepster!

==========

Okay, anyone mention RejeX yet?!
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1471

I usually keep my Jeeps looking pretty clean. People always comment that they look new. I can't stand people that drive around in dirty vehicles... lol.

1) Use a power washer.
2) Hand wash twice using Mr. Clean. Hand wash the front a third time in October due to all the summer bugs.
3) Hand try it. Let it sit overnight in the garage, then use RejeX. I usually do the front twice (twice a year, March and October).
4) I also always clean inside the doors.
5) Then clean the leather seats with Meguiar's.
6) I then clean the windows inside and out, and then Armor-all the dash, etc.
7) And I've also got a shop vac.
8) I also wipe down some stuff under the hood just to keep it looking good.
9) I also scrub the wheels, but I no longer use tire shine, as IMHO, nice looking off road tires don't need it! (biggrin)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Questions

liberator said:
[quote="desertkj]
Oh, and a trick that seems to work pretty well, especially in warmer weather, is to get a spray bottle and spray the area you just waxed and then wipe it off to get rid of any excess. It depends on the wax on if youll need to do this.

Is the spray bottle for water or for the wax liquid?

Any other tips...

just wash and apply liquid wax and buff by hand rite?

I gotta try this waxing thing given these pictures you all posted.... they look better than at the dealership.[/quote]

Oh sorry. Water. I usually use a slight mist and then wipe the area down again. However, the liquid wax (wax as you dry) is the first thing I do as I dry it as it seems to prevent any spotting.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:

From what i have read rejex is a paint sealant, its not a wax. Which therefore if you have any issues with the paint already, like brake dust, scratches, oxidation etc. It wont work to the full effect. Products like this or any sealant for that matter have to have the propper paint prep in order to look good.

I have never used rejex before, however i have seen that it recommends reapplying every 4-6 months, which is basically the same for all paint sealants.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you all find the libby very hard to wax? It doesnt have alot of flat surfaces which make it hard to use a buffer. The hood, the top, and some of the doors are the only places I can use a buffer. Not to sure how to use #80 to remove swirls if I cannot use the buffer?

Ill have tons of pics in a few hours.. Been working on it all day. \:D/

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Do you all find the libby very hard to wax? It doesnt have alot of flat surfaces which make it hard to use a buffer. The hood, the top, and some of the doors are the only places I can use a buffer. Not to sure how to use #80 to remove swirls if I cannot use the buffer?

Ill have tons of pics in a few hours.. Been working on it all day. \:D/

The liberty is rather hard to buff, the surfaces arent that flat. Expecially for me since i have a renny, with them damn fenders lol. are you using a rotary to remove swirls? i dont remember what you use, if you do, what pads are you using?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No rotary for me. Ive just been getting the hang of the PC buffer, someday Ill learn to use the rotary.

Im all done!! This may sound kinda strange, but I didnt do the entire jeep. I did about half of the roof, didnt do the tail gate, and did just about everything else. I was only trying to remove some swirls using the PC and didnt really have time to do everything. The parts I did do, I used #80 to remove swirls with a W-8006 Megs polish pad, #7 glaze with a W-8006 Meg polish pad, and #26 yellow wax with a W-9006 Megs finsh pad. I cleaned the engine using no harsh de-greasers, but only a brush and meguiars DC soap. It wasnt that bad to begin with. I used Meguiars All season dressing on the plastic under the hood and on all the outside door handles, mudflaps, and mirrors. Meguiars endurance was used on the tires along with #80, #7, and #26 all appiled by hand on the rims.

I used only Meguiars ultra plush towels to buff the everything off the paint and used Meguiars Water Magnet towels to dry. I believe Ive covered everything, now for the pics!

During:

All Afters:

In its home.. till I go back to school on wednesday morning, right when they are giving a 70% chance or rain. ](*,)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Im all done!! This may sound kinda strange, but I didnt do the entire jeep. I did about half of the roof, didnt do the tail gate, and did just about everything else. I was only trying to remove some swirls using the PC and didnt really have time to do everything. The parts I did do, I used #80 to remove swirls with a W-8006 Megs polish pad, #7 glaze with a W-8006 Meg polish pad, and #26 yellow wax with a W-9006 Megs finsh pad. I cleaned the engine using no harsh de-greasers, but only a brush and meguiars DC soap. It wasnt that bad to begin with. I used Meguiars All season dressing on the plastic under the hood and ASD on all the outside door handles and mirrors. Meguiars endurance was used on the tires along with #80, #7, and #26 all appiled by hand on the rims.

Any reason why you dont use the ASD on the tires? For engines i prefer the Hyper Dressing, honestly i have never seen anyone use the ASD for a motor before.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never seen anyone use ASD on engines either. I dont see why not, it works great and everyone says it last alot longer than hyper dressing. I didnt want to spend more and buy both ASD and hyper dressing when I would only use hyper under the hood and ASD is cheaper. I wont use that 32ox sample before I die. I used it on the mudflaps, mirrors, door handles and engine and couldnt tell any was gone from the bottle.

You didnt say how it looked!?!?! :-s

Edit: I didnt use ASD on the tires b/c I already have endurance and I didnt think ASD would be as good.. The endurance stays on forever unles it rains. It will only come off the back tires in that situation too, the fronts stays shiney.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Stampey! Ive not heard very many good things about that stuff over on autopia.org. People said it wouldnt come back off and didnt leave a good smooth surface. Yous seems to of turned out good though. \:D/

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to try out that Ice stuff and see how it works on mine. By the way jeepjeepster, what happened to the cragars? Its almost too shiny now. lol.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Ive never seen anyone use ASD on engines either. I dont see why not, it works great and everyone says it last alot longer than hyper dressing. I didnt want to spend more and buy both ASD and hyper dressing when I would only use hyper under the hood and ASD is cheaper. I wont use that 32ox sample before I die. I used it on the mudflaps, mirrors, door handles and engine and couldnt tell any was gone from the bottle.

Edit: I didnt use ASD on the tires b/c I already have endurance and I didnt think ASD would be as good.. The endurance stays on forever unles it rains. It will only come off the back tires in that situation too, the fronts stays shiney.

Sorry your jeep looks excellent, to bad you werent closer to me, i could teach you to use a rotary then. Yes i agree that the ASD is cheaper then the Hyper Dressing, however you have to remember that yes one gallon of HD is 40 bucks, it is concentrated, and the recommended dilution that i have sound is like 3 to 1, so its really like 3 gallons of product then.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
jeepjeepster said:

Sorry your jeep looks excellent, to bad you werent closer to me, i could teach you to use a rotary then. Yes i agree that the ASD is cheaper then the Hyper Dressing, however you have to remember that yes one gallon of HD is 40 bucks, it is concentrated, and the recommended dilution that i have sound is like 3 to 1, so its really like 3 gallons of product then.

yea, thats true, but like I said, I wont even use the 32oz of ASD i have anytime soon. The hyper is a better deal, but for me the ASD is more economical.

desertkj, I still have the rims, they are my offroading tires. I go to school 2 hours away and the mpg wasnt good.. If i can sell my tires Ill get some smaller ones and leave them on more often. \:D/

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
yea, thats true, but like I said, I wont even use the 32oz of ASD i have anytime soon. The hyper is a better deal, but for me the ASD is more economical.

desertkj, I still have the rims, they are my offroading tires. I go to school 2 hours away and the mpg wasnt good.. If i can sell my tires Ill get some smaller ones and leave them on more often. \:D/

Yea no need to buy something that you wont use. I will have some pics of my jeep soon, i get me klasse SG on wednesday, but wont have time to get to the jeep for a while. going out of town this weekend and all next week so hopefully the weather will keep up for me and hopefully i wont run out of time. Seeing as the high temp for me on this thursday is only suppose to be 37. brrrrrrr

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how clean your engine area looks, it is practically brand new! What battery are you using?

I still couldn't bring myself to buy a pack of wax, etc. and start working on my jeep. My biggest fear that once I am done with it, it will have those horrible smears on it if I don't repeat the work after some time.

PS: There goes 8 slot jeep grill.. Never understood why they were like that.. :-k

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I cannot believe how clean your engine area looks, it is practically brand new! What battery are you using?

I still couldn't bring myself to buy a pack of wax, etc. and start working on my jeep. My biggest fear that once I am done with it, it will have those horrible smears on it if I don't repeat the work after some time.

PS: There goes 8 slot jeep grill.. Never understood why they were like that.. :-k

well usually the "smears" are actually from people not putting the wax on even enough. It happens more with dark colors, you just have to remember to not try and pour half a bottle of wax onto the applicator.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

Thats the optiman red top!!!

I dont understand why they used the 8 slot grill either? Made me mad when I first noticed it.. :-s

It wont smear at all as long as you get a apply a good even, THIN coat. Do the swipe test to make sure the wax id dry then remove with a Micro fiber towel. The swipe test means you take you fenger and wipe the wax. If it comes off the paint clean, then its ready to be removed, if it smears, then wait alittle longer.. O:)

Latest posts

Members online