I think I got the "Liberty fever"!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you might remember me, I had an '05 Liberty 4cyl, 6speed, that I traded for a Dodge Nitro, which I then traded for a new Ram 1500.
Well, I miss that old Jeep. I've been looking for another one. I definitely want a 6 speed, and the V6. The 4 was gutless.
Found a couple locally, both are high mileage, over 150k, and need work. One needs a throwout bearing, which I would include a clutch, pressure plate, and at least resurfaced flywheel. Possibly seals, bearings, etc. in the trans.
The other has a bad engine. I haven't actually looked at either, I'm afraid that will send me to stage4 Liberty fever, where the only cure is to actually buy one!

I kind of like the styling of the KK, but of course those are priced higher. I need to find out the changes that were made. They look longer.

I want to stick with rear wheel drive, so no Patriot, etc.

Anyways, I might be back. I've dropped in a couple times, just to keep up with things.
This 'site has a great bunch of people!:mwah1:

Juggar

Reaction score
I got my 96k mile 07 4x4 V6 from Copart auction for $2100 (+ fees of course).

Mint other than a door that needed replacing. Cost me $700 for that. But all in all I think you can get pretty good deals from auctions.

had brand spankin new tires and brakes too. Oversized tires at that, which were great because I installed a 2 inch lift.

I consider the V6 to be minimal and mediocre. Its not good, but I daily a heavily modified stage 2 2017 GTI (350 HP/ 410 ft/lbs).... so everything ends up being slow and ****** now.

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you might remember me, I had an '05 Liberty 4cyl, 6speed, that I traded for a Dodge Nitro, which I then traded for a new Ram 1500.
Well, I miss that old Jeep. I've been looking for another one. I definitely want a 6 speed, and the V6. The 4 was gutless.
Found a couple locally, both are high mileage, over 150k, and need work. One needs a throwout bearing, which I would include a clutch, pressure plate, and at least resurfaced flywheel. Possibly seals, bearings, etc. in the trans.
The other has a bad engine. I haven't actually looked at either, I'm afraid that will send me to stage4 Liberty fever, where the only cure is to actually buy one!

I kind of like the styling of the KK, but of course those are priced higher. I need to find out the changes that were made. They look longer.

I want to stick with rear wheel drive, so no Patriot, etc.

Anyways, I might be back. I've dropped in a couple times, just to keep up with things.
This 'site has a great bunch of people!:mwah1:

Bear in mind if you get a manual transmission that the clutch plate has a curved surface on it to match the curve on the flywheel so the flywheel cannot be re-surfaced much....only cleaned up with some emery paper.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that's some good information, THANK YOU!!!!

See what I mean about great people on this 'site.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the one with a supposedly bad throwout bearing is a no go. Too much rust. Typical spots, near 3rd brake light, bottom of doors, rockers. Not even sure it's a throw out bearing. Sounded more like a pulley.
I'll keep watching, no rush, one will find me.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, don't people even know what they drive anymore???
I want a manual trans, since I think automatics are boring, so I always put "manual trans" into the search engine. I continually find a Libby that I'm interested in, only to see an automatic in the interior pics. So far I have not seen a manual while looking at "automatic" listings.
I have been seeing some real nice automatics though!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took me 13 months to find mine, man.
Also, avoid 07 MY. 05 and 06 only. the Drive-By-Wire in the 07 is... annoying.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now I'm in a quandry. I found a nice '08 stick, for $3400, but it's 4.5 hours away from me. Most of the decent KJ's have been upwards of $2500, or needing plenty of work. I really wanted more of a toy than a daily driver, but I don't want to have to deal with rust.
I may have to make a road trip with a pocket of cash.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy sent me this after seeing it on the NJ turnpike. It's a V6 manual.

You ready for this... 33s and a rough country lift is all that's done to it lmao.

You must be registered for see images attach