Headlights Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danuk

Reaction score
Hi have just fitted / changed my headlights, but don't seem to be able to remove the side light bulb below it

Any suggestions on how this can be removed, Philips extreme are great

I have a uk jeep Cherokee 2005 if this makes a difference

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi have just fitted / changed my headlights, but don't seem to be able to remove the side light bulb below it

Any suggestions on how this can be removed, Philips extreme are great

I have a uk jeep Cherokee 2005 if this makes a difference

The turn signal bulb? Or the small reflector bulb below the turn signal?
Either way should be easy
The turn signal housing unscrews from the bumper/fender and comes out and the small one below that I believe is up under the bumper, maybe behind the inner fender liner
I have my bumper cut off on the bottom so I can access that one very easily

Danuk

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but neither of them. In the headlight housing it has two bulbs, one for the normal Headlight thats easy to change then just below it has a "side light bulb" which lights on the first click of the lights stem.

I can unconnect it but cannot remove the bulb to change it, not sure if its a turn or pull.

if you see the second image here on an ebay item, its the grey connector but it wont release to change the bulb
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JEEP-CHER...4e4224&pid=100338&rk=8&rkt=30&sd=391656131274

Thanks Dan

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen that before, US KJs don't have that.

Is the black tab part of the headlight? I'm assuming it is. So that tab won't release? I'd try heating it up gently with a hair dryer.

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I've never seen that before, US KJs don't have that.

Is the black tab part of the headlight? I'm assuming it is. So that tab won't release? I'd try heating it up gently with a hair dryer.

It's the small gray connector that he's referring to

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The small gray connector I'm referring to at the top of the housing in the given picture does not have a black tab on it "bud".. zoom in on it
It's the back of the bulb where the wiring harness plugs into
Unless you are looking at something else
It appears it would just be a DRL

I'd try to turn it as hard as you can I guess, I can't see how else it would be held in other than being a twist style