Advice/recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmw2rdr

Reaction score
Bought my 2004 Jeep Liberty 4WD new. At 225K miles had blown engine replaced with a Jasper engine. At 245K miles replaced transmission replaced with a Jasper transmission. Both are performing well and currently have no known major issues. Just ongoing check engine light and electric window motor issues. Currently I have 250K miles and plan to take a 5K mile trip. What preventive maintenance suggestions do you suggest doing? This is my daily driver and I want to keep it but I have been told that although the engine and transmission should be good, I will start experiencing and onset of problems with old wiring harness, sensors, etc. I'm 4 times the age of my Jeep and no longer do my repairs. If these problems begin, should I keep doing repairs or sell it now, while everything is in good repair and upgrade to a newer vehicle? You recommendations/advice will be appreciated.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into the check engine light, it's there for a reason, other than that, ball joints, brakes, and fluids.

bmw2rdr

Reaction score
Look into the check engine light, it's there for a reason, other than that, ball joints, brakes, and fluids.
Thanks, I will. All new ball joints, brakes, fluids, front CV joints. No work, yet, on transfer case or differential.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flick the ignition key 3 times to reveal your 'check engine light' codes.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2004 Jeep Liberty 4WD new. At 225K miles had blown engine replaced with a Jasper engine. At 245K miles replaced transmission replaced with a Jasper transmission. Both are performing well and currently have no known major issues. Just ongoing check engine light and electric window motor issues. Currently I have 250K miles and plan to take a 5K mile trip. What preventive maintenance suggestions do you suggest doing? This is my daily driver and I want to keep it but I have been told that although the engine and transmission should be good, I will start experiencing and onset of problems with old wiring harness, sensors, etc. I'm 4 times the age of my Jeep and no longer do my repairs. If these problems begin, should I keep doing repairs or sell it now, while everything is in good repair and upgrade to a newer vehicle? You recommendations/advice will be appreciated.
I have a 2004 4x4 liberty, replaced the ****** with rebuilt one, just an idea I moved trans cooler up into the airflow, as old layout put the cooler below the bumper out of the airflow. After my ****** ran 30 degrees cooler

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Get you a read of the codes. Most chain Auto Parts Stores will do it for free.